10.09 - trip-tik: are you kidding me ?

On the driver or on the axe?

On the driver USB streaming mode is on safe, the ASIO buffer size is 2048, and if I recall correctly when I had 10.09 on the front panel of the Axe FX under I/O (audio tab) it said 64 on the buffer. Am I correct in saying v10.06 doesn't have this on the I/O menu?

It's new this time around -- check the Release Notes in the archive you downloaded. It also has some advice there on what to do with the setting.

Thanks guys for all the positive comments!! Much appreciated.

In my opinion there's no better way of trying the amp out in the Axe if you can't get to try the real thing.
Way better than listening to sound clips on the web played by someone else.

Cliff is good friend of mine and lives very close to me. We hang out at my shop once in a while.
He knows more about tube amps than most amp builders. He also owns many of the amps modeled.

He's ordered a Tucana 3 model from me and Im excited to have that one modeled because its my personal fave if everything I build.

Have fun with the Trip guys, and for those who want a little more of a classic twist on it the Trip-r is being modeled at the moment too.

Cheers

Alan Phillips.

since Cliff didn't model the "Classic" setting, I'm guessing it could be achieved with the current "Modern" setting by adjusting a few advanced parameters (Master Trim, Input Trim etc.). maybe Cliff could chime in and point us in the right direction. would really like to hear how "Classic" sounds since I've never played one in real life...

Hi,

Well here's what happens in the real world. As with many things in life sometimes the most simple solutions achieves all the results you are looking for.
The triptiks gain pot is located between the 1st and 2nd overdrive stage. The switch essentially places a resistor in parallel with the pot that brings the pots value down to 10th of what it is in modern mode.
This affects the gain level and reduces it by 50% or so, but it also affects the frequency response by dropping the bass quite a bit and it affects the taper of the pot. One component can completely revoice a channel.

Alan

It's new this time around -- check the Release Notes in the archive you downloaded. It also has some advice there on what to do with the setting.

Ok right now (just streaming audio) it's flickering a lot between about 30% - 70%. I guess that should be okay for now?

since Cliff didn't model the "Classic" setting, I'm guessing it could be achieved with the current "Modern" setting by adjusting a few advanced parameters (Master Trim, Input Trim etc.). maybe Cliff could chime in and point us in the right direction. would really like to hear how "Classic" sounds since I've never played one in real life...

The parameters to change are not exposed to the user. You would need to change the interstage gain and coupling frequency.

Hey all,

I own both, difference is feel, and headroom, triptik is more ballsy, punchy, tripr is sweeter and has more of a bloom factor. Both killer, also the Tucana 3 will be awesome that is a killer amp as well and don't get me started on the Texas 50 which is Warren Haynes in a box (Alan please give Cliff this amp to model :>). Ok back to tweaking to presets and drinking the Carol Ann/AxeFX cool-aid

From reading their website :Carol-Ann Custom Amplifiers, LLC the only difference I see other than the TripR being 35W and the Triptik being either 50W or 100W is the following comment:

The cathode biased design has a slightly softer feel with a little more compression than the higher powered Triptik.

IMHO: it seems like every amp from that company is spectacular in it´s own right. I would very much like to own one of each.

It´s amazing how they sound and feel in the Axe..

Whoa...absolutely stunning amp!! This is one amp that sounds just great with a LOT of different IRs. Right now, 61 and 48 panned to center sound great with the R121 mic. My guitar has an almost vocal quality when doing riffs. Have I said "whoa"? :)

Back
Top Bottom