LF+ jr+ Users - advice required

Tone_Loc

Firstly, can any LF+ users confirm this:

Background: I have programmed preset holders to buttons 2 & 3 utilising both short and long press. i.e button 2 short = preset holder #1, button 2 long press = preset holder #2 etc.
So each bank has a total of 4 presets. The rest are taken up with IA's, Tuner & Context up/down.

Need to know, when button 2 "long press" is executed, does the small LED above the button change to the correct preset info?

The preset itself is engaged and info is displayed on the main screen however the small LED doesn't change. I've been in touch with Jeff and suspect the latest firmware release included a fix to this however its still not working. Obviously, I've let him know about it however I'm just curious if other users have experienced the same issue. This was never an issue with earlier firmware versions.

The reason this is an issue for me is it doesn't allow me to "reset" the preset to its original state after I've engaged a series on IA's by way of re-pressing the same preset as its still pointing to "short press" preset.
I've not heard back from Jeff in quite a while now so I think this has been placed in the "too hard" basket.

With that in mind, I would be grateful for any alternative suggestions or approach to my programming, bearing in mind that I dont follow a rigid structure when playing the songs. i.e song A has patch 2 for verse then patch 2 with flanger for the pre-chorus etc. I tend to just go with the flow and mix and add IA's to please, during a song.

TIA

I recommend you send in another trouble ticket. It will get answered and if its off the radar, then its assumed not to be an issue. Nothing is "too hard" to fix. If its a problem or bug, it gets fixed and usually quick. Send in a ticket with your programming.

What small LED above the button? There are none? Anyway, I find double tap better for me anyway for doing what your talking about. Never used the long and short press. I'll have to try that.
Sorry I couldn't help-

"too hard" meaning not high on FAMCs to do list. Jeff's been pretty good at resolving issues and Im sure he'd eventually resolve this one, so no qualms there.
I'm mainly trying to find alternative ways to programming from other users.

The small LED panel above each button. They're on all the + series. Do you have the older version?

Double tap? Are you saying theres an option to double tap, to access the secondary function of a button, similar to the long press option?

The small LED panel above each button. They're on all the + series. Do you have the older version?

Double tap? Are you saying theres an option to double tap, to access the secondary function of a button, similar to the long press option?

I have the LCDs. Is that what you mean by "LED Panel"? LED's are not LCDs. Light Emitting Diode vs Liquid Crystal Display. Do you have LCDs and LEDS? Guess your losing me-Button on Page whatever 1 tap is enhancer and double tap is Reverb. Guess that's not what you mean.

Your confusing me sorry.

Yeah, I think he means the LCD displays. I haven't used the long/short press function. I tend to switch between Scenes more than presets, which seems more logical to me.

I have the LCDs. Is that what you mean by "LED Panel"? LED's are not LCDs. Light Emitting Diode vs Liquid Crystal Display. Do you have LCDs and LEDS? Guess your losing me-Button on Page whatever 1 tap is enhancer and double tap is Reverb. Guess that's not what you mean.

Your confusing me sorry.

LCD's yes!! Brain fart on my part there! (I'm surprised that threw you off the topic)

Yes, I think you're getting it. I wasn't aware that a double tap operation was available, similar to long press. (I should read the manual). Anyway, the issue only occurs with presets. Be interested to see if you get the same results if you program two presets to one button.

I'm starting to suspect that not too many users assign 2 presets per button.

I don't have more than one preset on a single button. Mine switch between a preset and a function or between 2 different functions. In my situation, they do swap the message in the LCD screens.
When I have more time I will setup scenes instead.
I completely agree about how relatively useless the owners manual is. Businesses need to hire NEWBS to write their manuals (edited by "pro's"). The LF manual is written as if you know everything already. IMHO.

Now I see- I used to used the single and double tap to set 2 presets for 1 button. Yes the screen definitely changed. It works well. 2 of my pages are set up like that. I also do that for IA buttons. . I am getting in to the scenes now, but I really don't use too many different presets.
Try the double tap for kicks, see if the screen changes at least. Good luck.

BTW, it threw mw because they do make both options.

Now I see- I used to used the single and double tap to set 2 presets for 1 button. Yes the screen definitely changed. It works well. 2 of my pages are set up like that. I also do that for IA buttons. . I am getting in to the scenes now, but I really don't use too many different presets.
Try the double tap for kicks, see if the screen changes at least. Good luck.

BTW, it threw mw because they do make both options.

Thanks Stratman, I'll try the double tap option and see how it goes. Interesting to note that your LCD panel changes though which makes me think that I'm omitting a toggle or something, in my programming.

I'm about 90% there with the programming of this pedal but gee its doing my head in! Can something be too powerful for its own good?!?!?!

The LF+ comes in two versions, one with an led, one with an LCD panel. The LF+ 12 ONLY has the LED, the LF+12+ has the LCD panel.

FAMC Products Page

Your confusing me sorry.

I LOVE Jeff, but I HATE his manuals! I remember when I got my old Pro - the manual was utterly incomprehensible to a newbie like me - even though I;'m a programmer. I couldn't 'get into his head'.
Exactly!
What's rudimentary for him is advanced programming for me!

If you put 2 presets on the same button you can make the 2nd function color be different on the global 1 or global 2 tab in the editor.

You can use a long hold or a double tap. The choice is made on the setup screen for the page (pedal board layout).

If you want to have preset 1 on function 1 and preset 2 on function 2, and you want to be able to turn ia's on or off, but then click the preset again to revert back to the preset's original state you need to do two things: on the page, make sure the preset buttons on your pedalboard are set to toggle and trigger. In the actual preset, make sure you uncheck allow step programming. This allows you to always restore your preset by clicking it again.

The preset button toggle and trigger will mean that 1 press of button 2 will give you preset 1, until you double tap or hold it, in which case it will flip and become preset 2. If you add or subtract ia effects from preset 2 but you want to make it reset, you only need to push the button once. If you hold it or double tap it, it will trigger preset 1.

Thanks Stratman, I'll try the double tap option and see how it goes. Interesting to note that your LCD panel changes though which makes me think that I'm omitting a toggle or something, in my programming.

I'm about 90% there with the programming of this pedal but gee its doing my head in! Can something be too powerful for its own good?!?!?!
Yeah, it can.

But only if you're too lazy like me. Have a 12+ since November, still don't know what to do with it... Had it earlier but it suffered a breakdown and it had to be sent to the US to be repaired.

Somehow the LCD blew something and turned very dim... Possibly a power supply issue. I used the wrong one, I guess...

Yeah, it can...

There is a small trick to becoming an expert on the LF+. Stop thinking. Most people try to think about other hardware, and all their limitations. Basically trained themselves to work around things.

W/ the LF+ , simply write down on a piece of paper each button and a description of what you want it to do. Want it to be a preset? IA-Slot? Function to control the LF? Whatever. Yes each button on a page can control 2 different things- so put both there...

Once you write out bullet points in very simple statements, programming becomes a near no brainer. The only thing to learn now is behavioral issues of the LF+. And most of that is controlled via parameters in either global settings, preset parameters, or page buttons. Of course, using some of the advanced programming function takes an understanding of what each function does.

Example: Button 1 is a preset, button 5 is a bank up, button 6 is an effect control (IA-Slot).

Page programming: go to button one. From drop down, add a preset holder. Set the parameter 'process scrolls' because we usually want a preset button to process bank, song, set list changes made by user. Select button 5, set as a function, and choose Bank Up from selection list. Go to button 6, select type IA-slot! and choose the IA you want it to control. That's it. Buttons done. Time: 10-20 seconds of programming.

Preset: I want my preset #1 to trigger preset 14 on Axe-fx, 18 on the Liquid Router, and track #20 on the liquid tracks. I want it to start on Scene 3 of the preset on the Axefx.

Ok, let's now program that:

Go to programming list for preset #1.

Add a midi command: midi chan Axe, PC#, 14. This command will change the axe preset
Add a midi command: midi chan router, PC#18. This will select preset on Liquid Router
Add a midi command: midi chan tracks, PC#20. This will select preset on Liquid Tracks
Add last midi command: midi chan axe, CC#34,2. This will select scene #3 of the current preset on axe

Now since we are using scenes, make sure the preset parameter 'external sync' is checked. This will force the preset to use the axe for instant setting of all effects sync'd to axe. The LF+ requires no effect state programming when you do this. All will be done automatically for you.

And so on. If you list out what you want to do first, then programming because much easier, and very rapid.

If not, send a trouble ticket to FAMC along with your programming file, help is quick.

Hope that helps someone.

Last edited:
If you put 2 presets on the same button you can make the 2nd function color be different on the global 1 or global 2 tab in the editor.

You can use a long hold or a double tap. The choice is made on the setup screen for the page (pedal board layout).

If you want to have preset 1 on function 1 and preset 2 on function 2, and you want to be able to turn ia's on or off, but then click the preset again to revert back to the preset's original state you need to do two things: on the page, make sure the preset buttons on your pedalboard are set to toggle and trigger. In the actual preset, make sure you uncheck allow step programming. This allows you to always restore your preset by clicking it again.

The preset button toggle and trigger will mean that 1 press of button 2 will give you preset 1, until you double tap or hold it, in which case it will flip and become preset 2. If you add or subtract ia effects from preset 2 but you want to make it reset, you only need to push the button once. If you hold it or double tap it, it will trigger preset 1.

Cheers Rod.

1.-"on the page, make sure the preset buttons on your pedalboard are set to toggle and trigger" - done
2. - " In the actual preset, make sure you uncheck allow step programming" Are you referring to "Allow multi press (process steps/reset)"? If so, then this toggle is unchecked. (Could you let me know if Im referring to the wrong toggle?)

You definitely understand my issue however those suggestions, does not fix the problem, for me anyway.
Thats why I was interested to hear from others who have a similar setup. Im open to hear of other ways I can approach my programming.

Yeah, it can.

But only if you're too lazy like me. Have a 12+ since November, still don't know what to do with it... Had it earlier but it suffered a breakdown and it had to be sent to the US to be repaired.

Somehow the LCD blew something and turned very dim... Possibly a power supply issue. I used the wrong one, I guess...

I hear ya. A personal bugbear of mine is spending precious time on programming, instead of playing. Im aware that there are learning curves on all things however I do get frustrated when it extends beyond what I feel is acceptable!

Dont get me started on the issues I've had with returns and repairs but to Jeffs credit, he provided superior service so I've stuck with it, longer than I ever would with other products.

Back
Top Bottom