Question about the Tremelo/Panner: Syncing to a BPM for recording, & 100 % wet Q's

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Hey guys!

Been messing with the Axe's Trem/panner today and have a few questions:

I'm recording a song that is 160 BPM. I want to sync my tremelo to this BPM to be exact, so the dips and peaks occur in line with the song. Obviously, i set the rate to a specific tempo that the song is, but when I record, it's just not quite on.

One answer would be to send the axe a midi clock from cubase, but I'm not sure if the axe can receive a midi clock and set delays/times up to it.

What do you guys do about solving this problem? Tapping in for recording just doesn't seem to make sense.

Also, how do you set up a trem that has 100% wet and then 100% dry on the peaks/valleys? I easily accomplished this on my mobius back when, but am not super well versed in tremelo setup, and can't quite get it to work this way on the axe. Thanks!

Ben

Hey guys!

Been messing with the Axe's Trem/panner today and have a few questions:

I'm recording a song that is 160 BPM. I want to sync my tremelo to this BPM to be exact, so the dips and peaks occur in line with the song. Obviously, i set the rate to a specific tempo that the song is, but when I record, it's just not quite on.

One answer would be to send the axe a midi clock from cubase, but I'm not sure if the axe can receive a midi clock and set delays/times up to it.

What do you guys do about solving this problem? Tapping in for recording just doesn't seem to make sense.

Also, how do you set up a trem that has 100% wet and then 100% dry on the peaks/valleys? I easily accomplished this on my mobius back when, but am not super well versed in tremelo setup, and can't quite get it to work this way on the axe. Thanks!

Ben

It´s no problem to sync your Axe to a MidiClock. Check your Tempo settings and you´ll find the appropiate parameters to adjust. However, your setup may still drift in syncing. Several threads have had this discussed, you can find them here:
Tremolo/Panner (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom