Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

Cliff, for the first time I must respectfully disagree with you. The way I see it after spending some time with 11, all past firmware releases were betas... this one is definitely not.

Last edited:
Hello! My first post!
Where did the updates and read the post from colleagues daily.

I have the Axe II since early 2012!

Use power with a Mesa Boogie 50/50 and with two 2x12 cabs eminence. They are different, but it adds to my tone. The tone is with my personality.

I upgraded and found beast!!! Have a weekend gig, but do not even want to know because I know the band and the fans will like it too.

The Axe was the best investment I have made in my life!!

All Thanks and sorry my english!

Cliff, for the first time I must respectfully disagree with you. The way I see it after spending some time with 11, all past firmware releases were betas... this one is definitely not.

Reset the amp and cab block and dial to taste, then tell that you're not smoking meth.

that would've been my Jvm , my cameron Hi, my Atomic Hi , my Recto Red Modern ,my Recto Modren Orange, My USA lead +, and my FAS Modern II
no offense but it's not my Patches, I don't tend to dial in bass heavy patches to begin with and apparently a few others are hearing this too.
which by the way were all gone when I went back to 10.12,.
Guys do a backup before updating, I just got hosed out of the last 3 days of dialed in patches that I really liked.

it may not be just the amps..
it could be the amp cab combination..
the amps in 11 certainly have bigger spuds..
but some cab types are strong with lows [and others with the highs]
across some fw updates I have on occasion switched to a different cab to get my tone back..
in fact, for 10.xx I even switched an amp to get my tone back..

try:
turn on Cut in the Amp: preamp page
drop the depth control
in the Amp: Spkr page drop the Low Freq down between 50Hz and 80Hz [so it's deep rather than bassy]
Amp: EQ you can make a small cut at 500Hz to prevent the low mids from wrestling with the bass [I do this by default on almost all my presets]
and also you have the lower 3 bands in there to get control of the low end..

if you don't have it under control after all this..
explore new cabs that are less strong with the lows..
try mic'ing the cab with a sm57 [cos it's not low end strong]
try reducing the mic's proximity [high values = closer mic placement = more top / less low end = tighter focus]

Last edited:
can't even blink nowadays without missing a new update (i always get tripped by double negatives, that sounded correct yes?)

anyhoo, only had a few minutes with the axe after the update.
the overall feel seems more "chewy" and "bouncy" but the tones were bassier, as others have found.
also as indicated by others, not sure why the compression was set fairly high (at least on those few amps i am using).
hope to find more time to mess with it this weekend.

awesome job by FAS guys, always looking to improve the impossible-to-improve :encouragement:

The bass is clearer on V11 so it will give the illusion of having more bass. What you can do.... wait for it... wait for it... is adjust that knob that's labeled "Bass". Surprisingly it reduces the bass when you turn it counter-clockwise.

I Love this part!!!!!! Your great!!!!

try reducing the mic's proximity ...
That's good advice...

... [low values = closer mic placement = more top / less low end = tighter focus]

... but you got the explanation backwards. The closer a directional mic is to the sound source the more bass boost you get.
So, lowering the value in the cab block proximity parameter simulates moving the mic away from the speaker.

it may not be just the amps..
it could be the amp cab combination..
the amps in 11 certainly have bigger spuds..
but some cab types are strong with lows [and others with the highs]
across some fw updates I have on occasion switched to a different cab to get my tone back..
in fact, for 10.xx I even switched an amp to get my tone back..

try:
turn on Cut in the Amp: preamp page
drop the depth control
in the Amp: Spkr page drop the Low Freq down between 50Hz and 80Hz [so it's deep rather than bassy]
Amp: EQ you can make a small cut at 500Hz to prevent the low mids from wrestling with the bass [I do this be default on almost all my presets]
and also you have the lower 3 bands in there to get control of the low end..

if you don't have it under control after all this..
explore new cabs that are less strong with the lows..
try mic'ing the cab with a sm57 [cos it's not low end strong]
try reducing the mic's proximity [low values = closer mic placement = more top / less low end = tighter focus]

Great suggestions, but i believe you mixed up the proximity close/distance.
From the wiki:

"Firmware 3.0 added the Proximity parameter. This simulates the proximity of the recording mic to the speaker. Higher numbers translate to the mic being closer to the speaker (nearfield). Lower numbers translate to the mic being further away from the source (farfield). The default setting is neutral. When set to "none", Proximity is ignored."

Edit: someone else was faster.

Last edited:
Does the firmware make changes to the algorithms used for modelling, or to the specific models? I guess what I'm trying to ask is will the changes affect all amps/cabs/fx or specific ones in different ways?

love the update. the VH patch kicks ass.

Did others find more distortion on the ODS-100 Lead patch? I played it before on 10.12 and then on 11.00 and there was considerably more gain. I have not altered it at all. Sounds great though. More like I expected a lead to sound. I am playing through dmarzio cruisers.

Thanks for posting the beta. 100% success on first load and no issues thus far.

I hope that we get all the amps in the next set of patch banks. That would be awesome. I know... give 'em an inch... blah blah blah :D

Back
Top Bottom