best pedalboard for MFC101 and 2 expression pedals???

tvegas99

Inspired
My two furman sp-8 pedalboards have finally bitten the dust, I need help on a new pedalboard for a MFC101 (no power required) and two mission expression pedals, a soft case is a necessity and the lighter the better. I did search the internet far and wide for all of the relative forum discussions but I'm still at a loss...

1- the pedaltrain pro seems like a fave, but at 32" wide, it's about 5-6 inches more than I need (sounds perverted I know) ... stage real estate can be at a premium at times in a 11 piece band, my furman is 26" and occasionally tough to fit on stage

2- the pedaltrain 3 seems like it might be a great fit but at 24" it's gotta be pretty close... seems like the mfc and two mission expression pedals take up exactly 24", does this work... has anyone had success with this model??

3- flat trash 28x16 board would be a heavier more expensive alternative (I think based on their website), but it looks sturdy, well-designed and very capable

Any help from people who have experience with the MFC and 2 or more expression pedals???

I'd love to get the pedaltrain 3 but I'm worried it's too tight of a fit, thanks in advance for any help Fractal!!!

I went with the Trailer Trash Pro 28x16 and love it. My main two concerns were A: it'd be too big for just the MFC and two Mission pedals but the size below it was gonna be to tight of a fit. B: it would be to heavy.

I was really impressed when it arrived. Amazingly lite weight and the extra room really was perfect (for me). I was able to mount things the way I wanted w/o feeling cramped. I even opt'd to space me SP-1’s in a more ergonomic pattern which my large feet like.

I posted pics here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...r-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-22.html#post857847

Last edited:
Hello all, Rooster here w/Trailer Trash Pedalboards
TTrash will soon be releasing our new pedalboard/case combo that has been designed for MFC 101 users -
It is an ATA case style package that is made from super light weight composite, not heavy wood.
Our first size due out around July 1st will fit the MFC 101, 2 XPed's, and room for some stomp boxes
This size flight case/board will weigh approx 17LBS !!! ATA approved flight case and board, 17LBS !!!
(In the world of tour grade cases, this is considered super light)

Then we will release a smaller version that will fit the MFC 101 and (1) XPed
Then we will release a 3rd size that will fit the MFC 101, 3 XPeds and room for some stomp boxes
This entire product line will be made from the same lightweight stuff, as it is our goal to make the
lightest, most durable way to travel with your MFC 101/AxeFx Rig !!!

Here is a quick look at my personal board that was the prototype for the new product.
I have been using this rig for about 6 months now and it is awesome due to the light weight
Stay tuned !!!
photo-2.jpg
photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
TTrash will soon be releasing our new pedalboard/case combo that has been designed for MFC 101 users -
It is an ATA case style package that is made from super light weight composite, not heavy wood.
Our first size due out around July 1st will fit the MFC 101, 2 XPed's, and room for some stomp boxes
This size flight case/board will weigh approx 17LBS !!! ATA approved flight case and board, 17LBS !!!

Then we will release a 3rd size that will fit the MFC 101, 3 XPeds and room for some stomp boxes
This entire product line will be made from the same lightweight stuff, as it is our goal to make the

Here is a quick look at my personal board that was the prototype for the new product.
I have been using this rig for about 6 months now and it is awesome due to the light weight
Stay tuned !!!
View attachment 16259
View attachment 16260
Nice Rooster! The weight of my PedalTrain Pro & flight case is really starting to get to me ... yours sounds like a better alternative and I'll probably go that route when it's available - can't wait!

Stay tuned !!!
View attachment 16259
View attachment 16260

Any idea on price?

I also use the PT-2, but with four Roland EV-5's, and a Bright Onion 4-button switch for scenes 1-4. Everything fits well with just enough wiggle room to be comfortab

Attachments

• 2013-05-13123258_zps18fe9750.jpg
    2013-05-13123258_zps18fe9750.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
I also use the PT-2, but with four Roland EV-5's, and a Bright Onion 4-button switch for scenes 1-4. Everything fits well with just enough wiggle room to be comforta

Hey Poparad - this might be a dumb question, but how do you pull off 4 pedals and the switch box with only 4 inputs in the back of the MFC? Do you run the switch box straight to the Axe over MIDI or something?

New MFC-101 Pedalboard from Trailer Trash

Ok, here are the pics for the new 26x16 - so sorry, we haven't had time to do formal artwork yet... but it's coming :eek:)

photo-2.jpgphoto.jpgphoto-1.jpg
the pics w/ no pedals shows w/ no dog house mounted
The pics w/ the finished board show w/ the 26 x 5 3/4" dog house going across the front
We have made it so you can buy the riser kits and install yourself w/ ease
We have a 16 x 5 3/4" & a 26 5 3/4" available ($20.00 or $25.00 each) - All holes are already there for the mounting,
hardware is pre-installed and then they are covered w/ caps in case you only want the flat board w/ no riser

The board that you mount is mounted to the tray of the ATA case - you can remove the 4 screws from the bottom
and remove the entire wired board within a few minutes - If you had a stomp box board wired, you could drop
this in to the same case within a few minutes. This way, you can have more than (1) pedalboard, but only have
to buy (1) case

The finished board in the pics = Board/ ATA Case 17LBS -
Completely finished as seen in the pics = Board/ATA Case - MFC - 2 Ex Peds - Stomp boxes - PedalPower 4x4 etc.... 43 LBS Total !!!!

This is my personal board, so I tweaked it w/ the TTrash logos - they aren't included on a standard order for the new pedalboard, but
the logo will go on the outside of the ATA Case !!!

Cost for the new board ?? $300.00 + shipping - plz contact us at www.trailertashpedalboards.com and plz call to order - Thx :eek:)

Ok, here are the pics for the new 26x16 - so sorry, we haven't had time to do formal artwork yet... but it's coming :eek:)

View attachment 16647View attachment 16654View attachment 16649
The pics w/ the finished board show w/ the 26 x 5 3/4" dog house going across the front
We have a 16 x 5 3/4" & a 26 5 3/4" available ($20.00 or $25.00 each) - All holes are already there for the mounting,
hardware is pre-installed and then they are covered w/ caps in case you only want the flat board w/ no riser

The board that you mount is mounted to the tray of the ATA case - you can remove the 4 screws from the bottom
and remove the entire wired board within a few minutes - If you had a stomp box board wired, you could drop
this in to the same case within a few minutes. This way, you can have more than (1) pedalboard, but only have
to buy (1) case

Completely finished as seen in the pics = Board/ATA Case - MFC - 2 Ex Peds - Stomp boxes - PedalPower 4x4 etc.... 43 LBS Total !!!!

This is my personal board, so I tweaked it w/ the TTrash logos - they aren't included on a standard order for the new pedalboard, but

Cost for the new board ?? $300.00 + shipping - plz contact us at www.trailertashpedalboards.com and plz call to order - Thx :eek:)

This looks great Cost for the 3 exp pedal one?

What would be cool to have is such a "dog house" (closed on the sides) with a standard 19" 1U
panel mountable on the back side to implement all kind of connectors WITHOUT having to drill
holes in custom plate. Also very easy for servicing then.

to buy (1) case

That's a cool idea.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

I recently bought the Amarhyll from EMMA Electronics. Its great quality both the board and case. Its probably inspired by pedaltrain and many reviews claim it to be better than pedaltrain. The case could be a tad higher since its a bit hard to close, but its not a big deal at all. I bought the biggest one and there is still room for 1 more expression pedal, which i find important because you never now what comes to your mind later on.
pic1.jpg
I really like it and can definitely recommend it.

I wanted to follow up and say the Pedaltrain Pro is what I ended up buying, I'm using three expression pedals and really digging the quality of the pro!

View attachment 16647View attachment 16654View attachment 16649

to buy (1) case

Rooster - this looks great! I need a board like this that would be 34" x 16"... do you make 'em that big?

Back
Top Bottom