Video Review of the Tronical Tune

After watching Cooper's video, and many others, I ordered one for my strat and one for my 614ce. Coolest thing since the Axe-Fx.

Cooper,

Great video. Are you running yours at the default accuracy mode? (+/-2.5)
Mine is tuning the G string flat, my current fix is to tune to a tuner and save as a user preset.

I may try a different accuracy setting or recheck my intonation.

I must admit it is an amazing piece, however, it has provoked a bit of OCD with regards to tuning......I'm hoping with time that I just "go with it" and trust it.

Reviews I've seen have been positive so far. My problem is that no review has addressed the question of the floating bridge. The best response thus far has been to say that adding a spring or two will "allow the Tronical to work." However, this falls short of addressing the question in a manner expected of a product review. Does the product work with a floating bridge or not? That question is not to be brushed off with the vague "adding a spring" response which at best indicates that it does not work with a floating bridge until that floating bridge is made to not float. Does a floating bridge need to be made to not float for this product to work? If that is true, then here we have quite a "drawback." Because not one review I have thus far seen or read has addressed this I am left to guess it indeed has this very drawback. I look forward to a review that specifically demonstrates this unit tuning a guitar with a floating floating bridge, not a floating bridge that has been made to not float.

Reviews I've seen have been positive so far. My problem is that no review has addressed the question of the floating bridge. The best response thus far has been to say that adding a spring or two will "allow the Tronical to work." However, this falls short of addressing the question in a manner expected of a product review. Does the product work with a floating bridge or not? That question is not to be brushed off with the vague "adding a spring" response which at best indicates that it does not work with a floating bridge until that floating bridge is made to not float. Does a floating bridge need to be made to not float for this product to work? If that is true, then here we have quite a "drawback." Because not one review I have thus far seen or read has addressed this I am left to guess it indeed has this very drawback. I look forward to a review that specifically demonstrates this unit tuning a guitar with a floating floating bridge, not a floating bridge that has been made to not float.

The Tronical system works just fine with a floating trem when you add a spring. There is nothing vague about that.

I can tell you that in general......the Tronical system "freaks out" ....just as we players do when tuning up a full floating trem.

Unless you are already at equilibrium or at least very near to it.....the Tronical will freak as it continuously tries to tune the strings.

What I did to my Strat is I installed a Tremol-No locking trem device. With the the Tremol-no the Tronical works superbly!!

You can lock the bridge and tune up with it, go back to floating....even lock the bridge and use Altered tunings! Works great!!

It is very important to get your springs tension and strings tension at equilibrium. The Tremol-No really helps a lot when changing strings as well and getting quickly back to equilibrium.

The Tronical system works just fine with a floating trem when you add a spring. There is nothing vague about that.

Thank you for the response. But I must maintain that this continues to be vague, it reflects interest in advocacy rather than thorough objective review. You say it "works just fine" when you add a spring. That was already asserted and I showed its ambiguity. Once again, it has not been affirmed that the Tronical system "works just fine" when the tremolo unit is floating. That remains at best a mystery. In fact, the import of your assertion is that the Tronical system does not work when the tremolo unit is floating: your apparent assertion is that a floating tremolo bridge requires another spring (thereby pulling the plate against the body into a non-floating position) before it will work. If you have another reason for the extra spring or two, you can clarify that. No one does this company any good by keeping a simple question such as this one shrouded in ambiguity. Potential buyers should be able to get a straight and thorough answer; hopefully the company will see to it.

I can tell you that in general......the Tronical system "freaks out" ....just as we players do when tuning up a full floating trem. Unless you are already at equilibrium or at least very near to it.....the Tronical will freak as it continuously tries to tune the strings.

I can just imagine that being the case. I've seen the Tremol-No recommended, and it makes sense, as does increasing spring tension in order to pull the plate against a fixed point. Without temporarily fixing the bridge, is there a point where the Tronical will "get it" or will it go haywire and not find the tuning?

You can lock the bridge and tune up with it, go back to floating

Now that is what I've been hoping to hear. That is promising.

The Tremol-No really helps a lot when changing strings as well and getting quickly back to equilibrium.

Yeah, that is a very useful tool.

Thanks for the input.

I can just imagine that being the case. I've seen the Tremol-No recommended, and it makes sense, as does increasing spring tension in order to pull the plate against a fixed point. Without temporarily fixing the bridge, is there a point where the Tronical will "get it" or will it go haywire and not find the tuning?

No.......

You can't just start from super slacked strings and expect the Tronical to tune up any guitar ....even fixed bridge guitars. Maybe as the technology improves in the future that allows the tuner to fix in an home in on specific note frequencies....ie E2, E3, D2, D4.....etc.

However, it is acceptable to me the performance of the tuner when switching from one altered tuning to another.....or back to standard tuning :encouragement:

With the Tronical...you can adjust settings for optimal tuning situations and preferences. Some strings may interfere with each other making the tuner unable to complete the task. You can set parameters that minimizes the interference or eliminate completely.

Also you can set the settings for finer tuning accuracy but it will effect the tuning time....or set it lower allowing for faster tunes ups.

Now that is what I've been hoping to hear. That is promising.

Yeah, that is a very useful tool.

Thanks for the input.

Not really sure what else you want me to say here, dude. I tuned a Floyd-equipped guitar with the Tronical about fifteen times at NAMM last week and it worked just as well as it does on a fixed bridge.

The Tronical does not tune ANY guitar automatically from completely slack strings to standard. The strings need to be wound up to a discernable pitch when you first string the guitar.

I tuned a Floyd-equipped guitar with the Tronical about fifteen times at NAMM last week and it worked just as well as it does on a fixed bridge.

That's great news. I'm assuming you mean you did the tuning while the Floyd was in its floating position (i.e., not fixed solid in any way). You should do a video demo of that.

Has anyone put this on a Suhr guitar ? S4 Pro with floating Gotoh 510h tremolo to be exact.
Suhr is not listed in the drop down menu.
Thanks.

I have the tronical system on my Dusk Tiger. IT rocks.

The only drawback is that I am a cheap bastard and only change string sets when one breaks. :)

With this system, once the strings get a little too oxidized for its taste, it breaks the string to force you to put a new set on the guitar.

I got the tronical kit for my Les Paul Custom about a week ago and I couldn't be happier. Just being able to quickly switch between Eb and standard tuning is a godsend. If I buy a second one it'll be for my EJ strat for which I keep the bridge flush. I'm not sure about using it with my Suhr modern which has a floyd rose.

I recently bought one of these and used it "live", for the first time, during last night's gig.
It's not working very well for me - it's hit or miss with regard to how well it tunes my guitar. I've got a Don Grosh ElectraJet, set up for dive only. I played with it for an hour yesterday, prior to the gig, trying to get it to work more consistently, but still had to tune by hand last night. For instance, there's a calibration step to teach it how you plan to strum the strings during tuning. Since its built-in tuning presets are consistently sharp (on my guitar, with my unit, at least) compared to the Axe-Fx's tuner

Same problem here, I've recently bought it for my Les Paul and quite often it tunes sharp, mostly on low E and A strings.
I've checked the intonation of the guitar, done the calibration process several time, put graphite on the nut, increased the accuracy to the higher level but nothing to do... I'm really disappointed, maybe I've a defective unit... :(

Back
Top Bottom