Axe-Fest Germany 2015 | CAB-PACK Teaser

You should have a paypal donation site.

The Axe-Fest 2014 IRs had a link for paypal donation, als the Axe-Fest IR Folder HAVE a donation site .... look into the root-folder, there`s a DONATE.htm with the link ... but yes, seems nobody take notice ... sadly ... :roll

Donated.

LOL. I was thinking "I really should search for that thread and see if there was a donation link" as I typed my above post, but I'm just too lazy to do anything I should do lately. Looking forward to your work, Mr. Morphosis!

Randy

Much appreciated! Thank you! :encouragement:

One "Beta-Tester" from the german forum did his first Mixes:

Marshall 1960AX G12M25:

RAW MIX (no predelay trim, no MPT, incl natural phase): E906-F-C_I + MD441-F-C_I + X1-F-C_I, all at 0db. PRS Single Cut + Amp: Friedeman HBE.
so, all I-Variants = "Virtual Idealized FLAT Amp" or call it MIC+DI or call it "THE"-method ... as you like...

Personally, I like this one much.

Diezel 212 front loaded G12K100:

RAW MIX (no predelay trim, no MPT, incl natural phase): E906-F-1_I at 0db + X1-F-2_I at -7db. PRS Single Cut + Amp: Rockerverb50.

Th SE Electronics X1 is a ribbon, so nice to get the bottom end right...

In the meantime i hecked something out and want to share that with you wit a small public BETA TEST.

DOWNLOAD BETATEST files HERE (Axe-Fx II / XL UR & .IR - all MPT). Sorry, no XL+, i got CL3 in the meanwhile, but found till kow no time to install, but i will soon ... :roll

So whats in the folder:
6x Diezel + 6x Marshall. Per Cab ONE (!) RAW shoot, but six IRs. So this is why:

Diezel:
public.php

Marshall:
public.php

WEIRD plots ... weird IRs (some of them) .... haha

_I = Virtual Idealized FLAT Amp (GREEN)
_T = Tube Amp (MesaBoogie 2:90) (RED)
_M1 = "negativ" T (OCHER bright)
_M2 = more "negativ" T (OCHER dark)
_S1 = more T (BLUEbright)
_S2 = even more T (BLUEdark)

so, "I" and "T" is ... we all know now ... M1, M2, S1, S2 are - i call it - "Virtual Amp prints" :mrgreen. No EQ, no GEQ, no PEQ, no dynamic processing or such "tricks" ... only flavours worked through the raw MIC + AMP DI recordings from the shooting...

Personally i like the "I" ones vastly mostly the best. They are the balanced ones, IMHO. But people oftenly like the T-variants, like the more Tube-flavour. So i thought how to get some more different "Amp color influences" and re-create the "virtual M1, M2, S1 & S2 flavours" out of the basis from the original MesaBoogie AMP DI "answer".

Anyhow: Personally i`m with I, sometimes T, but also like the M1 under certain circumstances... (based on the MIC, the Amp, the Mix, etc...). The S1, S2 are TOOO MUCH. FAR TOO MUCH! M2 is FAAAR TO LESS, IMHO!

BUT: Some guys at the german forum really like sometimes S1 or M1 ...

So i ask you guys: Do you think, M1 and S1 flavours could make sense? Or should i stay just on "I" and "T"-variants? Actually i think to add the M1 and S1 versions to all mics ... but i`m unsure ... the pack gets bigger, perhaps more versatile, but probobly loose some focus on the "good" ones ...

Anyhow: Try out for yourself and let me know what you think! :)

Last edited:
all these graphs are just pretty colors to me, but I will try these beta and let you know my 2cent worth!

Is there an English link to the paypal donate? sorry cant hardly read English let alone German! I do not know how ya'll do multiple languages!

The MR 1960 AX G12m 25 E906-f-d t WOW!!!!OMG!!!! the s1-s2 really bassy the m1-m2 not bassy may mix well though, will try that when there is time. I is good but not my favorite but you probably already new that from the other IR'S. same results with DZ but not my cup of tea!

The MR 1960 AX G12m 25 E906-f-d t WOW!!!!OMG!!!! the s1-s2 really bassy the m1-m2 not bassy may mix well though, will try that when there is time. I is good but not my favorite but you probably already new that from the other IR'S. same results with DZ but not my cup of tea!

Yeah, you are really a "T" guy, i am definteley a "I" guy :) So i thik, it make sense to put at least those two versions into the final release. Until now i have really not played with all the results, just today some time with the BETA pack, to figure out the other flaves. The Diezel is also not my kind of stuff, but the djent djent and metal guys in the german forum loves them. I dig the Marshall at the axe-fest. Great classic rock, blues and vintage thingy with the G12M25 Greenbacks. So i fall in love with just this E906-F-I with my strat and Plexis/JCM800/Bassguy (!) AC30 (!). Can`t wait to check the rest. we captured from the marshall all 4 Speakers with all 6 Mics also some back cabinets and some with the deeflex system ...

Refering to the donwation link ... don`t know, thought laguage-link did paypal autoamtically - have to take a look into ... but, hmm ... i worked until know the last 8 days all the time from morning to midnight on those Axe-Fest 2015 files ...plus the preperations before the Fest ... so, ... i think it should be fair to take some euros or dollars, if the end result will justify ... we`ll see ... i really want this pack as a reaaaalllyyyyyy good one!

just the 1960 t is worth paying for!!! I will donate when I can read paypal site(there may be a way for me to change it but not good with computers) any ways here is a small clip of my now evil plexi with the t IR. now go get some rest!!!!

just the 1960 t is worth paying for!!! I will donate when I can read paypal site(there may be a way for me to change it but not good with computers) any ways here is a small clip of my now evil plexi with the t IR. now go get some rest!!!!

Shit! This sounds damn good to me! this is exactly i want to have from this cabinet! raw, classic ....we ca ll it ... rockness ;) when i first heard this cabinet at our Axe-Fest in reality i was blown away. Tight bottom end, but the MIDs are, what i really like of this 1960AX. In you clip is a big of this flavor i remember from the real audition in the room with this cab! Cool! :)

Alot of interesting info. A bit too late for my brain to wrap around it at the moment, but thanks for posting it. Haha. I wish I'd been in Germany for the event! I plan to be there at some point in June this year. (So close....)

Cheers,

Lee

I like the clips, the Marshall is KILLER. can't wait to try it. The Dzl isn't my cup of tea, but the clip still sounds cool.

multiple thumbs up :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement: I think I'm an "I' guy, but will report back when I can test them out.

oh yeah, the donate link. I didn't understand anything on the page.

Pay-Pal-Donation: I think Morphosis has to create an english-donation-site at PayPal. I didn't find anything about automatically-translation for this site. But I am not really sure.

The Donation-Link in the upper post isn't valid anymore. There is a session-key in it and that expired. You will redirected to a German PayPal-Site.

Use the donation-link on the German Axe-Fest Site: GERMAN AXE-FEST - DAXWEILER 2014 - Cab-Pack

On this site you will find a PayPal-"Spenden"-Button. This will redirect you to the official German-PayPal-Donation-Site. Maybe this is easier for you to understand. There are not many informations on this site! ;-)

Pay-Pal-Donation: I think Morphosis has to create an english-donation-site at PayPal. I didn't find anything about automatically-translation for this site. But I am not really sure.

The Donation-Link in the upper post isn't valid anymore. There is a session-key in it and that expired. You will redirected to a German PayPal-Site.

Use the donation-link on the German Axe-Fest Site: GERMAN AXE-FEST - DAXWEILER 2014 - Cab-Pack

On this site you will find a PayPal-"Spenden"-Button. This will redirect you to the official German-PayPal-Donation-Site. Maybe this is easier for you to understand. There are not many informations on this site! ;-)
Ok almost can understand that site but please excuse my ignorance but how does the ero change to us $, I do want to donate but to not want to empty my bank account by mistake!!! not that all of the hard work is not worth it but I have bills to pay also!!

Ok almost can understand that site but please excuse my ignorance but how does the ero change to us $, I do want to donate but to not want to empty my bank account by mistake!!! not that all of the hard work is not worth it but I have bills to pay also!!

Yeah, you are right ... i overlooked that, thought, Paypal do this automatically (currency & language) by geotagging ... so, this is a US$ based Donate link for the Axe-Fest Germany Cab-Pack 2014 ... thank you for your attention! ;)

OK Geeky lovers,

last try for the "Virtual Amp print"-Versions, i swear! But this time, it looks better, so it could perhaps make sense:

Two new S- & M-Variants:

Mw
Mx
Sw
Sx

... also in the folder, the old ones without the badest ones and the "original" I- & T-variants :
I
T
M1
S1

This time only the Marshall.... What do you think? Please check ém shortly out and help me to get a feel, what you guys like! What i personally like - i know ... ;)

DOWNLOAD
(Please some feedback! This is a test!)

so, ... after some feedback on those .... i will finish the pack, i swear... :roll

Remember: This is just ONE MIC/Speaker/Position! (from total mhhh .... 51 close & back single-mic positions&mic combinations plus 10 Ambient ones... )

So.... judge not the whole pack based on this ONE sample, but judge beetween the variants! :)

My favorites from the V2 archive are

MR-1960AX-G12M25_E906-F-D_I - because it sounds clear to my ears
and
MR-1960AX-G12M25_E906-F-D_Sw - because of nice low end, also it seems like middle frequency definition is slightly better then other "non ideal ones"

Thank you!

I just tried these out, both folders and the "I" is by far the best one for both cabs. I've tried it on several amps without needing to adjust.
The others from S1 down are very bass heavy, to the point where they're almost not useable for me, UNLESS I go in the cab block and set the low cut to about 122hz, then I think the 1960AX "sx" would be the one I'd use, the others I'd have to cut to much and it takes away what I like.

Thanks for the hard work, and hope it helps.

Yeah, you are right ... i overlooked that, thought, Paypal do this automatically (currency & language) by geotagging ... so, this is a US$ based Donate link for the Axe-Fest Germany Cab-Pack 2014 ... thank you for your attention! ;)

sorry Morphosis I reckon I am not smart enough to paypal in german even when I see It is dollars but I get some error in red and can not read it. guess I got to go to school and learn some german!

Back
Top Bottom