Going to see Joe Bonamassa this Friday - Boston Wang Theater

GuitarMan86

Power User
I'm pretty psyched to go to this show.....anyone in my area going to this show?

Would love to meet him and check out a rig rundown first hand! Haha ;)

I've seen Bonamassa on both of his headlining tours down under (even interviewed him for a local music rag, but that's another story). He's an incredibly humble guy with a spectacular feel for showmanship. It doesn't hurt that his live chops are second to none either. You're in for a real treat!

I've caught Joe at both his Australian tours too... Been lucky enough to get onto the 'Meet and Greets' just after his soundchecks.

The first time, the M&G was actually back stage, and after saying hello to the 3 or 4 of us waiting for him, he took us all on a tour of his gear, which was totally awesome. Showed us his '59 burst and his pedalboard etc. He is a really down to earth guy, and a real guitar geek. Totally pleasant and humble. It was like hanging with a guitar buddy in a pub. Not sure why he always cops a bad rap on some forums for being 'arrogant' or 'aloof'. He is anything but.

Some pics from the casual backstage tour:

5770628736_618e9f5934_z.jpg

5770623122_17c5e65c37_z.jpg

5770083179_9d6d7308fa_z.jpg

5770091591_8627289580_z.jpg

^^^ These were at his first full Australian tour. The best part? When I met him again a year later, he actually remembered my name !!

Just bought my tickets for his Houston, Texas show in November. Looking forward to seeing him for the first time.

I would love to chat gear with him.....such a phenomenal payer! Really looking forward to the show. My first opportunity to see him live. If anyone is catching this show feel free to pm me if you'd like to meet up and chat Axe ;)

JB in Phoenix

Saw him in Phoenix recently...same old thing, it seems, every time with this guy - awesome playing, great performance, humble and enthusiastic stage persona, a lineup of super cool guitars, amps and sounds...also, in the third row - plexiglass in front of the amp speakers, sound was perfect volume - balanced, loud enough, but nary a drop of blood from my ears, side men tremendous talents, sheesh what else?

Ok, I managed to setup a photobucket account so I should post a couple here.....

I used a Sony Cybershot HD 20x zoom camera that I brought in with me to get these nice shots from row Z! Lol I took about 90 shots during the performance.

Btw...he invited Gary Hoey up to pay a tune with him....another great guitarist as well! Enjoy!

DSC00746_zps5b386b2a.jpg
DSC00718_zps4780c98a.jpg
DSC00762_zps0ecf078e.jpg
DSC00737_zps4b780be0.jpg
DSC00715_zps335e1dbc.jpg
DSC00698_zpsbe0026bb.jpg

Joe is carrying the torch these days for the big venue guitar god thing... love seeing that back line of amps on one of your shots. I'd love to play some of his Gibson collection through his rig in person.

Joe is carrying the torch these days for the big venue guitar god thing... love seeing that back line of amps on one of your shots. I'd love to play some of his Gibson collection through his rig in person.

Yeah, I was admiring the many guitars he swapped out during the night. Such a collection of vintage gear. And yes, that back line of amps sounded sweet. He was wearing IEM's and had the plexi in front of them and it sounded so good to FOH.

I caught the Albert Hall show on Sky HD a couple weeks ago and one of the things which struck me - beyond Joe's playing and singing of course - was the fact that he used a John Petrucci signature guitar for one of the opening songs

Kinda refreshing to see that even as an outstanding artist in his own right, he looks beyond the "it's all about me" crap :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom