2013 Grammys in 10 words or less

Zombies have more appeal than force fed low cal ear candy

Grammy's are not about music but about the music "industry".

New "Walking Dead" was the more important watch.

this is where I get seriously jealous.....

cos we don't get NHL on tv here...
sure it's on Sky.. pay thru the nose per view..
I think it's about a squillion quid a month...

ahh... yeah... and

GO STARS ! ! ! !
who are incidently completely failing at going so far....

this is where I get seriously jealous.....

cos we don't get NHL on tv here...
sure it's on Sky.. pay thru the nose per view..
I think it's about a squillion quid a month...

ahh... yeah... and

GO STARS ! ! ! !
who are incidently completely failing at going so far....

Not to hijack :) ... sorry to hear about you NHL/Stars woes clarky. I'm fortunate over here, paying $50.00 (NHL Center Ice/HD) for the rest of the Season. Smokin' deal considering it's $200. reg. for the full season. (NHL's way of saying, "sorry for the bullshit" I guess)... I love talking hockey! :D

Last edited:
and to get a lil' assist in your hijack... lmao
yeah... ya win some lose some....
our last couple of seasons have not exactly been epic..
in fact, we've not had a good season since we made the conference final.. which is a while ago..
in the words of Arnie "we'll be back"

50 bux... jeez... that's awesome..
there's an outside chance that I'll make it over to my beloved Texas before the season's out...
fingers crossed

on the up side...
my UK team [Sheffield Steelers] are having a pretty good season
and it looks like it's going to be close right to the finish line..

I was just thinking how much fun someone from Anonymous could have if they hacked the computer that controlled Underwood's dress!

I went to the holocaust museum this weekend. My entire weekend after that consisted of trying to learn about Germany prior to 1933. I have no idea why this became so important to me, but I can guarantee that it was much more productive and much more intriguing than a contest about the music industry.

... considering the thread topic and what the Grammies have wasted into, (yawn)... this thread could use a good derail/hijack. :p

I've been without TV, by choice, for over 8 years. Seriously. No cable coming into the house except for internet purposes. We'll rent a movie now and again. I can't relay how great it is and subsequently odd for other people to fathom. I highly recommend it.

So ... Grammys? We don't need no stinking Grammys.

I've been without TV, by choice, for over 8 years. Seriously. No cable coming into the house except for internet purposes. We'll rent a movie now and again. I can't relay how great it is and subsequently odd for other people to fathom. I highly recommend it.

So ... Grammys? We don't need no stinking Grammys.

Do the words Honey Boo Boo mean anything to you?

TBH, I had to do a search (www.ixquick.com .... f*** google) for 'Honey Boo Boo'. My only experience with those characters is through /b/ and that's not saying much. After watching a few tidbits from the show, I rest my case. ;)

... considering the thread topic and what the Grammies have wasted into, (yawn)...

Hate to play the age card here, but if anything the Grammys were even less relevant in the 70s and 80s than they are today.

Back then they were weren't even broadcast on TV. Even when Michael Jackson was at his peak.

The Grammys are voted on by people who peaked professionally at least twenty years earlier. Hence in 1966 when the Beatles released the White Album, the Grammy for Record of the Year went to "A Taste of Honey" by Herb Alpert. The year of Bohemian Rhapsody it went to "I honestly love you".

I have the same reaction from people when they ask me for my cell phone number, and I say "I do not have a cell phone, have not had one for 4 years". The blank stare of amazement is priceless.

The only redeeming performance, was the one honoring Levon Helms, they rocked it. That chick from Alabama Shakes was pretty good as well. it's Music folks, it might not be your music, nor mine, but it's music none the less. I will be in Austin texas in a few weeks time for SXSW listening to a bunch of new musicians and some old, I can't wait.

Hate to play the age card here, but if anything the Grammys were even less relevant in the 70s and 80s than they are today.

Back then they were weren't even broadcast on TV. Even when Michael Jackson was at his peak.

The Grammys are voted on by people who peaked professionally at least twenty years earlier. Hence in 1966 when the Beatles released the White Album, the Grammy for Record of the Year went to "A Taste of Honey" by Herb Alpert. The year of Bohemian Rhapsody it went to "I honestly love you".

cool...
so maybe the year of Justin Timberlake needs to go to JS Bach

Back
Top Bottom