AE Total Sync - Gone but not forgotten...

dabert

... and sorely missed.

Any chance for a resurrection of total sync and/or Midi merge in a future release of AE?

Yikes!

FW-11 doesn't have total sync between it and the MFC?

If so, then a show-stopper for me.

Yes, of course it does, but not with AE3 + fw11 + MFC.
Ah - as long as there's total sync between MFC and Axe-FX (i.e. changing programs on the Axe will change the program on the MFC) then I'm good.
Thanks for clarifying.

Can someone at FAS please comment if total sync for AE (in this case resyncing FX block states and paramters in AE when FX block state or paramters are triggered/changed in the Axe via Midi from a non MFC device like i.e. an FCB1010 or a Liquid Foot controller) is planned for a future release or not at all?

Thanks in advance for some input here!

Total Sync never sync'd Block State changes between Axe-Edit and the MFC.
It syncs preset changes. That should still be working fine.

We'll look at Block Bypass state changes, but no promises.

Thanks for the insight!

Also just saw your reply to krcassid that it is not related to MFC or non-MFC Controllers but rather due to the fact that the Axe is not broadcasting state changes at present.

Changing presets and scenes via Midi is indeed reflected in AE already at this time which is the main thing.

Understand that you have to prioritze development but still would find it majorly cool, if at one stage in the future AE would reflect state changes (or even parameter changes).

Also, I think it would be awesome if Midi merge would be re-introduced which would then spare us from having to call up an additional merge tool (using miditrix myself as Midi-Ox is Overkill just for merging IMHO).

FW11 sounds killer and in combination with AE3 it is a Major leap ahead - thank you for that!

FWIW AE will keep the bypass states in sync if you use "FX BYP" on the front panel (just verified this still works in 11.0+3.0). Therefore, there is some amount of infrastructure in place to allow AE to respond to bypass changes. It would be awesome if this could be extended to foot controller commands too.

MIDI Merge on the other hand, will NOT be back... there are plenty of 3rd party software and hardware MIDI mergers.
Merge was primarily introduced to allow the Ultra via 3rd party MIDI Interface be used with Axe-Edit and a MIDI foot controller.

Back
Top Bottom