Update All Presets Utility

Mott

Experienced
Is this new, or have I just never scrolled down that far on that page? I didn't see it mentioned in the owners manual or any of the firmware release notes except the latest one.

Can it be used to update the blocks on older user made presets rather than the old way of switching to another amp/effect model and back again?

Ah, it's an RTFM... Here is from the release notes:
NOTE: Due to the changes in the feedback values described above retrieving
individual Delay or Multi-Delay blocks from other presets via Recall->Effect can
cause incorrect values to be loaded. To avoid this it is recommended to update
all presets. This can be accomplished using the Update All Presets function in
the Utility->Preset menu. This will recall then save each preset, formatting
the data using the latest preset protocol.

It's new with the latest firmware. Interestingly enough, it actually changed the sound and feel of my presets. I installed the latest firmware and went in and reset the amp blocks in my presets and then backed them up. I then ran the Update All Presets utility and compared the updated presets to the backed up presets and the presets changed to my surprise. They actually sound and feel better but I'm curious what may have changed. I didn't have time yet to go through and try to compare any differences and I'm not sure if they would be visible (exposed) anyway.

What does this utility do other than fix the delay parameter issue?

Or, from re-reading the Release Note... what does "latest preset protocol" mean? My guess is that this does do a reset of all the amp parameters, etc?

If you use global blocks in your presets, don't use Update All Presets for now.

It's new with this firmware, I've wondered why it hasn't been in the AxFxII, the Standard and Ultra had this utility. It basically re saves all the presets to the new protocol IIRC!!

Please excuse my possible complete lack of understanding :)

So does this new functionality (Utility>Presets>Update All Presets) make the previous process of selecting/deselecting/selecting amp blocks to take advantage of new fw changes obsolete ?

Please excuse my possible complete lack of understanding :)

So does this new functionality (Utility>Presets>Update All Presets) make the previous process of selecting/deselecting/selecting amp blocks to take advantage of new fw changes obsolete ?

That's how I'm reading it. Would like some confirmation on this as well.

i too would like more detail on that, not sure if im suppose to do this or not...

i will not do it now, since i dont wanna loose anything... but will chek this thread for more info...

thanx!

Back
Top Bottom