Fun with the Vocoder. Patch included.

i reckon you could use the "tube pre" amp type, or even the "fet boost" drive type. you only need to boost the level

Thanks for the reply. This is an elegant set up! Just to be clear...you use the Axe for vocal FX all the time and one, mono or two, stereo cables handle both guitar and vocals? Your levels reletive to each other are preset per patch? What if you want to change that...is it global or per preset?

Thanks for your time

Thanks for the reply. This is an elegant set up! Just to be clear...you use the Axe for vocal FX all the time and one, mono or two, stereo cables handle both guitar and vocals? Your levels reletive to each other are preset per patch? What if you want to change that...is it global or per preset?

Thanks for your time

Yeah this works like you've described. Sometimes I play mono and sometimes I play stereo. The vocals are mixed with the guitar signal in the axe but if you were committed to playing mono guitar for all your gigs you could send the vocals to the left output and the guitar to the right so that the FOH could mix them separately.

The vocals are always the same level. The Fx Loop Block is always in default but you could change it per preset of course if you wanted to. I control the vocal level on the actual Mic pre which always stays the same. I make all my own patches from scratch so they are usually made to the same output level.

It's great to use an expression pedal to bring in a massive multi delay on the vocals. Also when the Axe Fx 2 came out they added more options for tuner muting. So now I can talk to the audience while tuning up where as before it muted all output on Ultra and Standard, Thanks Fractal!

Another thing that this sorta setup helps me to do is to send Synth Block drones, via the Fx Loop Block through the talkbox and back through the Axe FX for some delays etc.
Sounds like this....

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
WOW! You have inspired me...I gotta try this. Did you choose the MXR over other talk boxes or is that just one you had axcess to? I haven't used any of them, that's why I ask. I'll have a couple weeks down time after this weeks shows and if it's not any trouble may I PM you if I have questions?

thanks again

I used to have the Rocktron Banshee but now I have the MXR as it is much more robust and sturdy. Feel free to PM me if need be.

Yeah this works like you've described. Sometimes I play mono and sometimes I play stereo. The vocals are mixed with the guitar signal in the axe but if you were committed to playing mono guitar for all your gigs you could send the vocals to the left output and the guitar to the right so that the FOH could mix them separately.

The vocals are always the same level. The Fx Loop Block is always in default but you could change it per preset of course if you wanted to. I control the vocal level on the actual Mic pre which always stays the same. I make all my own patches from scratch so they are usually made to the same output level.

It's great to use an expression pedal to bring in a massive multi delay on the vocals. Also when the Axe Fx 2 came out they added more options for tuner muting. So now I can talk to the audience while tuning up where as before it muted all output on Ultra and Standard, Thanks Fractal!

Another thing that this sorta setup helps me to do is to send Synth Block drones, via the Fx Loop Block through the talkbox and back through the Axe FX for some delays etc.
Sounds like this....

I hope this helps.

Curious. Your first post is vulgar and this pierce is beautiful. Why?

Need some troubleshooting:

I have both my input 1 and 2 leds blinking. 1 Guitar (Front input) and 2 Mic (FX return) but there is no sound... :-(

Both Out 1 and 2 are connected and have sound on any other patches. Out modes are Copy L->R and Output2 Echo is Output1
Input 1 and 2 are both left only.
All scenes are silent.

What did I miss?

cheers,
Cris

Did you connect the mic to In2 Left or Right? try the other one.

uberyryz.jpg
e5a8u5ar.jpg

It's in Input2 Left. (see pictures)

When in Input2 Right, there's no signal at all. No blinking leds.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

I don't think you want the Copy L->R and Output2 thingy. Just set it to normal stereo outs. Let me know how that goes. I'm nowhere near my gear right now to check it out.

I don't think you want the Copy L->R and Output2 thingy. Just set it to normal stereo outs. Let me know how that goes. I'm nowhere near my gear right now to check it out.

Thanks for the tip, bit I'm running mono out. I'mll try some more things tomorrow.
Tips are welcome...

Thanks for the tip, bit I'm running mono out. I'mll try some more things tomorrow.
Tips are welcome...

So you don't have any sound in scene 1 through OUT1? That's weird.

Because scene 1 is in fact a straight forward Amp+Cab routing.
The Mixer settings only affect rows 1 and 3, which are not important in scene 1.

The output mode settings are not important here.

Did you by any chance modify the preset un any way?

So you don't have any sound in scene 1 through OUT1? That's weird.

Because scene 1 is in fact a straight forward Amp+Cab routing.
The Mixer settings only affect rows 1 and 3, which are not important in scene 1.

The output mode settings are not important here.

Did you by any chance modify the preset un any way?

Thank you for thinking with me.

I don't remember changing the preset before testing, but I'll keep trying!
Sadly the rehearsal for this evening has been cancelled. Next time I'll reload the preset. Maybe sunday, or else monday.

Out 1 is working :encouragement:, but since my monitor is on Out2, I had no sound while testing at first.
Headphones work, and FOH gets sound, but My Out2 stays silent.

Is that because of the FXLoop block?

Back
Top Bottom