The Toruk Has landed!

Cab one has opened up nicely. Time to start breaking in cab #2.

Been working on dialing in my Dumble patch -- it is sounding pretty amazing.

I still cannot get over how light these cabs are.

Picked up a couple of tripod stands for the cabs.

You can adjust the angle of the cab with these stands.

file_zpsadea0122.jpg

It also comes with a mike boom (in case I ever want to use it)

Last edited:
Upside down iphone clip :lol

Set up the two NL12 cabs with the dumble patch.

sorry about it being upside down and the clams -- I just threw a backing track turned on the iPhone on and wailed away.

I am liking the way the dumble patch is coming together.

I think this will cut nicely live with the band.

Last edited:
Tyler Grund Acoustic Martin Patch Test

Since this patch does not have a cab I decided to give it a shot

Patch link: Tyler Grund's Axe Fx 2 Website

The raw patch sounds pretty damn good -- with a little tweaking this could be a winner with the NL12

I am using my James Tyler Elite HD Burning Water for the clip

Just got the Matrix CFR passive wedge. I spoke with Matt at Matrix, and decided to get it instead of q12, as the specs are same and may be a little more versatile. LVC - I decided to get this after reading your reviews, which I really appreciate! Where is Lafayette, NJ?? I live in Bridgewater and would love to come hear you play sometime. And, thanks for all your insight that you have posted on Forum.

Just got the Matrix CFR passive wedge. I spoke with Matt at Matrix, and decided to get it instead of q12, as the specs are same and may be a little more versatile. LVC - I decided to get this after reading your reviews, which I really appreciate! Where is Lafayette, NJ?? I live in Bridgewater and would love to come hear you play sometime. And, thanks for all your insight that you have posted on Forum.

By Sparta -- I have a gig at Junction 46 this sat night --

Junction46 | Junction 46 - Trellis Restaurant/Bar

The NL12s will make their debut!

best wishes.....

may the art of moving air be with you ! !

Wife is at the mall so I have been taking advantage trying to do some final tweaks. I have both channels on the Matrix at two o'clock and my ears feel like they are going to explode. You know that wobbly feeling you get when you have been wailing away in front of a stack and have lost track of time? Your head feels like its in a fog and all you hear is a steady hum?

Well that how I feel -- and I am sitting behind a desk with a computer screen blocking the two cabs that are the floor in front of my bookcase on small floor cab stands.

those suckers are loud and they sound incredible when you pump some juice into them...

The Twin and The Deluxe Tweed sound incredible.

I know I am going to get loud on sat -- at least until they tell me to turn it down.:mrgreen

Damn.. A bit to far to venture out after commuting to Rutherford all week from Rockland, NY. I'd love to hear the band and check out your rig/sound.

As a fellow "tube-head" who has been reluctant to gig more than 2 times with the axe (Most gigs I play these days are vox and kick only through the PA), I've been following your progress. Your Tweed patch with scenes is , IMO one of the best all around I've tried. Let us know when you venture to North Jersey. I'd be glad to come say hello.

Best,

-Chris

Thanks man.

Furthest East on the 80 corridor we play is around Fairfield. Every once in a while we do some private parties down in Edgewater but we mostly play in the Morristown, Sussex, Parsippany, Ledgewood and Lake Hopatcong areas.

the patch was really my attempt at replicating the rig I have been playing out with for years and I think I succeeded.

It is not fancy. It is designed for meat and potatoes pub players like me!

The Fender Twin in v10 is actually my old 60's vintage Twin that I gigged with for years so it was kind of cheating putting that patch together because I know that amp inside and out.

I reworked it for the NL12 and it is just blowing me away.

Damn.. A bit to far to venture out after commuting to Rutherford all week from Rockland, NY. I'd love to hear the band and check out your rig/sound.

As a fellow "tube-head" who has been reluctant to gig more than 2 times with the axe (Most gigs I play these days are vox and kick only through the PA), I've been following your progress. Your Tweed patch with scenes is , IMO one of the best all around I've tried. Let us know when you venture to North Jersey. I'd be glad to come say hello.

Best,

-Chris

I think this patch is done! Will be using it as my main patch tomorrow night with a pair of NL12s!

Twin and Tweed amps used

5 Scenes
1. Basic Rhythm
2. Compressor (R&B/Motown/Dance)
3. Edge Breakup - when I need a little bit of hair (RCB)
4. Light Crunch - nothing heavy (BB Pre)
5. Lead - Amp Change to a DELUXE Tweed
Guitar: Suhr Humbucker tele Korina Body
Wah (auto engage)
Filter 2 (first in chain) is Mutron
Filter 1 (last in chain) is a boost
Matrix GT1000FX Amp
Matrix Nl12 (pair)
fw11b
Need to play at gig volumes

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Twin Tweed 11 Cab - by LVC

Last edited:
LVC

Most interested in this as I have 2 Q12s (which I love) and just got an NL12. With Cab sims off, it seemed a little too much high end to me so interested in your breakin period??? (and how you do that) and also how you EQ to compensate for the changes in speakers and cab sims. So far still prefer Q12's but have had them much longer

MM

LVC

Most interested in this as I have 2 Q12s (which I love) and just got an NL12. With Cab sims off, it seemed a little too much high end to me so interested in your breakin period??? (and how you do that) and also how you EQ to compensate for the changes in speakers and cab sims. So far still prefer Q12's but have had them much longer

MM

10 or so hours and they start to warm up -

Also check out my preset for the NL12 above.

I redid my basic Q12 patch for the Nl12. You need to adjust your patch to work with a real cab. Your amp and effects settings (especially OD pedals) should be adjusted.

In the patch I used clarky's suggestion of adding a HS filter block after amp. I use this to tweak the highs (I just adjust the gain in the filter until it sounds right for the volume I intend to play at). No additional EQ needed.

The patch with my Suhr tele sounds identical to my old 60's Twin. Scene 3 and Scene 4 sound ridiculous (at least to me)

Just so you know -- I like to play with my vol around 6-7 and tone in the 6-7 range as well. That way I have room to brighten up the tone when I want to like I would with a real amp. I know a lot of folks like to keep everything wide open I don't.

Scene 3 with the RCB adds warmth and body that is identical to the way the real RCB did to my Twin.

It is freaky how good it sounds.

Patch

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1570

filter_block_twin_zpsbb6ef518.png

Last edited:
Quick test of dynamics of fw11b using the Matrix NL12

I am using scene three of the patch (Twin with RC Boost) -- that is it. All I am doing is adjusting my attack and flipping between selector positions 5,2 and 1 on my Tyler Burning Water 2k (SSH)

Phone is on its side :lol -- hopefully by the next clip it will be right side up!

Off to my gig

Will be playing a pair of NL12s with no cab sims.

I twisted my knee a few weeks ago and I can barely walk (had an MRI done this morning) so it should be a lot of fun tonight! :lol

Just so you know -- I like to play with my vol around 6-7 and tone in the 6-7 range as well. That way I have room to brighten up the tone when I want to like I would with a real amp. I know a lot of folks like to keep everything wide open I don't.

Hi LVC,
Regarding your scene 4 and 5 in your Twin Tweed patch (non cab sim)...
This being said, when you actually do turn up your vol and tone all the way, do you see output 1 clipping on the Fractal when you hit the strings relatively hard?
Thanks
Greg

Hi LVC,
Regarding your scene 4 and 5 in your Twin Tweed patch (non cab sim)...
This being said, when you actually do turn up your vol and tone all the way, do you see output 1 clipping on the Fractal when you hit the strings relatively hard?
Thanks
Greg

Nope -- no red LEDs

Back
Top Bottom