Silent Liquid Foot Switches

Each switch can be programmed for a short "normal" function and a secondary function if you hold it for a longer predetermined amount of time. You get double the buttons in a smaller footprint.

Sounds the same as "IA Hold" on the LF Pro.

Thanks!

Terry.

Anyone heard an update on the new silent switches liquid foot is working on? I am thinking to sell my MFC due to the switching noise for small venues. The two feature (quick/hold) switching sounds promising as well.

Yes- Jeff announced a fully "switchless" switch. no tactile clicking noise- will last a lifetime as well as he said it has a lifetime warranty on the switches. No physical switches touch the actuators on all the new models. It is this way on the LF+ Mini, LF+ JR+, LF+ Pro+ and soon the LF+ 12's. For those who like the solid "click", the 12+ will continue for a little while.

You work for FAMC, go pawn your gear somewhere else.

I don't know if Tyler001 works for FAMC or not, but he provided a direct answer to the question asked by the OP. There's nothing inappropriate about that.

Terry.

Sounds the same as "IA Hold" on the LF Pro.

Thanks!

Terry.

It's different and much better. The IA hold function on the LF Pro triggers the IA of the switch on the page below it. For the plus series, the secondary function has nothing to do with pages, so it is much more flexible.
-
Austin

The problem we've been seeing is broken CAT-5 cables and jacks on the MFC. FASLINK addresses those two weak spots. The adapter is a tiny box you stick in the back of your rack. Everyone has extra XLR cables at a gig; CAT-5 cables, not so common.

Will Support the Ultra? ahahahah :'(

Well I suppose I can disclose this now instead of this weekend:

Introducing the MFC-101 Mark III

Main features:
- Solid-State switch technology. No moving parts except a spring "actuator". Switching is fully electronic and silent with no switches to wear out. Mechanical lifespan 1 million actuations.

- "FASLINK" jack. FASLINK is our new, proprietary communications link that features bi-directional MIDI and power over a standard XLR microphone cable. Cable runs of hundreds of feet are possible. FASLINK adapters for the Axe-Fx II will be available to complete the link. Additionally there will be FASLINK adapters for Mark I and II MFC-101s.

Stop by the Fractal Audio room at the Amp Show this weekend to see a prototype in action.

Cliff,

With an adapter on both ends of the XLR cable, do we need to use the wall wart power supply on the Axefx end to power the MFC, or is it not needed?

i'm assuming the adaptor would connect to the Ethernet/MFC port on the Axe rather than the MIDI, so the MFC power supply probably won't be needed.

but who knows. except cliff. :)

Cliff,

With an adapter on both ends of the XLR cable, do we need to use the wall wart power supply on the Axefx end to power the MFC, or is it not needed?

The adapter is not needed. FASLINK transmits power, ground and MIDI data in both directions over only three wires. But how can you do four things with only three wires? "Ancient Chinese secret".

The adapter is not needed. FASLINK transmits power, ground and MIDI data in both directions over only three wires. But how can you do four things with only three wires? "Ancient Chinese secret".

Thanks! I was wondering how it could work.

Wow. So yeah, if we're on the waiting list for the Mk II, will we be offered a Mk III? Will they be a new price, or the same as $749 at a waitlisted price?

Wow. So yeah, if we're on the waiting list for the Mk II, will we be offered a Mk III? Will they be a new price, or the same as $749 at a waitlisted price?

Anyone on the waiting list will be offered a Mark III. The Mark II is discontinued. Price is TBD but should be around the same. Some things got more expensive, other things got less expensive so I'm expecting the final cost to be roughly the same.

The problem we've been seeing is broken CAT-5 cables and jacks on the MFC. FASLINK addresses those two weak spots. The adapter is a tiny box you stick in the back of your rack. Everyone has extra XLR cables at a gig; CAT-5 cables, not so common.

There's another way to solve this problem...

Build an all-in-one floor unit. :)

Anyone on the waiting list will be offered a Mark III. The Mark II is discontinued. Price is TBD but should be around the same. Some things got more expensive, other things got less expensive so I'm expecting the final cost to be roughly the same.

:eagerness: Nice Cliff - any projections yet for Mark III availability?:encouragement:

So if I'm understanding, the MFC mk III will have a FASLink port, but the adapter will be used with a MKII Axe II, correct? Seems cool if you just go XLR from the adapter to the MFC101 MKIII and it's fully powered, etc. Does the Faslink have a lock on the MFC101, a la the ethercon does?

So if I'm understanding, the MFC mk III will have a FASLink port, but the adapter will be used with a MKII Axe II, correct? Seems cool if you just go XLR from the adapter to the MFC101 MKIII and it's fully powered, etc. Does the Faslink have a lock on the MFC101, a la the ethercon does?

Yes and yes. The adapter works with Mark I and Mark II Axe-Fx IIs. It has an Ethercon on end and a XLR on the other. You simply plug it into the CAT-5 jack on the back of the AxeII.

So you need a really smaller ethercon plug to connect to the adapter? Or does the adapter come with a small ethercon plug. Sorry to be hounding you with questions Cliff! Feel free to not answer, but as someone whose been waiting for an MFC since early August, it's exciting news that something new is in the works. Curious to see when they'll be available.

Back
Top Bottom