Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

It is so dang quick and easy to backup presets and firmware now with Fractalbot!
Fractalbot ALWAYS times out during backup for me. Almost always on Bank C. Only way to get a full backup is to manually backup each item in the checklist. Sometimes I will have to retry a bank more than once. I appreciate its existence but wish it weren't so flaky.

Fractalbot ALWAYS times out during backup for me. Almost always on Bank C. Only way to get a full backup is to manually backup each item in the checklist. Sometimes I will have to retry a bank more than once. I appreciate its existence but wish it weren't so flaky.

make sure you have any midi devices that are plugged into the in or out of your Axe, disconnected, or powered off, including an MFC if you own one.

Have nothing except the USB connected to the axe. I only get Bot crashes, if I forget this simple procedure.

make sure you have any midi devices that are plugged into the in or out of your Axe, disconnected, or powered off, including an MFC if you own one.

Have nothing except the USB connected to the axe. I only get Bot crashes, if I forget this simple procedure.

I must have been lucky, I didn't unplug my MFC. Seems like everything went right. Display shows 15 Beta. Should I do the upgrade a second time with the foot controller unplugged?

I must have been lucky, I didn't unplug my MFC. Seems like everything went right. Display shows 15 Beta. Should I do the upgrade a second time with the foot controller unplugged?

I don't think it would help or hurt. If you got a successful completion message, you should be fine.

I'm simply restating something for new people that may be reading. It has been mentioned a hundred times in various threads, and there might even be a pop up warning on the computer before you upgrade firmware, or in the release notes - physically unplug, OR power down other devices that are connected to the MIDI IN AND MIDI OUT, or the MFC port, before you upgrade firmware.

I also do this when backing up my presets, system, and user cabs.

The devices in my rack that are in the midi line before and after my Axe, have front panel rocker power switches, so it's really easier to turn those off to work with dumping or upgrading the Axe, so I don't get time-out errors from the BOT.

FW 15 and I are a love story. I look forward to playing with it as soon as I get home and we breathlessly await our time together. It fulfills me in ways that I could not have imagined. If Axe development stops here I will be completely happy.

Ooh , that's kinda messed up!

"
. It is recommended that any existing presets have the amp block reset to ensure that the appropriate parameter values are loaded. This is achieved by deselecting the amp type and then reselecting it, i.e. if the amp type is Deluxe Verb the amp block would be reset by selecting a different model, e.g. Dirty Shirley, and then reselecting Deluxe Verb. This will reset various internal parameters and certain user parameters. Note that Master Volume, Presence and Depth, among others, are set to default values when selecting an amp model. See below for more information about Presence default values. It may be helpful to note the value of these parameters prior to resetting the block."

Im a bit confused about the amp reset . If I load a preset ( v14 or earlier) from axechange and reset it as described above it sounds like it rests the amp completly back to all default settings . How could I possibly know what settings the originator of the preset changed when it was created ,This means I have no way to get back the original sound ? For that matter I have some presets that I couldnt possibly remember what I had changed . So this pretty much means starting from scratch ,or did I misunderstand something

as said numerous times in this thread, the knob values of 14 don't necessarily correspond to the same positions in 15. so if you had Master Volume at 6 in 14, if you put it to 6 in 15, it may not sound the same because it is a different firmware. (that's just an example, the numbers and relationship are not correct.)

so even if you matched all the previous values of advanced and basic parameters, it will probably sound different.

the best thing to do is to reset the amp as you mentioned, then use your ears (not your eyes and the numeric values) to change parameters until it sounds like what you want.

if you are in the middle of a session or don't have time to change your tone and redo it, it is highly suggested that you do not update the firmware.

I'm still sitting tight on 14.02 until either there is a beta2 or release of 15.

Cliff mentioned another epiphany last week post 15b1 so whatever he has up his sleeve I'm sure will be great and worth the wait.

as said numerous times in this thread, the knob values of 14 don't necessarily correspond to the same positions in 15. so if you had Master Volume at 6 in 14, if you put it to 6 in 15, it may not sound the same because it is a different firmware. (that's just an example, the numbers and relationship are not correct.)

so even if you matched all the previous values of advanced and basic parameters, it will probably sound different.

the best thing to do is to reset the amp as you mentioned, then use your ears (not your eyes and the numeric values) to change parameters until it sounds like what you want.

if you are in the middle of a session or don't have time to change your tone and redo it, it is highly suggested that you do not update the firmware.

Appreciate the reply ,however my point is this . Any presets created or downloaded from axechange are non tranferable to v15 and such are no good and need to be redone . I appreciate greatly all the advances with the new firmware .I just wish there was a way to keep all the older presets

This FW release for me has been spent almost exclusively creating new presets, with just an amp and cab. Often not even delay or reverb. I'm not sure if it's the firmware or just me getting more used to the axefx, but stuff sounds really nice very quickly for me.

This FW release for me has been spent almost exclusively creating new presets, with just an amp and cab. Often not even delay or reverb. I'm not sure if it's the firmware or just me getting more used to the axefx, but stuff sounds really nice very quickly for me.

That's probably a good way to go. Start without the war paint, and see how things sound. Too many presets/players are so over-processed it's tough to know what's good/bad/indifferent. Fractal's factory presets aren't as guilty as many processor suppliers are of excess, but still. Get rid of the spices and start with some meat and potatoes. They're often good all by themselves.

FW 15 and I are a love story. I look forward to playing with it as soon as I get home and we breathlessly await our time together. It fulfills me in ways that I could not have imagined. If Axe development stops here I will be completely happy.

Man, I just rented the movie "Her", and I thought that was kind of out there... :)

Peace!

Thanks for trying to help but I'm doing all that already. Just USB and the outputs are connected but it still hangs without fail if I try to do a full system backup in one go. I have switched computers in the time I've owned the Axe, also, so it is not specific to the machine I am using.

Back
Top Bottom