Dear Fremen :)

Lol guys :) FYI, here’s where I’m at now, with a little overview about how I proceed :

First, I tested all three V10 factory banks, and added “V10” in the filename of those I want to keep, often with some adjustments. I put all those selected files in a temporary bank called “V10 A B C best of.syx”. I almost filled that bank, that’s much more stock presets than what I kept before…

I then loaded this bank in my Axe’s bank B. With AxeManage, I opened two windows, one of this “best of” bank and one of my Bank C, to quickly compare each V10 preset to the stock presets I already had (classics like “Stratosphere” or “Organic”, “amp only” presets from bank A…). Sometimes I kept the V10 version, in some cases I had tweaked the amp of the V9 preset a lot and liked my version better, although most of the time I did an amp reset to see what it does.

I'm done with this for my bank C, in which I deleted many presets to make place for new ones from the “best of V10” bank. I’ve just started doing the same comparison exercise for my bank B. There’s many presets from other users in that bank (which contains hi gain and blues/fusion presets) and resetting the amp doesn’t work all the time ; when I’m too far off the original sound, I prefer to disregard the preset.

When this will be done, I'll move the presets from the "V10 A B C best of.syx" at the correct places in my banks B & C like I always do, by amp model, sound types, etc

I’ll then test all V10 presets uploaded by users on AxeChange, and keep/tweak those that works for me.

Now regarding my bank A, presets I use with my band live, I've updated some of them only, not all, only those I needed for a rehearsal last week-end. These are temporary updates though, I need to take more time on most of them to really explore the new modelling, added parameters etc. I plan on doing it amp by amp with the models I use the most, but also explore amps I didn’t use that much before.

I also have some special effects ideas which I need to explore a little bit, and a gazillion of IRs/IRs mixes to test (the two V 2.1 OwnHammer cabs, Silent Underground studio IRs, and many more)

So all this will take many weeks to complete, but I’ll probably upload an interim backup version of my banks in the meantime.

Greatly appreciate all the time it will take......looking forward to trying them out.
Thank you.

Part trois :

Was sleeping, or trying to (it's 2:06 AM here) when I got this idea, and had to test it immediately ! Scenes 2-5 controls the 4 "ebow" notes. The timing is not good, but hey, live, I'll play it "look ma, no hands" style and send an sms : "Wazaaaaaa ? whatyoudoing ? Here, having a Bud, playing with dat band..."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom