Fw18... news?

Ha.. You know when the snowball is rolling, and Cliff said it won't be a release until friday. What to do?? :)

This isn't a complaint, but I find it weird (and a little funny) that the thread on FW18 news turned into a "how old is everyone" thread. The internet is a strange place! =)

I'm 36.

When the only real answer is "soon", and no one else here actually knows anything, there isn't much else to discuss lol

God, I hope I'm not the oldest unless I really do win a Cab pack!
Sorry you miss out. Currently 66 years and 8 months old but I'm not sure lqdsnddist can speak for the vendors. I'm happy to find myself not being the oldest but see if we can get someone older.

Yes passing the time until the release requires some light hearted comments!

Generally speaking, the higher the cost of the hardware/hobby, the older the average forum member.

I'm sure on something like a L6 forum, the average age is going to be lower than on a forum for rigs that cost upwards of $3000.

One of the only good thing about getting older is that it usually comes with a better day job and better means to pay for cool toys LOL. Of course the ironic part of it then becomes that you spend so much time at said job, doing family stuff etc that you don't have much time to play with those toys, whereas, when in your 20's, you may have had tons of freedom/free time as a single guy, but all your money goes to rent, beer et al., and there really isn't much left over to drop a few grand on a hobby.

Plenty of exceptions I'm sure.
There is a lot of irony in being a musician. I recall watching an interview with Dave Grohl where he said something along the lines of:
"When you start to make music, you don't have any money to buy the good stuff ... and then, as soon as you do make money, you get everything for free. It's fucked up."

But to add to the "only old guys here" discussion:
I'm 27 with disposable income now. But back when I bought the Axe, I was 23 and still a student with no income at all. I jobbed part-time to buy my Axe. Took me months until I could afford it... you can imagine what an awesome feel that was. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't want to waste money on intermediate-solutions. So either take the cheapest or the highend.

Last edited:
not strange at all talk about age here!
The Axe is a time machine! Is a cross-age gear!
And I love to see here how ppl - teens and old fart who are in the Axe family - are open-minded and share old and new experiences in the tone sculpting, gear setup, and all about amps, cabs, fxs, guitars.
The Axe is the pivot of a very good interaction between pplz! I really love this!

I turn 42 tomorrow also, happy birthday to us. no sad face here though it will just be another crappy day of going to work wile my 17 year old is on spring break and can sit home and play guitar all week! and I also loose some axe time to the time change when it is lite longer have to work later!

And happy birthday to you. Too late but still :)

My birthday gift (to myself)

Honduras Mahogany (body neck) and Brazilian Rosewood fb.. I LOVE IT!! Sorry, but i had to show someone ;)

Attachments

• 10888734_830889400312376_7222916529916638578_n.jpg
    10888734_830889400312376_7222916529916638578_n.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Pinehome TLes.jpg
    Pinehome TLes.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Pinehome TLes neck.jpg
    Pinehome TLes neck.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 52
now that's a nice birthday gift right there. I got cards and cake and stuff not to mention getting the flu.(just a little envious here) like the inlay. Do you have any trouble with the volume placement. I rest the ends of my fingers on the body while picking and always turn the volume down on guitars that it is close to the pickup and that one looks really close. my be that close I maybe I would turn it up instead of down?!

Back
Top Bottom