FW10 has really F-d UP my Mesa Patches :( ... lot's of work or back to V6???

Hey mate, I'd love to give it a try...
Did u have any sound samples?
But it's not just the Mesa sounds - it's my Marshall/Brown tones too.
AND
I need them both :(
The Cleans seemed to have improved, but I've tone matched my Twin on previous versions - and it sounds funky as
Check my main clean here:

If it ain't broke - prob best to leave it!

yeah... I'm mainly having similar problems like what other forum users are saying with the USA Lead sims.
And I test all my sounds in the box, on monitors, against my real amps, at the gigs in Full nightclub setups
See a sound check example here:

And did spend a heap of time...
And now resorted back to V6 :(

Guys, just calm down. There are tons of topics on this board about the v10 Rectifier, many people are having problems with it. Some have been able to fix those problems after going through those topics, others haven't. But whatever you might say here, no matter how much you dislike the "new" Rectifier, v10 won't change over night. If you are depending on a rectifier patch, either read all the advice given here on this board and try to fix your sound, try some other amps and see if you can get your sound with those models, or simply roll back. You could just wait for v11 and check out the Rectos again, to see if they changed, but for now complaining won't change anything. Just to make this clear, I agree with you, I also think that the v10 Rectifier sounds worse than previous versions, and I am not talking about a not so polished sound, I think the new version sounds wrong, at least it for sure doesn't sound like my real Rectifiers (and I own a couple). Using the "right" cabs improves the sound a lot, but still I could not fully get "my" sound. So for now I am just not using rectifiers anymore, there are tons of options in the Axe fx. Cliff mentioned something about sending some high Gain amp (forgot which one) through the mimic again cause many user thought it sounded wrong, so I just wait and see if the Rectifier gets this treatment as well, if not, we'll, we will either have to live with it or roll back. No firmware will ever please everybody.

SAYS WHO???????????

Says EVERYone whos not a bedroom guitarist and think every patch sounds good.
and most players who have Boogie sounds that were ok and now SHIT.

I have problem users who think/like Mark Day's patch - please - this guy is running his sound thru plugins, eq's, compressors and computer stuff - so obvious
those sounds are unusable live at volume with a rock band
joke
and more so where people like that scott peterson guy say version 7 is 'the best ever' 'sounds like the real thing' then version 10 comes out and they say its so much better and exact and more this more that - I dont get it! they just said version 7 is best/exact now they're saying 10 is like a real amp.
do these peopl own a real amp?

Vai's tech Tom said that vai uses version 4 or 5 and leaves it
good plan by fractal keeping guitariss interested in their products tho!

I don't really see how flaming others should improve your sound, or how talking bad about other people's patches should help you. And I also don't see why you should not be able to stick with whatever previous firmware if it works for Steve Vai. As far as I know we are not forced to update and use the most recent firmware, are we?

I have problem users who think/like Mark Day's patch - please - this guy is running his sound thru plugins, eq's, compressors and computer stuff - so obvious
joke
and more so where people like that scott peterson guy say version 7 is 'the best ever' 'sounds like the real thing' then version 10 comes out and they say its so much better and exact and more this more that - I dont get it! they just said version 7 is best/exact now they're saying 10 is like a real amp.

Get your facts right. Mark Day used his presets in a live band and he works at Tone Merchants where he has access to the most desirable amps, every day. Scott's gear history (real amps) is well documented, and he also performs a lot.

See what Marcus Siepen already wrote.

joke

I just want to mention that people are different in many ways. So some maybe get crazy about something more easily than others? And well, opinions can change over time, at least if one isn't completly learning resistant.

Well then use version 4 or 5 for now?

Before I got my Axe I totally thought: "OMFG, I so want/going to play the Mesas". But to be honest, at the moment I mostly play the FAS6160 and I like it/the tone very much.

Just my 2c,. ;)

I'm not a Mesa Boogie guy myself, but Cliff sure is. He knows first hand how a Boogie should sound and I can't fathom why he would do a lousy job of mimic-ing his triaxis preamp which he's used for many usa lead/clean simulations. Hence I'm convinced that your discontent is based on the wrong choice of IRs. It's important to know that some IRs were refurbished for Version 10, so choosing the same IRs you've chosen before 10 came out might not yield the same results.

@Siepen: It's the Diezel VH4 he wants to put through the MIMIC process again.

@LennyD: The stuff you're doing is great! On a more funny note, you remind me a bit of Sacha Baron Cohen :)

Last edited:
The recto has been probably the most reworked amp since even the ultra days. (When IMO it was its best on FW11 lol)
If its one of your main go to amps, well I share your pain.

And I agree with the continous raving about every update would almost mean that the earlier versions didn't sound good in comparison.
Always pays to check out the clips of the ones raving and you be the judge.

By the sounds there won't be much changes amp wise now that MIMIC is here so I took that as a sign to roll back and be done with it.

haha Mojo!
Your not the first person to say that.
On the forum here Ive been called a bunch of things from my live videos!
great topic tho.
Im sure verasion 10 is amazing for some, but I tried everything in all environments, but just not happening for me - that is all!

do these peopl own a real amp?.......

im still working on the Mark amps as well and making progress....not quite there yet, however Triaxis yellow is the bomb!

However, you are seriuosly doing an injustice to Mr. Peterson.

Scott is referring to ...up to a certain point....I don't feel like he is saying it is "Exact"!
He is saying it is greatly improved in certain aspects over previous fw.

V7 was a huge improvement and he raved about it like many of us.
He raved about v10 in the same way as it is a huge drastic improvement as well.
Scott knows perfectly well that "exactness" is a personal and subjective adjective.

We should be more liberal and take things with a grain of salt.... but I admit I get excited when rave reviews come out but I also know how to relate to this excitement as again this is subjective.

No doubt Cliff and FAS will continue to improve this awesome machine and again a more "exact" term description will surface.

I find Scott's imput quite on the mark! ....many of us appreciate his generousity and "selfless" contributions something to grateful for.

thanks Scott! ....& to the others who give unselfishly! We all know who they are!

Yeah Reclavea
Really keen to hear how ppl have had great luck with Mesa "Yellow"
I tried and even matched A/B'd with all my Mark V modes... but no deal :(
Some of the guys who put some cool clips up - I asked for their patches - they sent - but they "didn't work" - so I'm a bit suspicious on what they're really using
lol
But fair enough being secretive on sounds - a bit personal!

Back
Top Bottom