Guess What Amp I Just Bought

Years ago the vintage tweed Bassman became my holy grail. I recruited some help to build a clone. After MANY man-hours (research, Ebay parts ordering, build time) it all came together and sounded great. I was all proud of myself that it only cost about $1000 whereas decent vintage originals were selling for 5 or 6 grand at the time.

Yeah, I was stupid then. I can see now that, had I dropped 5 grand on the vintage one it would be worth at least double now. Meanwhile I'd be lucky to get 500 bucks for my clone if I tried to sell it.

I dunno man. I buy my instruments to play them, not because they'll appreciate in value. You're clone and the vintage amp are both worth $0 dollars until you sell it, and who sells something they love?

Wow! You are now in a very exclusive club! I know lots of folks who have Dumble clones but folks I know who have actually owned or even played an actual Dumble I could count on one hand... if I lost all of my fingers.

I'm not one for brand/model fanboyism/elitism (sorry, Cliff) so I don't really get caught up in that stuff but the rarity of these really make them conversation starters.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

He never said he'll model it. Maybe he just wants to have one.

Yeah... Right... I was just getting ready to laugh out loud. That's like saying, Bill Gates won't come out with another virus...er'... I mean version of Windows "IF" he ever bought Apple. :lol

Last edited:
Just wondering who the original owner was, the person deemed "worthy?" And how this particular amp was made to meet his/her style/specifications?

Perfect succinct summary of 10,000 posts and "stories" about Dumble. Only thing I could add is a short list of some of the most famous players: Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, SRV, John Mayer, Sonny Landreth, and Carlos Santana.

Those guys get good serious tone from a Dumble, but David Lindley makes it fun:

Back
Top Bottom