Hotel California - Solo - Preset

Heinzi

Inspired
Here`s my take on the Hotel California Solo

I used Cabs in the Attic "Allesandro 1x12 57 C" and a 59`Style "Maybach" Les Paul with "Amber - Spirit of 59" Pickups (both german brands....)

Presets for XL is attached...Phaser off for Felder, Phaser on for Walsh

Link to the Tabs and Playback will follow...

Attachments

• Hotel California Solo.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 368
This is a great rendition of a great solo!

BTW: How do you like the Maybach Les Paul? How does it compare to a "real" Gibson Les Paul?

This is a great rendition of a great solo!

BTW: How do you like the Maybach Les Paul? How does it compare to a "real" Gibson Les Paul?

I was looking for a good sounding LP and didn´t like the "affordable" newer Gibsons at all - I don´t know why but everybody told me to go for a used one from the 90s due to wood problems, so I stumbled over the brand "Maybach" wich are about 1600 Euro (round about), and the one i have was very much in the tradition of a 59 LP and I think you would have to pay at least 3000 Euro to get a comparable Gibson, so the choice was easy - they´re great!

Outstanding!

Live Sweeny said earlier, it would be great to see pics of your amp and drive settings for the AxeFX II Mark 1 users. :)

Terry.

Reactions: JSM
Here's to satisfy all users:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nopwq6ef1bhmdvc/Hotel California Solo.csv?dl=0

I'll keep that in my dropbox for a bit.

Thank you so much, that´s great!!

Yes, indeed, that was the Tweed, like the Eagles did- Input Drive and Master Volume are all the way cranked up. If you play the "Walsh" Part with a Tele and the Felder Part with a LP 59 (if you happen to have one:)) or 59 Style, you can get even closer- but I did everything with the Maybach 59LP

Nailed it. Great post. Downloaded the preset!

I know I'll have to tweak it, because I don't think any of my guitars are going to replicate your pickup sound, but it's a great place to start from. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom