Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

I must say - I'm really - REALLY - liking the beta. Looking forward to what the actual release brings us. The feel of the playing is definitely improved, and long sustained chords - oh that harmonic feedback that I'm getting now. Yes please!

Sometimes i really wonder about User questions...

Could this be an Axe-Edit problem or is it in the firmware?

Disconnect from the PC and change the parameter with the value knob on the hardware! This should answers the question referenced to AE. No?

I have a similar problem with the top boost - there is this strange high frequency hiss when chords ring out (using matrix and guitar cab). Sounds artificial...

Yeah I've tried everything and it just doesn't seem to work like it used to. Sounds extremely digital for an Axe-Fx to be honest. :(

Or an especially complicated button combination like Mortal Kombat's death moves, once they master the front panel, then and only then are they ready for the advanced menus ;)

I propose: Up,Up,Down,Down,Left,Right,Left,Right,B,A.

Straight into computer. Something is wrong. I know how to use this unit. :)

Could you please post a clip if this is possible? I only noticed it when going into guitar cab but micing it would be too much hassle since I do not have a mic preamp or mixer at the moment. But I could try and borrow one if you can't provide a clip.

Maybe something that you've changed previously in the advanced tabs, is no longer necessary due to the integration of preamp to power amp that Cliff changed? And that is giving you fizz you don't need anymore?

Copy the preset to another slot and then reset the amp block and build a new amp setting with your ears, and see if the AC sounds right then.

No, I did not change anything. Loaded FW12.03beta5, reset the system, took an empty preset, included amp block. Ahh - and sent the signal to output 2 per FXL (output2 = sum L+R). Maybe only output 2 is affected. Will test with output 1 tonight.

No, I did not change anything. Loaded FW12.03beta5, reset the system, took an empty preset, included amp block. Ahh - and sent the signal to output 2 per FXL (output2 = sum L+R). Maybe only output 2 is affected. Will test with output 1 tonight.

I was messaging Clark Kent. But the remark can be directed to anyone that has altered the advanced settings. Those tweaks that got you to where you wanted to go, may be being handled now by the changes to the amp modeling for this beta revision. I stay on the first amp page - so I just mess with drive, bass, middle, treble, presence, etc...

I have a similar problem with the top boost - there is this strange high frequency hiss when chords ring out (using matrix and guitar cab). Sounds artificial...

We just tested using a Matrix into a guitar cab and it sounds fine here.

Recorded something but you can hardly hear what I mean. Chords sound OK, but when the single notes ring out there is kind of a hiss. It sounds OK when going directly into the computer (as can be heard here) but when going through matrix + guitar cab it sounds extremely artificial:

Recorded something but you can hardly hear what I mean...but when the single notes ring out there is kind of a hiss. It sounds OK when going directly into the computer (as can be heard here) but when going through matrix + guitar cab it sounds extremely artificial:

The problem is so subtle in this recording that you can't hear it at all. :)

Yeah I'm getting some weird side sounds that I think I didn't have before. Actually it was my favorite amp at one point and here's a clip I made with it back then:

And here's how it sounds now. This is not the same guitar though so that might be it but I didn't expect there to be such a big difference. In the end of that clip I'm turning the high cut all the way up and down all the time.. I can hear a difference but that's not as big as I remember it being.

And... I've never done a backup of my presets and now that I went to my gigging presets they are all blank. EVERYTHING that used global blocks is empty. :( Feel like quitting.. life. :D

Back
Top Bottom