Announcing Axe-Fx II XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answers to some question asked above:

Can an older Axe II be upgraded with one of these & maybe the new "Secret Sauce III” instrument input?
No, upgrading would require a whole new chassis and motherboard and be cost prohibitive.

Rats LOL!

Is the "Secret Sauce III” instrument input just lower noise or does it also have any sonic improvement?

Regarding the improved low noise input -
1) How much lower?
2) Has the noise floor on the Axe II been an issue?

(I'm on the Axe II waiting list at this time, so it's kinda important to know.)

Thank you... Very awesome for you to clarify.

Answers to some question asked above:

Does this mean that only the Axe-Fx II XL will have UltraRes IR capabilities?

No. The difference is in how many you can store onboard.

Does this mean that the PEQ, GEQ and PAN/TREM blocks on the non XL Axe II will eat up more preset memory than today?.
No.

Can an older Axe II be upgraded with one of these & maybe the new "Secret Sauce III” instrument input?
No, upgrading would require a whole new chassis and motherboard and be cost prohibitive.

the thing appealing to me about the new unit is multiple occurrences of the same effect - lying in wait. quite possibly reduces the need for program changes.

I wish there was a bay for a SSD drive to hold long loop recordings, so you could have those prerecorded in advance.
The looper block would just point to the location on the SSD drive so the Axe ram wouldn't be affected.
Just thinking out loud...

Cliff I snapped the Value knob off of my axe fx and I have the link to order the replacement. My question if there is a new optical value knob is it compatible with my axe fx 2 and if so Id like to order it instead since i am going to get it replaced.....

I wish there was a bay for a SSD drive to hold long loop recordings, so you could have those prerecorded in advance.
The looper block would just point to the location on the SSD drive so the Axe ram wouldn't be affected.
Just thinking out loud...

It would be nice also to be able to overdub layers live onto a pre-recorded loop. Maybe the AXE III XL Ultra Megatron version.

Very Cool :)

I bet we'll see a new MFC down the road, one that can handle the XL
A mean drool monster
40+ lcd switches, can handle all the fx, x/y, scenes, loop, additional presets, etc; without tap dancing menus
Surely some will bitch it won't fit in a rack, but that's okay

glad to hear that the axe fx 2 isn't going to be obsolete anytime soon even with this new box coming out.
anyways, this should put a stop to those "is the axe fx 3 coming soon?" type threads... for now at least

I'm keeping my eye on the 'For Sale' section.....just in case Kirk Hammett posts 10 'old' Axe FX II's for sale. ;)

Cool new features on the XL (really like the XLR connection to the MFC MK3).....but not enough for me to make a switch at the moment.
My patches are not that complex, and I don't use more than 4+ presets and 4+ IR's.
Good to see that the guys are still working on improvements though!

WOW..

Ok so, Cliff, does this new unit fixes the "issue" with the headphones "latency" i reported many months ago?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no headphone latency. The heaphones signal is derived from the main ouputs and has the exact same, virtually non-existent latency.

I'm already on the list for the Atomic Amplifier & now I'm gonna be on the list for an Axe-Fx II XL.........does it ever end?..........I sure hope not!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom