Progressive Metal ala Dream Theater, Axe FX II and Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto

soheil

Power User
hi guys :)
just wanted to share our band, "The Frame", new track entitled "A Key to Heaven". We are from Iran and big prog metal music fans. this is a new band that I've joined as the guitar player, though we were friends through the years but never worked with each other in a project ever before. guitars are Ibanez rg7420 seven string and esp horizon tuned down to B for riffs, I've used and EBMM JP6 BFR for leads, ampwise I've used Mesa Dual Recto for rhythm playing and all the cleans and solos recorded by amazing axe fx II. (at the time that i've recorded the riffs i still didn't have the axe...) hope you enjoy it. I will leave the link to the track in soundcloud page and our facebook page as well if someone likes our music and wants to get more info about the band :)

Sound Cloud

Facebook: http://facebook.com/theframeprog

really looking forward to your feedback from you guys :)

Hey, big DT fan here as well.
Very nice song and the DT influence is obvious haha. Great job!
Very good playing too.
Mix wise all is pretty much in balance but it could/should sound bigger.
Write more songs plz ;)

thanks for the kinds words dude :) hopefuly we will. yeah getting a bigger sound is a target for sure

Wow the keyboard patches sound just like Jordan Rudess! Awesome work man!

Yes, totally nailed the JR sound haha!

Nice music! The mix could be better, but I'm sure it'll be once you record the rhythms with the Axe ;) Keep it up!

Glad you liked it guys :) our keyboard player uses kurzweil keystation so i think that's why he sounds close to JR... I am no keyboard expert though...so maybe i am wrong :D and by the way, more feedback and criticisms are welcome :D

Great musicianship,the Dream Theater influence is obvious. That cannot be a bad thing,wishing you the best and looking forward to hearing more.

nice to hear good vocals for a change. very cool. wow Iran, are there any major "limitations" you guys run into, in terms of musical freedoms, expressions, playing metal out etc?

sure we are...actually it's forbidden to play metal in iran, or record it, or play it live...but you know, these rules are stupid and there are lots of talented bands in iran, though they are working kinda underground...if you know what i mean...we do what we love to do, despite everything...

sure we are...actually it's forbidden to play metal in iran, or record it, or play it live...but you know, these rules are stupid and there are lots of talented bands in iran, though they are working kinda underground...if you know what i mean...we do what we love to do, despite everything...

" forbidden to play metal in iran, or record it, or play it live... " now THIS is the most Rock'n'Roll thing I think I've heard in a while! Wow.

I'm not only impressed at clip but I'm impressed at the circumstances you have to work under to produce it!

Well done, really well done bro!

Definitely notice the Scenes from a Memory riffs in there! :) Even your vocalist sounds like LaBrie! So cool! :D

i don't care much for dream theater but just the fact that you guys are not allowed to play metal yet put out a pretty dam good clip here.respect man, dont get caught!

Super awesome man! Come tour America haha. But seriously, great track on all accounts. The only thing I would change is a bit of the sounds. You could make the guitars sound bigger and better. But way to go man!

Back
Top Bottom