Wish MFC wishlist

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
I love the MFC. Still, I'd like to see some usability features added (firmware only).

Here's my personal shortlist.

1. Get rid of the "X" in the display. Result: one more character for preset titles.
  2. -deleted-
  3. Hold an IA to switch the assigned effect between X/Y on the Axe-Fx (like on the FX8).
  4. Easier song programming. Plus sorting of song and sets.
  5. External switch can activate the tuner display on the MFC.
  6. External switch can send a Program Change.
  7. External switch can send two CCs.
  8. Ability to select scenes within presets when programming songs.
  9. Jump To Scene .. switch: press this switch, followed by pressing switch 1-8 on the MFC, to jump to that scene.
  10. Optional scrolling display.
  11. Some kind of scene indication, especially handy for those who use external switches to switch scenes.
  12. (Added) Option to disable the message that shortly appears when an IA has been pressed.
  13. -deleted-
  14. -deleted-
  15. (Added) An option to press Tempo and immediately display the Tuner, instead of needing to hold the switch. In other words: a Tuner switch which also indicates tempo.
  16. (Added) A dedicated "Backtrack" switch (instead of Alternate). Like: pressing IA16 always returns you to the previous preset/scene.
  17. -fixed-
  18. (Added) Transfer effect status to external switch LED.

Off the list (fulfilled):
- Vol Inc and Vol Dec IA switches (directly assignable)
- Scene 1/2 switch (directly assignable, switches between scenes 1 and 2

Last edited:
+1 on all plus, if I may add:
The "return to previous preset" function should be a complete return. Both preset and bank.

#2 on your list is #1 on mine ;)

The "return to previous preset" function should be a complete return. Both preset and bank.

Agreed.

I get around that programming an IA to send a PC. When TotalSync is on, the MFC also switches banks.
Of course this is limited and not the same as backtracking because the preset has to be specified.

Agreed.

I get around that programming an IA to send a PC. When TotalSync is on, the MFC also switches banks.
Of course this is limited and not the same as backtracking because the preset has to be specified.

Tracking with that. I had an old Digitech foot controller that I beat to death. It had extremely versatile programability for what I used it and included that "return to previous Preset" thing which was awesome. having used that extensively, I miss that option to be able to just stomp on a single switch to go between my 2 favorite presets.

I was contemplating also swapping ribbon connectors to move the preset bank to the middle, leave the bottom open for scenes and IAs for the top row. But an upgrade to the FW to allow this as a "soft function" would be fabulous!

One last comment on your list, #3 seems particularly appealing for things such as rotary fast/slow shifts and similar things!

Big +1 on 1, 2, and 3

Compared to the rapid development on the Axe 2, the MFC101 seems to be relatively static. Maybe it just doesn't have the capability to do much more than it does now (which is quite a bit, but still...)
-
Austin

#3 for sure. Most of us use enough fx in various presets that having to use up IA's for x/y switching isn't practical. (I do have one for Amp x/y, but that's the only one). There aren't enough IA's for x/y switching much else, along w/ having all of your fx on/off switches.

Scenes can be used too, but there are lots of times when for example, I would just want to switch an effect from x to y, without also changing anything else that would be affected by switching scenes...

+1 on the "x" in the display.

I don't know if it's ever been discussed, but scrolling on the display, the option to break it into 2 rows with smaller characters, or anything like this would be extremely satisfying for me.

All good.

My way old post wishing for a way to have the bottom 10 switches IA and top 5 switches as PC still gets resurrected now and again...

TT

Thinking about point #11 in Yek's original post of a toggle between scene 1/2. What would be even better is having the ability to toggle all scene switches, so that with 4 switches we could switch between all scenes (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8), or in my case where I never use more than 4 scenes, 2 IA's would enable me to switch between all the scenes that I need.

Maybe someone from FAS could chime in and give some information whether one or the other of these wishes is being worked on or why it is not possible to realize a certain wish. This way people using the MFC would know what to expect (and maybe when) and what not - and in that case try to find a way around it which lasts for a while. Not complaining - just asking. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom