FW10.6 Cleans (Class A-20/Comet Concourse)

Yek, How do you set up you're Comet for cleans? I lower the input trim to 0.250 but I can't pass the drive by 1 or it will breakup a lot. Am I doing anything wrong?

Yek, How do you set up you're Comet for cleans? I lower the input trim to 0.250 but I can't pass the drive by 1 or it will breakup a lot. Am I doing anything wrong?

I made 2 sounds I used at a jazzish show last weekend. 1 was Komet at well under 1, clean. Other was Komet with a little breakup, just over 1. Both excellent sounds.

I was surprised at how low the drive was, but the sound is great.

Let me see. I have Drive at 1.65. Bass 3, Mid 5, Treble 6.5, Presence 5.
Works for me. But I like my cleans with some grit.

Yeah I liked the second one too - I made a nice clean out of the JTM 45 as well. with the comet you can back off on the guitar vol . and it cleans up nicely

I prefer the first one. More midrange. Second one sounds on its own "cleaner" "clearer", but i think in the mix the bottom end get lost and only the fizzy highend stay and will sound ten overall to thin...

At the end .... it depends on what you`re looking for and whats needed in the mix ...

I prefer the first one. More midrange. Second one sounds on its own "cleaner" "clearer", but i think in the mix the bottom end get lost and only the fizzy highend stay and will sound ten overall to thin...

At the end .... it depends on what you`re looking for and whats needed in the mix ...

I agree

I like both. The first 40 sec of the first but not so much with the bridge pickup. The Comet preset sounded equally good but better with the bridge pickup. I can't say which is better. The comet maybe fuller if that what is needed.

Been gigging with my band, i can tell you that the morgan (1st) sounds way more better in a busy mix. You can hear it cutting perfectly :)

I can't say I really prefer one or the other. Like you say, it entirely depends on the purpose.

I think the best way to make a workable clean is to do it over some of the songs you like the most and that have good cleans, on thing is to achieve a tone alone, with no band and another completely different in a live situation! When even i have ban practice I'm always tweaking my tones and making separate presets and the same thing goes at sound check! I like the second one, but i can almost hear it not cutting in a live band situation...

Back
Top Bottom