Post Your Rig!

I used to have a "normal" 3U one, but then I found the Adam Hall 87402A Rack Drawer made from aluminum! It weighs a fractal of the normal ones made out of steel.
In my drawer I keep my snake, guitar cable, fishman aura pedal, setlist, strings, picks, polishing cloth, and a few basic tools.

Aluminum...DOH! That's the ticket! Mine is steel. I need to find an aluminum one! My idea as well about keeping the essentials in the drawer. I've always been of the thought to keep every thing in one clean place.

The duality of one's rig...

Portable version: Godin Freeway SA + Roland GR-55 + Matrix Q12a.

Transportable version: Godin Freeway SA, LGX-SA, Multiac Steel SA, ACS Nylon SA, Nylon Fretless SA + Seagull S6 CW + Electric Sitar + Roland GR-55 + Fractal Audio Axe FX II + Roland Integra 7 + Behringer Eurorack Pro + Matrix Q12a x2 + modified Behringer FCB 1010 + Gordius Little Giant Module + Boss FS-6 + Boss FV-500H x3.
20130717_121346.jpg20130717_132509.jpg

This is my current rig:
MySetup.jpg
MySetup%20%2B%20CLR.jpg

Nice, MisterE. What that in the top left corner of the top rack to free up Output 2 for effects loop duties. I've been trying to find a 1/2-rack mixer/splitter that will split a signal and give me independent control of its output levels, and it looks like that might be one.

Rig: Splawn Street Rod 40 Watt Head w/Splawn 2 x 12 Cabinet (loaded with small blocks), Axe FX II, Adam monitors and DT880 headphones, guitars are two Jackson Soloists & a King V. (Custom Shop and Custom Selects).

Edit: I will be purchasing the MFC-101 Foot Controller.

Last edited:
I'm going from VG-99 to Axe-Fx 2nd input.
But I have a Rane Mixer so I can do both.
That's for when I want to use the Motif too.

I'd 'personally' be looking for a slightly more 'elegant' solution for that front cable...

If it were mine, I'd be taking out the top left fixing from the panel and top right from the AxeFX II and feeding the relevant cable through that hole, re-fitting the connector and plugging it in :encouragement: (would even use right angle jacks / plugs too)

In fact, I do just that! ;)

Rackwiring_zpsb759b6c8.jpg

:encouragement:

I used to have a Rane mixer/splitter I think it was an SM6
Thanks for the tip, frankiev. I can't find anything about an SM6, but I did find an SM26. It looks like it'll give the basic functionality I nned if I move around some internal jumpers, but it's a full-width unit (I'm looking for half of that). and it down't give me the full complement of stereo controls. Oh well...

Here's 'my' rig... I say 'my' rig because it houses all the tech for the whole band, sound and lighting!

CoverdRack_zpsd48264ad.jpg

Top to bottom:

MacBook Pro - yep, it works!
New Allen & Heath Qu-16 - utterly brilliant desk!
Dbx DriveRack PA - crossover, EQ and limiting control for our QSC PA
Boss VF-1 - an old multi-FX unit which now does nothing more than fill a half-rack space!
Alesis Trigger I/O - receives signals from our triggered drum kit (acoustic looking, but fully deadened)
Focusrite Saffire Pro40 - audio interface to get the sounds from the MacBook Pro into the mixer
Presonus HP60 - receives four, separate stereo mixes from the Qu-16 and distributes hard-wired stereo in-ear monitor feeds to each band member
TC Helicon VoiceWorksPlus - effects for my vocal
TC Helicon VoiceWorks - was used for backing vocal effects, but now a redundant spare due to the Qu-16's excellent on-board effects
Fractal Audio Axe FX II - my baby!
Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra - my former baby now used by bandmate ;)
Line 6 Bass POD Pro - yep, it may be Line 6, but it produces a great bass tone!
1u Drawer - spare strings, picks, blank set list sheets, pens, tape etc etc

Also housed inside the rack is a USB - DMX lighting unit and an old Seagate portable USB hard-drive for the Qu-16's incredible multitrack recording facility 8)

We wheel it in, hook up three multicores (one for each stage front corner for mics, PA feed and lighting DMX send, the other for drum triggers, drummer's mic & in-ear feed), plug in custom built combined in-ear and guitar cables to the back panel and we're good to go :encouragement:

Here's my current rig as of 7/28/2013 at 10AM (Ha!). It does change frequently, but since getting the Axe Fx 2 and the MFC, I've felt that I'm going to settling into this rig for a long time. Anyways, the Axe and MFC are MkII versions. The cable coil you see in the rack is a 30' FAS11 (Best-Tronics) Ethercon cable.

The black Mission is an EP-1 for input volume, the red is an EP-1 with Spring Load for Wah/Whammy. Loving the "VH for V11" patch!

Atomic CLR Active Wedge. I like the angle it sits right behind my pedalboard. I can stand inches from the front of my pedalboard and it hits my right in the face. Although, this CLR is non-directional, which I can stand all over the room and still hear it clearly!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/guitarist_wo/Fractal/IMG_1825_zps15b30ced.jpg[/IMG]

I've went through many iterations of my rack over the past month. Currently, it's just a Monster Power Pro 2500 and the Axe-Fx II with two blank 1U panels. The empty spot had a Carvin DCM200L power amp in it. I sent it back as it couldn't drown out my drummer. Getting a DCM1540L instead. The rack is a SKB Roto 6U. Love the lightweight but yet very very sturdy and protects the gear well (1SKB-R6W). It has the luggage pull handle and the wheels on it. Although, would rather carry it to keep it from "bumping" around while pulling it. Once I get the 1540 amp in there, I'll weigh it to see how easy it'll be to carry. I also have a brand new 1SKB-R4 4U rack without the pull handle or wheels, in case I want to take the Axe to a gig without the power amp and just use the CLR Active Wedge.

My guitar boat with the rack sitting on an old TV media center stand (fits perfect!). From left to right in the guitar boat: PRS SE Mushok Baritone (silverburst), Fender Jeff Beck body/Carvin Bolt Neck (red sparkle), Squier Strat (black), Carvin CS4 (natural), Parker Fly Deluxe (Emerald burst), Fender Road Worn Player's Strat HSS (worn silver). Each one has their own voice to them and I play them all daily. The Squier has been heavily modded with new electronics and hardware and actually really plays and sounds good! My favorite has to be the Parker. So light and easy to play!

My small tube rig is an Egnater Tweaker 40 head with an OGS Custom 2x12 with Vintage 30 and G12T-75 in it. Love Bruce's amps and how easy it is to get a good tone. I also have a Carvin V3 half stack that's not pictured, that I used to use daily before getting my Axe. This picture also shows my Taylor 314CE, which I adore. I have a Carvin Cobalt 780T jumbo acoustic as well that's not pictured.

Some updates to the rig are in store. I'll be building a patchbay panel in the rear of the rack for plugging cables in. I'm OCD enough that I don't want to continue to plug/unplug into the AFII. I'll also make the wiring long enough to where I can put the patchbay in front of the rack as well.

I'll be building a new pedalboard once I receive the Dunlop Volume X expression pedals this week. I'm going to compare them to my two Missions and keep the ones that work the best. Or keep all four, although having four on the board would be overdoing it IMO. I plan to build one similar to Objector's board.

Last edited:
Well I guess it is time to pop my "Posts" cherry. Hi, my name is Ken and I have GAS.

First off I just want to say thanks for this resource! It is truly an amazing wealth of collective knowledge and talent. You guys rock! :encouragement:

It always seems to change but here are my current setups...

Punish mode:
p1010014.jpg

DAW mode:
IMG_0244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom