AXE-FX blocks

FTR-greg

Inspired
I was wondering has it ever been considered adding a block exchange similar to the preset exchange? Sorry, if this has been discussed before.
I really love the preset exchange and all the fine folks who post there. It is inspiring to see so much time spent on great tones and effects. Thank you to you all!!

It's a cool idea but really, that's what axechange already is. Presets are basically just a collection of blocks. I totally see what you mean though. people describe the amp/cab on axechange and don't mention if there's other great blocks. My go to reverb was mined from a random axechange preset.

Actually I like the idea a lot. I frequently tear FX blocks out of others presets and there have been a couple of threads in the presets area where people post blocks (see Simeon's sweet FX block threads, the various Mother of All effects block threads, etc). The fact that not all AxeFxII presets can be shared across devices (whereas blocks can) makes it even more relevant. You should consider bumping one of those existing threads with some new items or creating a new one to see if you can get some momentum.

Great, glad to see there might be interest in this and I'm not alone. That's exactly it, I tend to gravitate toward great blocks, rather than whole presets, even in my own little AXE-FX world. I tend to build from previous amp blocks and cabs, as I'm sure a lot of folks do. I expect it would make sense for me to use global blocks as well but it always seems I have to tweak blocks for each song so they sit in the mix well. I will absolutely take your advice and see if I can start a block "party" :) Thanks Zenaxe and kennyhbr for your replies!!!

+1

Block exchange will be important in an AFII/FX8/AX8 world, where the only thing those devices can share are blocks. My hunch is that it's coming. Plus, I think individual blocks are a bit more universal than entire presets (which often depend on the I/O config and monitoring setup used).

Block sharing isn't quite the same as preset sharing; I would find this much more useful.

Quite often I'm chasing a certain delay or overdrive setting and it would be great to jump onto a searchable share-point and see what others have created.

Awesome, that is so great to hear that I'm not alone. I really look forward to the possibility of a block share.... Thank you FAS and all of the great folks on this forum!!!

I dig this idea a lot- I rare if ever use others presets but I would try blocks out. As mentioned above, when I have used presets from others, I typically would just pull a few blocks from them and insert them into my presets.

I like this idea too......but.....

One problem that I can see is that many blocks will often have 'External' and/or 'Internal' modifiers attached that are crucial to that 'Effect'. Currently, when you share a block, the modifier or modifiers 'Links' as well as the 'Modifier Tab' Parameters will be included. But the 'Internal' Modifier's parameters themselves are not over-written. This is most likely by design as this preserves the operation of the current blocks, but the new imported block will not sound as intended?

What if you import a shared block that has multiple 'Modifiers' into a preset that has some of those same 'Modifiers' already "Linked' to some blocks already in the preset. how should this conflict be handled?........Food for thought......

Back
Top Bottom