V11.03 Preset name vanishing?

craiguitar

Power User
Hi,
Anybody else have a problem where the preset name vanishes? This happens on my preset 001. The name still partially appears on the MFC screen. I re-save and its OK again, but then it re-occurs. No other presets are affected, only the first one. The preset otherwise works OK so I was thinking it's unlikely to be corrupt.

After last nights gig, I switched everything on again today and yet again the preset 001 name was missing, and it was corrupted on the MFC display. The preset functioned and sounded OK, it was just the name. So again I renamed it and saved it. I tried replacing the preset with another one before just incase it was a corrupt preset, but this is still happening. Strange.

Is axe edit involved at any point?

What firmware versions on the axe and MFC? How is it connected?

Do you always load preset 1 first? If you turn off the axe when on preset 20 (or whatever), then power up the next time does it happen?

This is without Axe Edit involved. Both the Axe and the MFC have the latest firmware. i generally have the unit set on preset number 3 when I power off or on, as it's my main Clean preset. But if I switch to preset 1 the problem has reoccurred on occasion, but strangely not every time. I do strongly suspect a bug of some sort, because this never happened in previous firmware versions, even in 10.00 or after. It's only happened since 11.03.

I do strongly suspect a bug of some sort, because this never happened in previous firmware versions, even in 10.00 or after. It's only happened since 11.03.
I have both MFC and Axe on current firmware(s) and have not seen this issue. Hopefully others can chime in on their experiences. As for being a bug.. it's a possibility, but if you are the only one reporting/experiencing it, chances are it's something else - maybe hardware related.. maybe a loose cable/connection.

Keep in mind that bugs that's can't be duplicated can't be fixed.

I have both MFC and Axe on current firmware(s) and have not seen this issue. Hopefully others can chime in on their experiences. As for being a bug.. it's a possibility, but if you are the only one reporting/experiencing it, chances are it's something else - maybe hardware related.. maybe a loose cable/connection.

Keep in mind that bugs that's can't be duplicated can't be fixed.

Thanks, I understand. I will monitor this and advise if there are any contributory factors. So far though, I'ts a bit of a head scratcher. Thankfully not a huge problem.

Thanks, I understand. I will monitor this and advise if there are any contributory factors. So far though, I'ts a bit of a head scratcher. Thankfully not a huge problem.
YEah, hopefully it's something simple.. I suggest you reach out to G66 (being in Europe) and see if any other owners have reported this. I don't recall any being posted on the forum.. at least not what you are experiencing..

Back
Top Bottom