Axe-Fx II doesn't work good with MFC-101

What Firmware do you have installed on your Axe-Fx II ?
What kind of computer and OS are you using to run FractalBot?
What Version of FractalBot & Axe-Edit are you using?
What MIDI Interface are you using with your computer or are you using the Axe-Fx II as your MIDI Interface?

Backup your Axe-Fx II & MFC-101 w/ FractalBot then Reset your Axe-Fx II & MFC-101

To reset the MFC-101:
Power Off Axe-Fx II
Disconnect all cables
NOTE: When Resetting or Updating Firmware, Only use the Power Adapter to power the MFC-101 DO NOT use the Network cable to power it
Hold down IA 11 while powering on and then hit IA 14
I repeat the above steps twice just to make sure everything is good

Here's my post about how I reset my Axe-Fx II:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...level-causes-axe-fx-ii-freeze.html#post992159

I know it's a factory preset, but switch to Preset 009. What is the CPU usage on that one? Press the Utility button on the front panel and page right till you see the CPU meter.

I know it's a factory preset, but switch to Preset 009. What is the CPU usage on that one? Press the Utility button on the front panel and page right till you see the CPU meter.

Hi Chris. thanks again for your attention. The problem isn-t only with preset 009 and switch number 4. The video show that, but the malfunction don't correspond to a concrete preset or switch.

The CPU level is on aprox. 76%

What Firmware do you have installed on your Axe-Fx II ?
What kind of computer and OS are you using to run FractalBot?
What Version of FractalBot & Axe-Edit are you using?
What MIDI Interface are you using with your computer or are you using the Axe-Fx II as your MIDI Interface?

Backup your Axe-Fx II & MFC-101 w/ FractalBot then Reset your Axe-Fx II & MFC-101

To reset the MFC-101:
Power Off Axe-Fx II
Disconnect all cables
NOTE: When Resetting or Updating Firmware, Only use the Power Adapter to power the MFC-101 DO NOT use the Network cable to power it
Hold down IA 11 while powering on and then hit IA 14
I repeat the above steps twice just to make sure everything is good

Here's my post about how I reset my Axe-Fx II:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...level-causes-axe-fx-ii-freeze.html#post992159

GotMetalBoy, thanks for your answer.

I work with 13.02 Axe FX II version, Windows XP, Axe Edit 3.00.05, Fractal Bot 1.2.7, and I use My Axe FX II as MIDI Interface.

If you changed the offset on the Axe-Fx, you should change both offset values on the MFC too: Axe-Fx offset and MFC Display offset.
Also, change Bank Style to None to speed up scrolling up/down and prevent hiccups.

If you changed the offset on the Axe-Fx, you should change both offset values on the MFC too: Axe-Fx offset and MFC Display offset.
Also, change Bank Style to None to speed up scrolling up/down and prevent hiccups.

Thanks for the attention, yek.
I changed in Axe Fx the Display Offset to 0, and in the MFC EDIT AXeFx DisplayOfst 0 and MFC101 DisplayOfst 0.
The result is the same

I have a friend facing a problem resembling. When he changes a present always hear a sound like of a tremolo for about 3 seconds and only then enter the selected preset.

Thanks to all who are helping us

Try a MIDI cable + power supply to pinpoint the issue.
Don't forget to change the port setting in edit > MIDI.

Yeahhhhh
I have discover the problem!
In the Axe Fx I/O menu, I have selected OFF in the option Ignore Redundant Pc. Now is On and all works perfect!
Why?

I should like to thank everyone for the answers.

I wonder if the fact that the offset was mismatched and that it was ignoring redundant program changes didn't just create it's own little problem. I mean if it thinks that it's on preset 009 already, but it's really on 008 than telling it to go to 009 isn't going to happen. Then you tell it over and over again and it's just ignoring you because you told it to ignore redundant PC's. Then when it does finally take it's like "but I'm already on 008" and actually changes, but it appears that it is just staying the same.

I mean I could see where there could be some confusion in the communication between the two devices. It's basically the protocol I use at work....confusion, different page, frustration, nothing getting done. :)

Reactions: yek
I wonder if the fact that the offset was mismatched and that it was ignoring redundant program changes didn't just create it's own little problem. I mean if it thinks that it's on preset 009 already, but it's really on 008 than telling it to go to 009 isn't going to happen. Then you tell it over and over again and it's just ignoring you because you told it to ignore redundant PC's. Then when it does finally take it's like "but I'm already on 008" and actually changes, but it appears that it is just staying the same.

I mean I could see where there could be some confusion in the communication between the two devices. It's basically the protocol I use at work....confusion, different page, frustration, nothing getting done. :)

LOL... thanks for the explanation, shasha

Upsssss. One thing: I change the prest in the MFC, the Axe or with the Edit and Ok, but when I bypass or not a block in Axe this change appear in the Edit and the MFC, but if I change the block with MFC doesn't appear in Edit and viceversa, but in Axe FX II I see the changes! MMmmmmm

Don't use the Controls on the Axe II or the MFC if you're connected to Axe Edit unless you have Axe Edit Set To Pause.....

Back
Top Bottom