ToneClone - John Petrucci #1 (fw17.00 + Cab Pack 7)

I was working on it too (The Reaction one, love that tune).
But you have done such an incredible job copying these Mesa tones that I'll probably wait for your patches.

Superb playing too (I've seen some of your youtube videos):shock!

That's EXACTALY the song I'm doing the preset! =) that "live" version he recorded before he released the album, playing that Ibanez Premium through a Mesa Mark V!
I'm in the middle of the process, so yes, wait for it, you will get it soon!
And thanks for the kind words =)

UPDATE

Marco Sfogli's The Reaction tone is done! =)
Teaser today yet?!

Fine tuning On The Backs Of Angels and About To Crash.. any other requests?

How about Sfogli The Forest lead tone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Yf-r-VG7E
After that long intro when he starts to play, it´s just so tasty tone!

EDIT: I think it has perfect liquidity and smoothness and still got great harmonics. Kick ass tone!

This is similar to The Reaction's tone.. just little bit smoother.. maybe just try another IR and it will sound perfect =)
And actually I'd say I know a perfect combination for that smooth tone ;)

This is similar to The Reaction's tone.. just little bit smoother.. maybe just try another IR and it will sound perfect =)
And actually I'd say I know a perfect combination for that smooth tone ;)

I did some testing today but got only bad results. I just don´t have ears for tone matching :(
Pack7 is so good that you can´t even skip any tones, so it takes time :) It´s good pack if you need great tone fast, you will get it with any IR there is. But when you start to browse them, you will be lost in your dreams and wake up with wet pants :)
And my goal is to get these tones good enough to play with PRS/ PRS SE guitars now. So the pups are a bit challenge here...
EDIT: Pups are good, but different

Last edited:
I did some testing today but got only bad results. I just don´t have ears for tone matching :(
Pack7 is so good that you can´t even skip any tones, so it takes time :) It´s good pack if you need great tone fast, you will get it with any IR there is. But when you start to browse them, you will be lost in your dreams and wake up with wet pants :)
And my goal is to get these tones good enough to play with PRS/ PRS SE guitars now. So the pups are a bit challenge here...
EDIT: Pups are good, but different

I know what you feel..
I just explained to mr. Clark Kent my process to reach these tones.. an all I can say is that it takes DAYS and it burns the brain.. seriously..
Actually I just opened Pro Tools and saw that there's 1 HOUR AND 12 MINUTES of THE SAME RIFF recorded.. that's all the combinations and tests I did to reach the Beyond This Life tone.. but I can't think there's a way to be any closer then that! =)

That's EXACTALY the song I'm doing the preset! =) that "live" version he recorded before he released the album, playing that Ibanez Premium through a Mesa Mark V!

Before I even started to read the second sentence above, I thought, "He should base the preset on the tone from the Ibanez Premium/Mesa Mark V version of the song, and not the one from the album." I'm glad you were able to read my mind even before I thought it.:lol Not only the tone, I prefer that version of the song to the album's as well (probably because I watched that clip about a million times before the album came out).

Kind of the wrong thing to be posting on here, being that the album version was done with the Axe-FX II. :mrgreen

Anyway, I listened back & forth between your "Beyond This Life" clip and the album version on YT and, on my computer speakers at least, the tones were indistinguishable. Completely spot-on, great job. :encouragement:

Last edited:
Before I even started to read the second sentence above, I thought, "He should base the preset on the tone from the Ibanez Premium/Mesa Mark V version of the song, and not the one from the album." I'm glad you were able to read my mind even before I thought it.:lol

Well, who said that only mr. Clark has some special superpowers?! hahaha

Not only the tone, I prefer that version of the song to the album's as well (probably because I watched that clip about a million times before the album came out).

Half of that plays are mine! hahaha

Anyway, I listened back & forth between your "Beyond This Life" clip and the album version on YT and, on my computer speakers at least, the tones were indistinguishable. Completely spot-on, great job. :encouragement:

Thank you sir! =)

I'd love to hear some Marco tones from ‎Elements of Persuasion

Agreed. I'd love to hear someone's take on his rhythm tone. My favorite rhythm tone of all time.

BTW... I'm loving this thread. Tones sound phenomenal as does the playing. These are all the songs I play to and have presets for as well so I'm looking forward to checking them out.

I have a suggestion... Can anyone attempt to nail JP's solo tone on Suspended Animation? I've had horrible luck attempting to emulate it with the Axe. I believe John used the Roadking (recto) on that album and used the orange channel in vintage mode. Nothing in the Axe seems to nail it. I can't seem to get enough gain without upping the input trim which I hate touching.

Agreed. I'd love to hear someone's take on his rhythm tone. My favorite rhythm tone of all time.

BTW... I'm loving this thread. Tones sound phenomenal as does the playing. These are all the songs I play to and have presets for as well so I'm looking forward to checking them out.

I have a suggestion... Can anyone attempt to nail JP's solo tone on Suspended Animation? I've had horrible luck attempting to emulate it with the Axe. I believe John used the Roadking (recto) on that album and used the orange channel in vintage mode. Nothing in the Axe seems to nail it. I can't seem to get enough gain without upping the input trim which I hate touching.

Leave it to me ;)
I'm working on it too hahaha
Seriously, if you talk JP, you talk with me! HAHAHA Best slogan EVER!

Back
Top Bottom