STEVE STEVENS PLEXI (Rebel Yell era - 1983) w/patch

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
Steve's always been one of my favorite guitarists of the 80s, badass tones and playing! Thought about doing my take on his Rebel Yell guitar sound, no tone matching here folks!
Stevens recollects that he played a Kramer guitar(possibly a Pacer model) with a Floyd Rose. Miked with a combination of a Shure 57 and a Neumann 87, he played through “an [unmodified] Marshall, late '60s plexi, non-master volume — just turn the thing up as loud as you can — and a vintage Marshall cabinet with 25-watt Celestions in it. After trying every plexi model in the axe, I found the EVH5153 Blue to be the perfect amp! no od in front, just the amp gain, keep in mind I used two OwnHammer cabs from the modern pack, the OH MAR-CB V30-CH T1 Studio Modern and the OH MAR-CB T75-RI T1 Studio Modern. To be closer to what Steve played on the record I used my Kramer Baretta with a single humbucker in the bridge and a Floyd Rose. BTW, this patch turned out pretty close to the sound of the Friedman Steve Stevens model!
Let me know what you guys think! :)

DOWNLOAD PATCH HERE(this is still fw12.01): Axe-Change - Download Preset - Steve Stevens Plexi - by RoccoPezzin

Last edited:
I don't say this lightly, but you're becoming the new Mark Day! Mark is the reason I and many others bought the Axe FX in the first place, so these are HUGE props I'm giving you! Keep the presets coming buddy, they're the best out there for the later software versions.

I think awesome presets are what quickly showcase and sell the unit. Fractal could potentially have a resource, at least part time, building showcase presets for new versions of the firmware and you may be the right man for the job!

Thanks again man!

Can't wait to hear your updated George Lynch preset for firmware 12...

I don't say this lightly, but you're becoming the new Mark Day! Mark is the reason I and many others bought the Axe FX in the first place, so these are HUGE props I'm giving you! Keep the presets coming buddy, they're the best out there for the later software versions.

I think awesome presets are what quickly showcase and sell the unit. Fractal could potentially have a resource, at least part time, building showcase presets for new versions of the firmware and you may be the right man for the job!

Thanks again man!

thanks a lot man! that's a HUGE compliment, Mark's videos are one of the main reasons why I bought the AxeFX in the first place :)

He's a great player and seems like a great guy and put many of us on Fractal Street.

Where did you get this Rebel Yell backing track BTW?

Great preset and playing. We played this tune live for the first time at our gig last night and it just plain ROCKS!!! I used the Friedman HBE model for the main riff and solo but for the intro I used the 1987 Plexi preset with some chorus, reverb, and delay. The intro riff tone is the hardest tone I've found to duplicate and I still haven't been able to match Steve's recorded tone for that part.

Great job! Preset translates well to my Suhr classic antique with SSV humbucker in the bridge. Thanks for sharing.

Werd. I love that Lynch sound circa "Under Lock and Key."

Thanks again man!

Back
Top Bottom