AxeFXSend : A tiny tool for auditioning IRs or presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
AxeFXSend : A tiny Windows tool for auditioning IRs or presets or BANKS

Hi all,
I've made this little tool in order to make auditioning of IRs process easier :)
It's a beta version. That means :
- Bugs are expected (in fact i will be surprised if no bugs are found)
- It has no setup. First launch the exe, the .syx files will be associated with AxeFXSend (Windows only).
- It only supports AxeFX II, not XL for now.
- It sends .syx presets to the edit buffer, thus no preset overwrite risk.
- .syx IRs are sent to the scratchpad, the scratchpad is also automatically selected in your cab block (only CAB 1) !

How to use it :
- Double-clicking on a .syx file will send it to the AxeFX (only presets or IRs or banks). In case of a bank file, you'll be presented a preset selector, there you'll be able to audition each preset of the bank.
- Drag & drop a folder on AxeFXSend's window : Then you'll be able to audition each .syx file in the folder with prev/next buttons (or arrow keys) and keep the files you like with the Mark button (or space key). When exiting AxeFXSend if some files have been marked you'll be able to copy them to a folder or just copy the list of marked files.
- Drag & drop a zip file (rar file soon) : the same as with folders !

Windows :
0.4beta : You can now audition BANK files, i mean each preset individually !
0.5beta : You can now drag & drop a folder. AxeFXSend will the send the first file of the folder. Then you can use Next/Prev buttons or Left/Right arrow keys to navigate between files of the folder and its subfolders !
0.6beta : Automatic send of presets/irs. Available only when drag&droping a folder on AxeFXSend's window. Then you can choose to send another preset/ir every 5/10/15... second.
0.6.1beta : Allows you to select the IRs/presets you like when browsing a folder. Just click the Select button or hit space key to put the current auditioned IR/Preset in the list, then on app exit you'll be asked what to do.
You'll be able to copy the list (text data), or to copy the files directly to the folder of your choice.
0.6.2beta : Bugs fixed and usability enhancements.
0.6.4beta : Bugs with .ir and XL files fixed. More comprehensive error reporting.
0.7beta : ZIP files can now be droped on the window and navigation/selection of files in the archive is done just like it would in a folder.
0.7.1 : bugfixes : Allows drag & drop of a file a 2nd time, shows the close button every time.
0.7.2 : bugfix : display 128 presets in a bank, not 127 like in previous versions
0.8 : ability to browse RAR archives directly
0.8.1: When exporting prefered presets/IRs, the last folder used is remembered and you can create new folders in the folder selection dialog.

Here it is ;)
Windows : http://axefx.fr/AxeFXArchive/Tools/old/AxeFXSend.exe

FAQ :
- Does it support UltraRes .syx ? Yes, those syx files are regular IR files.

Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Be sure to check out the AxeFXBankCreator tool ;)
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...reator-transform-preset-folder-into-bank.html

----

APRIL 16: version voor Mac released! See post 157.

Last edited:
I'm also a Mac guy.
I use the Lemur axe-fx editor on iPad to audition cabs.

Load up to 100 at a time into the axe-fx with axe-edit Bring up this window in Lemur on iPad. Tap on cabs until you hear one you like and then tap "OK". These are Factory cabs, but you get the idea.
13551116383_a4304ba0d2_c.jpg

Last edited:
Awww, no Mac. Never mind, I'll just have to waste an extra 2 minutes of my day by sending cabs to Axe Manage Cabs.

That wasn't a jibe btw :)

Hmmm, actually, upon researching the Hackintosh build, there are many hardware restrictions. The likelihood of you having all compatible hardware is remote.

Perhaps a Mac programmer could port this over?

Hmmm, actually, upon researching the Hackintosh build, there are many hardware restrictions. The likelihood of you having all compatible hardware is remote.

Perhaps a Mac programmer could port this over?
Yes the code is very simple.
But it's a good challenge for me, as my company will have to produce multi-os software next year ;)

Yes the code is very simple.
But it's a good challenge for me, as my company will have to produce multi-os software next year ;)

Do yourself a favour and buy a i7 or multi core Mac with 16+GB of ram. That way you can run any windows platform at the same time using Parallels VM. Rad studio from Embarcadero has C++ and compile to OSX. Even does IOS and Android!

Check it out. I only have Mac computers but have XP, Vista, Win 7 and 8.1 all running perfectly with cutting and pasting between OS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom