**NEW** 1964 VOX 2x12 57/122 ir

indeloon85

Inspired
Today I shot a whole bunch of IR's (about 8 cabinets, 1 fried brain)

I posted an IR a couple months back of this cabinet that was shot with a 58/609 blend. Today, I spent more time with this cabinet, and pretty happy with the results!

Let a brotha know what a brotha thinks about a brotha. Thanks!

Attachments

• 64 Vox 2X12 57.122 #9.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 268
I will be checking this out ASAP. Your last IR became the default on a lot of my presets (Global cab slot 2, in fact lol). I prefer the sound of a 609 (I have several) but a 57 can work well in just about any situation, so I'm looking forward to hearing this one.

I will be checking this out ASAP. Your last IR became the default on a lot of my presets (Global cab slot 2, in fact lol). I prefer the sound of a 609 (I have several) but a 57 can work well in just about any situation, so I'm looking forward to hearing this one.
That's awesome!!! 609's do sound great! Let me know what you think!

Will check this out and let you know - the last IR became a default on my Vox and DC30 presets.

Still keen to know if the .ir file can be made available?
I blend the IR with another using a stereo Cab Block, but I'd like to blend it in Cab Lab to condense down to a Mono Cab Block

This is a really nice IR. It's got a little more chime in it than your '65. I like. Paired in stereo with the '65, panned a little left and right, it sound massive.

Thanks for sharing these!

Thanks for your work. This IR is really good. Must be the '64 speakers and the skill in getting that mic in the right place.
As stated by iaresee above, I'll try it in stereo.

Having just made the adjustments to my AMP block as suggested by Cliff, there is some real chime now. Can't wait for the forthcoming FW update covering the AC30's!!

Having just made the adjustments to my AMP block as suggested by Cliff, there is some real chime now.

Just got home and catching up on today's AC30 events. So the changes really make a difference? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Today I shot a whole bunch of IR's (about 8 cabinets, 1 fried brain)

I posted an IR a couple months back of this cabinet that was shot with a 58/609 blend. Today, I spent more time with this cabinet, and pretty happy with the results!

Let a brotha know what a brotha thinks about a brotha. Thanks!

I'll give this a shot later this week... looking forward to it.

Will check this out and let you know - the last IR became a default on my Vox and DC30 presets.

Still keen to know if the .ir file can be made available?
I blend the IR with another using a stereo Cab Block, but I'd like to blend it in Cab Lab to condense down to a Mono Cab Block
Hey dbun! I'll try to remember to post the .ir tonight when I get home. I'm glad to hear it's in use!

Paired in stereo with the '65, panned a little left and right, it sound massive.
Yep, this was one of the first combinations I tried. Fantastic!

These two IRs will become my go to setup.

Previously I was blending the previously released IR with a Vox Cab from another cab pack.

Yep, this was one of the first combinations I tried. Fantastic!

These two IRs will become my go to setup.

Previously I was blending the previously released IR with a Vox Cab from another cab pack.

So bummer...I tried both thru AxeChange and uploading here, and it won't allow me

So, I'm guessing this a mix of a Shure SM57 and a Royer R122??? I am really not familiar with the R122......is the only difference between it and their 121 the fact that the 122 is active?

So, I'm guessing this a mix of a Shure SM57 and a Royer R122??? I am really not familiar with the R122......is the only difference between it and their 121 the fact that the 122 is active?
This is from the Royer website about the difference between them:
"The R-122 is basically a phantom powered version of the R-121, coupled with a larger transformer and active electronics. This gives the R-122 13 db more level without any increase in noise (all of the extra level comes from the larger transformer; hence that wonderful thing called "free gain"). The extra level is useful when recording low level sound sources like acoustic instruments, vocals, soft percussion and spoken word. Both mics utilize a 2.5 micron aluminum ribbon and are capable of handling a maximum SPL of 135db (at 20 Hz!). The R-122 is also more forgiving with regard to preamplifier input impedance and long cable runs. The R-121 is generally favored for loud sound sources, such as loud guitar amplifiers, toms and kick drum."

Back
Top Bottom