FW10 has really F-d UP my Mesa Patches :( ... lot's of work or back to V6???

Says EVERYone whos not a bedroom guitarist and think every patch sounds good.
and most players who have Boogie sounds that were ok and now SHIT.

I have problem users who think/like Mark Day's patch - please - this guy is running his sound thru plugins, eq's, compressors and computer stuff - so obvious
those sounds are unusable live at volume with a rock band
joke
and more so where people like that scott peterson guy say version 7 is 'the best ever' 'sounds like the real thing' then version 10 comes out and they say its so much better and exact and more this more that - I dont get it! they just said version 7 is best/exact now they're saying 10 is like a real amp.
do these peopl own a real amp?

Vai's tech Tom said that vai uses version 4 or 5 and leaves it
good plan by fractal keeping guitariss interested in their products tho!
Couldn't disagree with you more:roll

Last edited:
I'm not sure how accurate the v10 Mesa's are but Cliff did say it as the amp that inspired him to come up with MIMIC? Turn MIMIC off and change triode hardness for previous sounds?

I have problem users who think/like Mark Day's patch - please - this guy is running his sound thru plugins, eq's, compressors and computer stuff - so obvious
joke
and more so where people like that scott peterson guy say version 7 is 'the best ever' 'sounds like the real thing' then version 10 comes out and they say its so much better and exact and more this more that - I dont get it! they just said version 7 is best/exact now they're saying 10 is like a real amp.

Man, that Scott Peterson guy sounds like a dick. He probably never gigs or plays live. Owned a tube amp? He's probably never even heard a tube amp.

;)

I used to love my tones... Back Version 6 on the II and even had great results on the Ultra.
Check my IIC+ and Mesa Mark IV videos below and I have a real Mark V to reference off too...

Nice solo tone, for sure.

I also have a Mark V for reference and I LOVE the Mark sounds in FW10. Plugging in the Mark IV amp into the return of my Mark V, if I didn't know which one was running through, I would not be able to tell the difference with just my ears. Recorded sounds are great too.

I think the deal with all the FW10 complaining is because the amp controls are interactive now and behave like the real amps. Also, the amp sounds aren't idealized anymore. Spending some time with it and dialing it in just like your Mark V should yield identical results now. For what it's worth, I didn't think FW7 was all that special. In fact, I sold my first AxeII at that time because I didn't like it at all. For me, FW10 is the shiznit. If you don't like it, no sweat. Just roll back.

Some of the guys who put some cool clips up - I asked for their patches - they sent - but they "didn't work" - so I'm a bit suspicious on what they're really using

I don't know about you, but I've NEVER had luck with anyone else's patches on ANY modeler. Much the same as I've never had luck plugging into anyone else's already tweaked real amp rig and sounding like they do. I look at patches as instructive material more than an exact recipe for good tone. So when people ask for patches, I usually am reluctant to share because it's doubtful they'll have the same results as I do.

Well personally I'm having the same issues. Used rectos forever and now I've just gone to a different amp. I hope cliff eventually models the triaxis lead 1 red mode that has the recto board and no fat mod. That is a great recto sound, smooth, clear, chunky, not buzzy or flabby. For now I'm looking at other amp models.

Karl is spot on here. I have yet to open up a single patch and not say "Wow. I'm going to change a lot of stuff" right from the get-go. Nolly and Bulb's patches were probably the closest I found with a high-gain tone.

I guess different strokes for different folks, because I'm pretty darn happy with the Rectifier models now, especially the recto red. I do use some pretty heavy-handed drive settings in front of the amp, but I find I'm getting that crushing tone that I couldn't quite get before with the model. It's thick. It's juicy. It's meaty. I actually find I can start getting some of the Adam Jones sounds that I like with this amp now.

And, FWIW, I'm pretty sure every person on this forum has to have at least one "Rage at Scott Peterson" moment before they can have a catharsis. So we know that this forum member is very close to self-actualization! :D

joke

Wow-Bedroom guitarists slam really stinks-how high is that horse your on-I play in a bedroom Home Studio-Been playing 35 years-but what would I know-according to you-You are the man-you are the best-you are, you are.

@ mofo: yeah right, it was the vh4.
Of course a patch created by somebody else will sound different when we play through it, it is a different person playing, it HAS to sound different. And too bad that neither Mark not Scott uploaded patches with "our" sounds yet, how could they fail so bad in this... ;-) Fact is, if you have a certain sound in your head, you will have to dial it in yourself, nobody else is going to do that for you. If you had that sound with whatever fw, cool, if you don't have it anymore with fw 10, we'll, keep tweaking, or if you don't feel like doing this, roll back and enjoy your sound. Just stop bitching at others.

I'm not sure how accurate the v10 Mesa's are but Cliff did say it as the amp that inspired him to come up with MIMIC? Turn MIMIC off and change triode hardness for previous sounds?

Neosound - def gota try that.
Is that what you've done with success???
I really wana have my V6 sounds or better but with everything else that comes with 10!
Has anyone else tried?
I was thinking it was me not nailing the cab sounds or needing to tone match smarter or apply a separate eq/graphic - tried everything and so far all results point to the sims just being tonally a different sound/colour!
not sure if i can bf'd updating back to 10 then back again then again back lol

Great to know Karl you've had great luck - love to hear yr results.

Mark Day's patches are cool - bit bass/distortion/reverb/delay and facial happy for me LOL
Scott's cool too - I think we've often liked each others videos!!!
Thanx man :)

Neosound - def gota try that.
Is that what you've done with success???
I really wana have my V6 sounds or better but with everything else that comes with 10!
Has anyone else tried?
I was thinking it was me not nailing the cab sounds or needing to tone match smarter or apply a separate eq/graphic - tried everything and so far all results point to the sims just being tonally a different sound/colour!
not sure if i can bf'd updating back to 10 then back again then again back lol

Great to know Karl you've had great luck - love to hear yr results.

Mark Day's patches are cool - bit bass/distortion/reverb/delay and facial happy for me LOL
Scott's cool too - I think we've often liked each others videos!!!
Thanx man :)

Lenny... When you say FW10 what version? Have you updated with 10.5? I ask because you say you are tone matching and there was some quirkiness with tone matching and the initial 10.0 release.

I know pickups as well as IRs change the sound as well. Perhaps swapping out the guitar to see if it changes at all? Not saying it's a solution, but there are some presets I don't care for with a particular guitar at all. 2 cents.

My favorite lead patch has always been with the Recto Red all the way back to the Ultra. With v10 I leave mimic on but adjust a few other personal favorite amp settings. I've also became addicted to Ownhammer v2 Ir's which help get a sound I prefer (sounds less filtered to me) IMHO :)

@ mofo: yeah right, it was the vh4.
. If you had that sound with whatever fw, cool, if you don't have it anymore with fw 10, we'll, keep tweaking, or if you don't feel like doing this, roll back and enjoy your sound. Just stop bitching at others.

I'm not sure about the II but I know mark day used to do some tweaks with the global eq on the ultra and if you didn't do those with his patches , the sound is def gonna be off
I'm guessing most people missed the threads where he went into that and just downloaded the patches

I'm not sure why some people are so uptight with constructive criticism or call it bitching etc?!?! (maybe sometimes the tone from some posters isn't the best)
when FW10 rolled out quite a few people commented tone matching wasn't working correctly, lo and behold it got fixed
A few guys commenting on IRs sounding different and finding out a few got remixed and maybe the old ones would be able to be downloaded in the future
a few guys made posts on the VH4 not being to there liking and cliff was going to look into it.
maybe something similar happened with the rectos?

how are you supposed to improve something without feedback?

In case you are referring to my post, don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Actually you need this form of feedback if you want to improve something, I absolutely agree with you. But as you mentioned, sometimes the tone of some people is just wrong, and their posts don't have anything constructive anymore, this is what I called bitching, specially if those posts are only attacking other people.

Back
Top Bottom