Tap tempo not working? Anyone else?

ElFingers

Hello all. I've been playing around with my FX8 for a few weeks now and I've been having trouble with my tap tempo. For some reason, anytime I tap in my tempo the FX8 can't quite latch onto it. For example, if I tap in a 120 BPM groove, it's all over the place (from 95 to 158); it's annoying as heck because the repeats simply are not jiving with what my band is playing. My Axe-FX has no issues whatsoever and the setup is similar in the FX8 (ie. simply set your temp to quarter notes and you can tap in on the fly). Ultimately, I'm going to sync via MIDI, but for now I need to get this figured out.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm overlooking? Thanks!

Hello all. I've been playing around with my FX8 for a few weeks now and I've been having trouble with my tap tempo. For some reason, anytime I tap in my tempo the FX8 can't quite latch onto it. For example, if I tap in a 120 BPM groove, it's all over the place (from 95 to 158); it's annoying as heck because the repeats simply are not jiving with what my band is playing. My Axe-FX has no issues whatsoever and the setup is similar in the FX8 (ie. simply set your temp to quarter notes and you can tap in on the fly). Ultimately, I'm going to sync via MIDI, but for now I need to get this figured out.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm overlooking? Thanks!

You are not missing anything. We have discovered an issue with the tap tempo. A public beta is in the works that will address this issue, and add a few new, really cool, features.

You are not missing anything. We have discovered an issue with the tap tempo. A public beta is in the works that will address this issue, and add a few new, really cool, features.

Thank you for the response!!! I thought I was losing my mind...I'm really looking forward to the fix and the new features!:applause:

Can we turn the tempo light off all together? I don't use it
The FX8 always has an internal tempo, whether your preset uses it or not. So do each of your presets. I'd rather ignore the Tempo light when I'm not using it than have to enable it when I am using it.

Back
Top Bottom