New 10.10 firmware thoughts?

Fixed Level parameters not modifiable in Custom Shift mode of Pitch block.
Improved Reverb algorithm. This new algorithm has a smoother tail response and a more natural sound. A new reverb type, “Studio”, has been added which models classic digital studio reverb units.
Increased maximum modulation depth of Reverb block. This results in more intense modulation effects at high Depth settings.
Improved WahWah block. Improved transfer function yields more authentic and fatter tone. The Wah block now features selectable models of actual wah pedals. The “Taper” parameter selects the sweep response. The “Fat” parameter modifies the “pedestal” of the transfer function which can be used to fatten the response. These parameters are set to default values when a model is selected. Currently available models are:
FAS Standard – Equivalent to the “Bandpass” setting in earlier firmware.
Clyde – Based on an original Vox Clyde McCoy wah.
Cry Babe – Based on a Dunlop Cry Baby.
VX846 – Based on a Vox V846-HW handwired wah.
Color-Tone – Based on a Colorsound wah.
Funk – Modeled after the “Shaft” sound.
Mortal – Based on a Morley wah/wolume pedal.
Note: existing presets that use the WahWah block should be reset by selecting or reselecting the desired wah model.
The Amp block now differentiates amps that have both Input Drive and Overdrive controls, i.e. Mesa Mark series, Dumble, etc. When a model is selected for amps of this type, the menu shows both controls. For other types the menu shows only the Input Drive control (which was formerly called simply “Drive”). The Overdrive control defaults to noon when amps with this control are selected. As such, any presets based on these amps may need to be updated as this control was not present previously and the amount of drive may differ now. Note that these two controls are applied to the appropriate point in the circuit for the amp being modeled, i.e. for Dumble-style amps the Overdrive is prior to the last triode stage, in Mesa Mark amps the Overdrive is applied prior to the third triode.
The Boost control has been added to the Advanced tab of the Amp block menu as this control position is used for the Drive control for certain models (see above).
Transformer distortion modeling is now independent of transformer match value. Before the amount of distortion was also dependent on the match value making adjustment more difficult.
Added Classic mode of Carol-Ann TripTik amp model. The previous model has been renamed “TripTik Modern”.
Added TripTik Clean amp model based on Carol-Ann TripTik clean channel.
Added two custom “Thordendal” amp models built to Fredirik Thordendal’s specifications.

I think it is a fantastic update and I hate updating and spending time to tweak afterward, as I have 100 custom presets I've made for our set list.

I pray we are done modifying the amplifiers and the only improvement in amps forth coming is new models.

I'm loving the Clyde, but from a business prospective, I believe adding more wah types will add to the units sales appeal.

I think it is a fantastic update and I hate updating and spending time to tweak afterward, as I have 100 custom presets I've made for our set list.

I pray we are done modifying the amplifiers and the only improvement in amps forth coming is new models.

I'm loving the Clyde, but from a business prospective, I believe adding more wah types will add to the units sales appeal.

That's the plan.

Dont like it,Cant understand why people always try to fix something that ain't broke. Is it possible to reflash back to 10.09,without the risk of damage to my unit?

Thanks for the TripTik Classic :) Can't wait to experiment more with it. As well as for the wahs and much improved reverb :encouragement:

Dont like it,Cant understand why people always try to fix something that ain't broke. Is it possible to reflash back to 10.09,without the risk of damage to my unit?

You can load in any firmware you chose at anytime with no risks other than audible changes to your existing patches.

While there were a few fixes in this upgrade the majority of it was enhancements and/or additions. I can't understand why people would be adverse to such improvements.

It's ALWAYS been possible to revert back to ANY version software.

If you don't like it - so be it - load back v9 or whatever you want.

You can load in any firmware you chose at anytime with no risks other than audible changes to your existing patches.

While there were a few fixes in this upgrade the majority of it was enhancements and/or additions. I can't understand why people would be adverse to such improvements.

I am not adverse to improvements,IMO the amps sounded great in FW 10.09,Just find it strange that one guy complains about reverb and thats addressed yet there are other more important issues.Now all my high gain amps sound like S**T,almost no saturation,way to much treble and this input level /drive thing.Drive yes but input level? Unless they mean input trim no such thing in ax edit unless I missed something.While I really appreciate the updates,how about updating the editor,cause ax edit beta(the only one that works with fw 10) crashes all the time.

I am not adverse to improvements,IMO the amps sounded great in FW 10.09,Just find it strange that one guy complains about reverb and thats addressed yet there are other more important issues.Now all my high gain amps sound like S**T,almost no saturation,way to much treble and this input level /drive thing.Drive yes but input level? Unless they mean input trim no such thing in ax edit unless I missed something.While I really appreciate the updates,how about updating the editor,cause ax edit beta(the only one that works with fw 10) crashes all the time.

Dude - it really sounds like you need to re-install the firmware on your Axe-II. Unless you are solely using the amps that have the new controls, the only thing that should have changed is the terms used. For example: my FAS Modern II patch now reads as input drive instead of drive, but nothing about the sound changed at all with the amp. Also, Axe Edit is not updated to include FW 10.10 controllers. It's probable that the issues you are having stem from the use of Axe-Edit. While a software editor would be awesome, I'm more than happy and getting fast results out of using the front panel solely.

Also, tons of people are stoked about the update to the reverb algorithms and wah updates. You just sound like a wet-blanket kind of troll when you complain the way you are. Alright, back to bed with me.

Reactions: DLM
Ok I installed new firmware 10.10 and just had a few moments to mess with before giving my 4 yr old her math lesson(yes starting early!).

Didnt mess with anything accept tried new 5153 red re-tweak(I upgraded from 10.0). Wow...seems so much more juicy and spot on. Sounds just like real amp. I mean dead nuts on its scary!

Ill try wah and reverb today.

This is why everyone has their own opinion. You're entitled, and so is everyone else.

And here's mine..
If FAS can find a way to model the Bricasti M7 Reverb, I would very well welcome the upgrade!
Anyone care to send one to Cliff? The best hardware reverb I own is the Lexicon PCM91 which sounds great.

One more amp worth considering before closing down the factory is the Tony Bruno Series of Amps

Tony Bruno Custom Amps

Especially the Cowtipper Pro (blackface 6L6)

and his Super 100 (Dumble style)
:)
...I think that's where most people's opinions and wishes might differ... personally, before "closing down" as you called it, I'd love to see models of:

Suhr SL68
Friedman Naked
Carvin X100b
ADA MP-1

...but this is not a wishlist. just saying ;)

It's been a mixed bag for me . since going to 10.10 alot of the presets ive tried to create have sounded quite different . Some for the better some worse . Some high gain patches Ive found disapointingly difficult to dial back to a usable tone . Others like the USA Lead
and Recto vintage Ive been able to get some amazing tones out of with the new drives .
I dont know if these difficulties are due to 10.10 or the fact that ive been dialing in tones, and playing with my axefxII with THE CABINET SIMULATION OFF , for at least the past week - Ya think ?

Quite the tone conundrum at VBM studios .

I don't think he's "closing down" just done with tweaking amps (unless another epiphany happens)... mimic should take care of the rest. Hopefuly we wont have to tweak our amps we love now.

Back
Top Bottom