CAB PACK 2 - Now Available - MAD OAK STUDIO

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Producer Pack Vol 2: Mad Oak Studio is now available. The collection contains over 175 Cab IR files for the Axe-Fx II, Ultra or Standard.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com

These files may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx II using Fractal-Bot, or to the Ultra/Standard with any MIDI SysEx file player.

Axe-Fx II Firmware 10 included a collection of new Factory cab IRs, created through a different approach than previous offerings. Instead of capturing elements for later remix, we asked studio owners with incredible vintage gear collections to give us their best shot the mics/positions/preamps they would use for the discriminating player. Instead of using strict mechanical positioning, mics were placed from experience and blended to taste.

In addition to those mixes, however, these sessions produced a great number of additional IRs, now offered here. These include solo captures of the various mics used to create each mix, plus others which were initially set up but then muted. Together these IRs give you a palette of tones captured from the incredible cabs in the Mad Oak collection (plus a few we brought to the studio with us).

THE MAD OAK COLLECTION:

• 4x12 Cali Lead 80s ("Cliff's Boogie")
  • 4x12 Rumble "Thiele" Cab (with EV12S and EV12L in an X pattern, both captured)
  • 4x12 Late 60s Basketweave 1960-AX
  • 4x12 Early 70s Basketweave 1960-TV
  • 3x10 Vibrato King
  • 1x12 Junior Blues
  • 1x8 Champlifier Blackface
  • 1x8 Vibrato Champlifier
  • 2x12 Pro Verb
  • 2x12 Supremo
  • 1x15 Empire Ported Pine Cab
  • 2x12 '64 Class-A TB 30W (Jensen Silvers)
  • 1x12 Hawaii "28" (3 individual mics only)
  • 1x10 Pro Jr.
  • 1x10 Prince Tone Verb
  • 1x12 Class-A 20W Dlx
  • 1x12 Nuclear Tone (+7 Mics on the REAR of the amp)
  • 2x12 Boutique
  • 1x12 Scumtone 65W (M@'s Detuned "Tone Tools" Cab)
  • 2x12 SV Legend (aka "Cali Leggy")
  • 4x12 Brit 800
  • 4x12 G12 65W (Ryan's '70s British 4x12)

Here's what's included in Cab Pack 2:

- 5 Solo Mics on Each Cab listed above (except where noted)
- Shure SM57, Royer 121, Sennheiser MD421, AKG C414, through vintage 1272 preamps
- Some cabs also include Beyerdynamic M-88, AKG C451, and/or vintage Neumann U67 (slightly back from the cab).
- Any IRs which were used as factory cabs are also INCLUDED in this collection for reference.

The Mad Oak Sessions were produced by P.K. Pandey and Fractal Audio Systems and engineered by Thayer Harris and Benny Grotto.

I may be a bit biased due to the fact that I've been beta testing these, but a good IR stays a good IR and these are definitely worth checking out.
having the Mix versions in the Axe already is great, but getting the single mics is even better. a lot more options for sound sculpting and with cabs fitted to models from the Axe, rather than using a cab that's not even remotely close to the one that would be used in real life, getting this pack is mandatory.

I may be a bit biased due to the fact that I've been beta testing these, but a good IR stays a good IR and these are definitely worth checking out.
having the Mix versions in the Axe already is great, but getting the single mics is even better. a lot more options for sound sculpting and with cabs fitted to models from the Axe, rather than using a cab that's not even remotely close to the one that would be used in real life, getting this pack is mandatory.

Yep, It will have to Wait till Tomorrow, That's when I get Paid. I don't buy stuff unless I have the Cash in Hand first. That's been my rule since i was a teenager, a million years ago...;-)

Yep, It will have to Wait till Tomorrow, That's when I get Paid. I don't buy stuff unless I have the Cash in Hand first. That's been my rule since i was a teenager, a million years ago...;-)
I wish I could say the same,If I waited till I always had cash ,I wouldn't buy anything :D. :encouragement:

All these IR's have inspired me to explore more of my amp options. For a wayward never ending tone hunter (with a attention span of a cat trapped in a yarn factory) these IR's keep my AXE'venture mind consistently blown.

Hey M@...

What speaker was in the 800 cab. T-75's?? Inquiring minds want to know since Marshall used a variety of Celestion's for those cabs.

Thanks man!

You got me on the EVM12ls...
x pattern? tasty?

The Stock 4x12 Cali has been my go to forever, glad Cliff revisits!

Been playing with the Wellspring factory cabs, promising for me!!

Last edited:
I wish there were sound samples of these cabs. I see more volumes coming out in future and would love to select the ones you like and perhaps buy the customized package. :)

Beta tested these. I love the JCM800 cabs, making your own blends from two different mics is just awesome.

The Ac30 Silvers have a huge variety to them. The G-12 65W are another favorite set of mine.

I much prefer getting my own mixes going with 1960 AX and TV, it make thes those cabs much more versatile.

Back
Top Bottom