RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please send me the preset and the configuration of your rac12 ;)

Will do later today after work.

First rehearse yesterday with RAC12. That was cool. The Axe-Fx is a totally different animal when you have direct access to your settings. After the update to FW18b my presets were still not balanced even though I had tweaked them at home. Not much of a problem anymore, it's almost like when you have an amp standing next to you.

Would it be possible to add Scene Controllers as a parameter? I have a few presets where I attach a Scene Controller to input drive and having the ability to tweak on the RAC12 would be awesome!!!

Would it be possible to add Scene Controllers as a parameter? I have a few presets where I attach a Scene Controller to input drive and having the ability to tweak on the RAC12 would be awesome!!!
That would lead to handling modifiers from the RAC12 and it would be very complex...

iMac running 10.9.5 here. Just plug the RAC12 into a USB port using the provided cable. The RAC12 can draw power over USB, so no need for the power adapter, but it doesn't matter if it's still plugged in. Connect before you open the software, otherwise it might not show up. If the software is already open when you plug in, restarting it should help it connect. That's been my experience anyway. Good luck!

Thanks for the info npx! Tried all that. My RAC must have a defective USB port I'm thinking. Will test on a windows PC this weekend to confirm. Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to update the device without an internet connection? I could load something onto the macbook and then go to the rehearsal room and update it offline.

Do I need two or one midi cable to connect the Axe with the Rac12 correctly?

I'm experiencing some dropouts, jus as if Axe-Edit was connected. Changing scene causes it for instance.

Yes you can update offline, just put the latest RAC12Edit on your computer.
One midi cable is enough if its 5 pins are wired (see manual).
The dropout only occurs if you have the amp type in current page. If really needed you can use the offline mode for no dropout.
But default configuration does not produce any dropouts.

No more rac12 pictures rigs'?
If new users could send some, that would be great!
Thks

How's this matey? Prototypes of my latest magnetic /glow tinkering for your very cool controller nearly complete.... :)

IMG_5028_zpsipkhsebn.jpg

IMG_5030_zpszgpf7yfp.jpg

Last edited:
No more rac12 pictures rigs'?
If new users could send some, that would be great!
Thks

Here's a couple:

_MG_2672 copy.jpg
_MG_2671 copy.jpg

I have noticed a couple of things though. While changing the knobs I saw that the lower two pot shafts on the right have no nut on the threads? Then as far as operation goes it has been really good other than a few times now I am jamming, not touching anything other than the volume pedal and will notice the overdrive value changing and turning red on the Rac 12. The other weird thing was when I turned everything on this morning, the metronome was turned on globally all of a sudden..don't know if this has anything to do with the Rac, but has never happened before. Like I said though, works as advertised other than these few issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom