Help with a few things for a noob!

FantomasXD

Inspired
Hey guys, just a few quick questions i cant seem to find an answer for...

Plugging my computer speakers into the L output of the axe Fx only plays the sound through the left speaker (same thing happens if i switch it to the R output) Same thing also happens if i plug my headphones in the same sockets. i have gone into the I/O section on the face of the axe and tried changing the output 1 mode but i still get the same result. so i am a bit confused. i just want the sound to come out of the left and right speakers!

Also, in the forums how can i keep track of the threads i post? once i click submit new thread do i have to go searching for it all the time or can i be notified if someone replies?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Probably your computer speakers, have a single TRS stereo type plug. If you plug this into the Output Left or Right there is only a single feed through there. The same will be experienced plugging headphones into those outputs.

You either need a splitter to plug the speakers into that then is split so that you can plug into Output left and right.

Or plug the computer speakers into the headphone socket which is stereo.

But to get the best out of the Axe FX you will need to get something a little better than computer speakers, such as studio monitors.

TRS to two TS Image.

CMP-153_0008-365e0d528e3779f7fdfbdcf6f0acaec2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I am on the waiting list for a powered atomic wedge from Independent Music Australia so i'm trying this in the mean time!

I'm guessing if i plug into the headphone socket, playing drums through EZdrummer wont come through the speakers like they do from the output in the back of the axe?

Hey you can find your posts by cliking your forum name at the top of the window where is says: Welcome, FantomasXD ;)

You are a legend thank you! i thought it would be simple. Does my reply notify you or is there a certain way that you can notify people you posted talking to them specifically, a la @CyrielLenting haha. Cheers mate

You are a legend thank you! i thought it would be simple. Does my reply notify you or is there a certain way that you can notify people you posted talking to them specifically, a la @CyrielLenting haha. Cheers mate

Haha you're welcome.
As far as I know, I don't get a notification (but I'm also new to this forum as well).

Cheers mate

Unless a person subscribes to a thread and ask for notifications, any reply you give to them you in your thread they will not automatically see it.

If someone helps and gives a reply that is useful, if you Like, the response the user is notified via Notifications automatically.

If you only plug into a headphone socket, the signal coming through there is the left and right channel. On the rear outputs left and right are split across separate physical sockets.

Have a look at the connections part of the manual.

I also updated an earlier part of the thread with an image of TRS to two 1/4" TS cables.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I am on the waiting list for a powered atomic wedge from Independent Music Australia so i'm trying this in the mean time!

I'm guessing if i plug into the headphone socket, playing drums through EZdrummer wont come through the speakers like they do from the output in the back of the axe?

With one Atomic, you will need to sum output L + R. As without two you would not be able to get a stereo image. By summing L + R, if the atomic is plugged into L it will also get the signal that would normally just go to R.

Back
Top Bottom