Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

I'm not getting the new amps for b5 showing up in Axe Edit. The amps from the other betas are there - I don't think Axe Edit did the 'reading block parameters' thing when I installed b5 as it did with the other betas, is there a way to force it to do this?

Amps are all there when editing from the front panel.

I'm not getting the new amps for b5 showing up in Axe Edit. The amps from the other betas are there - I don't think Axe Edit did the 'reading block parameters' thing when I installed b5 as it did with the other betas, is there a way to force it to do this?

Amps are all there when editing from the front panel.

Go to preferences in axe edit and refresh the blocks.

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to hearing some people talk about "resetting" the amp blocks after firmware updates. The prior post informing me that it's as simple as switching to another amp and back again resets the given amp to the newest, updated version. I'm assuming this only has to be done with the amp and not any of the effects or cabs?

Yeah, I had a question about this as well. Should we do the switch to another amp and back or double click the bypass button?

Will there be an option to use the old preamp modeling when the official firmware is released (like if the offical fw is 13.00, the Global menu's 12.xx modeling would use the old preamp version)?

I hope there will be an advance parameter "preamp sag"... rack-like behaviour is needed for autenticity in preamp emulation (like SLO pre), but could also be useful to "tight" tone in some amp...

I auditioned the latest beta 5 all evening and also love this update; I've been playing a lot of the cleanish/Class A/AC 30 types of amps with the latest betas and I'm seriously digging how great they feel. The refinements in this beta series are amazing...great stuff!!!

I agree with you about the AC30TB amp. With 12.03 Beta5, it doesn't take much to clean it up the power amp and then at 4.6+ drive you have a creamy preamp feel that's just great to play. (Cleaned up using XFRMR MATCH - 0.65 and output level at -12db, MV at 10.0) I'll have to make a recording or two illustrating the sounds with this FW. Nice integration of the preamp and power amp stages Cliff.

Cliff, thanks so much for your continuing dedication to improvement. You and the team stand alone in this day and age in producing a product and really standing behind it! Well done and congratulations.

Is the Master on the DC30 modeled or is it defaulting to 10 because it's some kind of non-master version?

The Master on a DC-30 can be bypassed. As the model defaults to Master at 10, I'm guessing that the amp was modeled with the Master bypassed.

I hope there will be an advance parameter "preamp sag"... rack-like behaviour is needed for autenticity in preamp emulation (like SLO pre), but could also be useful to "tight" tone in some amp...

Yes, that would make sense!
I love the feel I have with my Lead 3 Patch under 12.03b4 (so I stay there). I tried to compare it against b5 - I feel a slight difference when playing softer aka turn down the volume on the guitar. The ODS 100 Lead 3 under 12.03b4 is just awesome!!! This is the right feel and sound I was searching for so many years! Glad I found it - even more funny, I found it in a digital device...... :) For me by far the best experience within the past 14 years!!!

AxeFx rocks!!:encouragement:

I only had to adjust one instance of the (global) delay block. Was autom. applied to all others.
Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong? When I insert a delay block I choose global and load and link. When I pulled up any of my presets, it showed that the global delay 1 was selected, but the change I made did not apply to any of the others. I was doing this all in Axe Edit. Did you make the change on the front panel?

The preamp sag is tied to Supply Sag so if you turn down Supply Sag you'll get less preamp sag. I'm reticent to add another parameter, there's already so many that new users are bewildered, befuddled and perplexed enough.

(...)there's already so many that new users are bewildered, befuddled and perplexed enough.

That`s what i am oftenly think, too. For "old" users, perhaps coming from GEN1 and growth over the time WITH the product in longterm - say Firmware releases; new added features - this may be cool. But when i think i would right nowdays chime into the Axe-world - it would just overwhelm me. I really won`t miss any of the parameters and possibilitys we have, but for "beginners" it can`t be stressed enough to give clear seperation in usibility and GUI design what`s basic and what`s advanced. In the past, at present and hopefully in the future this is IMHO given how it is. I did not know any hardware processor with that flexibility, capability, routing options with that logical, intuitive User interface! The Matrix and Block concept and the block page-views going from basic (first pages, knob view) to advanced (last pages, parameter line view) is still outstanding excellent! One big reason i love this box that much!

Back
Top Bottom