ISP Technologies Stealth Power amp

These little power amps are awesome! I run one with my Axe-FX II with great results. I use it with the Power Amp simulation ON. I A/B'd the ISP with a Mesa Mark V power amp section and was able to use a little bit of graphic eq before the output to get it 99% "matched".

As far as the volume goes, it competes with another guitarist, drummer, and bass player; no problem!

Last edited:
Not to deter you from trying it cuz hey it works for the above guy but just making sure you also have heard of this - electro-harmonix 44 Magnum 44 Watt Power Amp Pedal | Sweetwater.com Its been plenty loud for me with my 16 ohm 1x12. It's what I'm using until I see what the new Fryette tube power amp and atomic SLR 400 are all about. I also think for the price and compactness this is a great deal too. Plus if you ever want to get rid of it its a bit more popular to sell...

Not to deter you from trying it cuz hey it works for the above guy but just making sure you also have heard of this - electro-harmonix 44 Magnum 44 Watt Power Amp Pedal | Sweetwater.com Its been plenty loud for me with my 16 ohm 1x12. It's what I'm using until I see what the new Fryette tube power amp and atomic SLR 400 are all about. I also think for the price and compactness this is a great deal too. Plus if you ever want to get rid of it its a bit more popular to sell...

FWIW, those EH pedals are just a TI Class D chip amp wired into a box, so from that end, they feel incredibly expensive to me.

I just ordered a Lepai 2020A+ which is a stereo 20W/ch amp that has a preamp bypass button built in for $25 on Amazon as a lower power/portable power amp, looking forward to checking it out. Since my main setup is stereo I'd much rather have a stereo unit. Another option if you don't mind just the smallest bit of DIY, is to pick up a stereo class D board from Parts Express and add an old or inexpensive laptop PSU. You can get higher wattages than 20/ch with those.

Those Class D amps are generally well regarded as Hifi chip amplifiers.

Back
Top Bottom