FW 11 All Around Gig Patch For Single Coil Guitars

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
First of all kudos to the FAS development team -- The amps I am into (Vintage Fender and dumble amps) sound magnificent.

Here is my FW11 All Around Gig Patch for Meat & Potatoes Pub Players (Single coil Version - FRFR).

The board

Wah - set to auto engage
Mutron (filter 2)
Compressor
MXR 90 Phaser
RCB Boost (two settings (X/Y)
AC Boost
Zendrive
Tremolo
Chorus
Leslie
2 Delays (x/y)
2 Reverbs (x/y)
3db boost (filter 1)

Guitar used:
Suhr Mike Landau Classic (SSS)

Scene 1 Twin Reverb - Clean with RC Boost for added body. (good for all pickups)
Scene 2 Twin Reverb - comp/chorus (Optimized for 2nd "quack" position)
Scene 3 Twin Reverb - AC Boost - full tone with grit when you dig in (Optimized for Neck & Middle Positions)*my favorite Strat/Twin tone*
Scene 4 Twin Reverb - RC > Zendrive stack - Milk shake Crunch (Optimized for Bridge position)
Scene 5 Deluxe Tweed - RC hitting the tweed - longer delay - use as a lead tone (Optimized for Bridge position)

I will be porting the other patches I use at gigs to FW11 and post them when they get done

Enjoy!

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Twin Tweed SC - 11 - by LVC

<><><>

For the FW 11 Single coil Dumble patch go here

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...dumble-ods-patch-single-coils.html#post911208

Last edited:
Yeah, dude, this patch is sweet as can be, even though I live in apartment and have only been able to check it out at a low volume level. Equally fine on my Strat w/ Holy Grails (completely noiseless) and the 513 (not so noiseless in SC positions). Nice thick lead tone with no "here comes the ice pick in the forehead" in the bridge position. Covers a lot of ground - nice job and thanks!

Reactions: LVC
Thanks for this and all your previous patch contributions, LVC.

Knowing that you work with both, is this patch FRFR-centric or built for your power amp & cab setup?

Hi LVC,
I am assuming this the completed version of the WIP you posted yesterday right?
Yesterdays post was already kickbutt ;)
Thank you for sharing this workhorse!!!
Greg

Hi LVC,
I am assuming this the completed version of the WIP you posted yesterday right?
Yesterdays post was already kickbutt ;)
Thank you for sharing this workhorse!!!
Greg

Yep she is done .. until I tweak her some more before my next gig -- LOL.

I'll have the Humbucker version up in the next few days.

I really was trying to get scene three right -- I wanted a big ass strat neck tone that is good for blues or just about anything slightly edgy. I think I nailed it.

Working on the dumble patch -- trying to figure out how to get the notes to flip with single coils on the OD channel. By note flip (not sure if it is the right term) I mean that explosive tone folks like robben Ford get when the do a run and then quickly slur the last note down a whole step. When he does that the amp sounds like it is about to explode. I am getting close!

Thanks for this and all your previous patch contributions, LVC.

Knowing that you work with both, is this patch FRFR-centric or built for your power amp & cab setup?

Good Question -- this one is for FRFR.

Thanks LVC. I've been checking it out this morning - sounds fabulous with my Suhr Tele through the CLR. The ears are a-ringin' quite early for a Saturday morning...

Reactions: LVC
Thanks LVC. I've been checking it out this morning - sounds fabulous with my Suhr Tele through the CLR. The ears are a-ringin' quite early for a Saturday morning...

i-love-the-sound-of-suhr-teles-in-the-morning_zps0471cc2c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom