Self Rebooting AXE FX II

mairinsea

Hey all.
I have a question regarding my Axe Fx II rebooting itself.
This occurs when I'm using the Axe edit. I'm running a patch that's using 83% CPU, when I attempt to add another block - it locks up and reboots itself.
I get a communication error.

Something occurred last night with this particular patch as well. The fullness of the sound degraded on it, after I rebooted it was fine.
I don't think I'm pushing this too hard. The patch I'm working with is Fremen's "Violin Ensemble", I'm trying to add an amp to it.

I haven't attempted any other patches yet as I'm stuck on this one.

I did just purchase this from eBay. It had FW 10, I updated both the Axe and MFC firmware to current versions.
All items are in mint looking condition, like it was purchased and just left to sit racked and cased, it even has a "new smell" to it and plastics are still on it.
I did some research on the seller prior to purchasing, she seems like a pretty cool person and is active in the eBay community, so I don't think she even knew that there may have been an issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks and cheers!

Last edited:
I suppose it may be too much CPU use too. I just tried something else to see what would happen.
13ztlsl.png

Axe Edit has not been updated yet to the latest Fw18.07 . Did you reset the Fx blocks in the AxeEdit?

I've experienced this twice now, without using Axe-Edit.

Not sure if it's limited to the compressor block but editing that is what caused it for me.
Specifically... adding a second compressor block, changing the type to 'dynamics' then attempting to either change the type again or disable the block.

Might be worth noting that the preset was one of the more CPU intensive of mine but nothing crazy. And only experienced this with 18b.

Axe Edit has not been updated yet to the latest Fw18.07 . Did you reset the Fx blocks in the AxeEdit?

I'd try to reset the blocks but would get a communication error.
Also, should this be occurring when doing a patch initialization?

I think I'm finding work arounds, but I'm not sure if this is an Axe-fx issue or an Axe-edit issue.

I've experienced this twice now, without using Axe-Edit.

Not sure if it's limited to the compressor block but editing that is what caused it for me.
Specifically... adding a second compressor block, changing the type to 'dynamics' then attempting to either change the type again or disable the block.

Might be worth noting that the preset was one of the more CPU intensive of mine but nothing crazy. And only experienced this with 18b.

I was adding an amp. I rerouted the way it should go in the chain and then the issue stopped. But then, other issues started to occur; I attempted to initialize and got an error as well.

Back
Top Bottom