AXE-FEST 2012 UNITED KINGDOM - Nov 5th-6th - Oxfordshire

Scott P just posted that the Axe-West gig had audio gremlins during the FRFR shoot out and have pulled the video. So it's down to you guys to try and keep the beer out of the mic when doing that bit.

Have a good fest

just got back from the fest....

what a total blast......
had a great time...

and of course it's always great fun to meet forum folk face to face...

and thanks to Octatonic... I now seriously feel the need to start some experiments with the looper...
that stuff he was coming up with was simply astonishing...

just got back from the fest....

what a total blast......
had a great time...

and of course it's always great fun to meet forum folk face to face...

and thanks to Octatonic... I now seriously feel the need to start some experiments with the looper...
that stuff he was coming up with was simply astonishing...

So are there any photos besides the ones on Facebook?

It was good to meet everyone yesterday, some interesting stuff discussed by Clarky and Octatonic, Paul Mapp etc.

Thanks to NiceChris for organising the event...

Great fun at the Fest yesterday, seriously inspired by the looping and soundscapes demo. Shame we couldn't get AxeEdit to play nicely but a great day none the less. Thanks to everyone involved with organising.

I would like to echo that - great job by all involved in the organising (Chris had to go before saying cheerio so apologies), demos and general chit chat - I really enjoyed the day, and got lots of useful pointers (especially Paul on the global eq settings). Hope you all had a great jam! Cheers Gilesy

Great to meet everyone yesterday and I'm pleased people enjoyed the presentations.
Clarky's morphing approach has been a revelation and yes I'm about to re-do all my patches to incorporate some of the ideas.
Amazing stuff.

Big thanks to Chris for organising, Matrix and G66 for supporting it and everyone who turned up to make it such a great day.

See you all next year eh? :)

Jim

Last edited:
Agree with the comments so far. Lovely day out, great to finally put some faces to names and some awesome presentations from all involved and lovely to chin-wag with so many people too.

Great to see how in-depth some guys have gotten with controlling their rigs and getting their tones, yet how they've still kept to an uncomplicated approach to setting amps and cabs (i.e. no need to twiddle like nuts with advanced parameters) to dial them in. FRFR shootout was good fun... I'm sure there will be full details of that later today!

Massive thanks to NiceChris and Mapps for organising, to Matt from Matrix for the audio support (what a nice dude!), G66 for the support and to NiceChris for hosting (and his lovely mum for the food and hospitality. Chris - I had a great chat with her during beer number 3 and found out all-sorts about you as a kid.. tut tut!)

Sukh

Killer day. So great to meet the forefront of our UK Axe-FX family face-to-face; what fantastic and knowledgable guys you all are!

From myself and the boys in Warhorse; a giant thankyou and eager anticipation for the next get together!

Personally; many, many thanks to Chris and family for creating a time and place (plus friendly faces and grub!), and also a big thanks to new friends found in Sukh, Clarky, Jim and Paul- you guys have helped me countless times on the forum without realising, and continued that trend yesterday.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend and I'm sure our paths will cross again soon.

Stay well,

Jim.

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. Pics or it didn't happen! :)

At Axe Fest West, above all the info being shared I found meeting people and putting faces to forum names was truly special.

Kudos to Chris and all those who took the time to organize your event.

I'd like to echo the above statements about a great day in the uk axe fest. Very imformative, interesting & pleasant afternoon with beer & food thrown in! Nice to meet you guys, wish I could of stayed for the jam. May be next year?
Paul

Ps thanks to Sukh for the free loop labels.

Last edited:
I'd like to echo the above statements about a great day in the uk axe fest. Very imformative, interesting & pleasant afternoon with beer & food thrown in! Nice to meet you guys, wish I could of stayed for the jam. May be next year?
Paul

Ps thanks to Sukh for the free loop labels.

my pleasure dude - nice to meet you!

Matt from matrix took loads of pics, though I don't know yet if there all on facebook. Hopefully he'll post here too. I have a couple on my phone, but they won't upload while I'm on the go. Currently on a ferry back to the emerald isle. I'll get them up tomorrow.

Once again, great to meet everyone, all such nice guys. Thanks again to Chris and his patents for loan of the venue, food and hospitality. James for some stunning looper soudscapes, and clerky for his morphing ideas. Great weekend.

I will save some thoughts for tomorrow on the frfr thing as I process them - as I got chance to dial some patches in Sunday as well.

A couple of things though.

1. Sukh, I need those mk2 labels dude, there fantastic.
2. Let it be known, trying to follow clerkys fingers while playing bass on the jam is blinkin impossible. Great fun trying though.

Last edited:
Matt from matrix took loads of pics, though I don't know yet if there all on facebook. Hopefully he'll post here too. I have a couple on my phone, but they won't upload while I'm on the go. Currently on a ferry back to the emerald isle. I'll get them up tomorrow.

Once again, great to meet everyone, all such nice guys. Thanks again to Chris and his patents for loan of the venue, food and hospitality. James for some stunning looper soudscapes, and clerky for his morphing ideas. Great weekend.

I will save some thoughts for tomorrow on the frfr thing as I process them - as I got chance to dial some patches in Sunday as well.

A couple of things though.

1. Sukr, I need those mk2 labels dude, there fantastic.
2. Let it be known, trying to follow clerkys fingers while playing bass on the jam is blinkin impossible. Great fun trying though.

Thanks man - and so nice to meet you! I had some great feedback over the day that also confirmed to me that I should release with some options I had intended to offer at the start, but was considering bypassing due to time pressure. I'm holding off launch for another week to get the new options worked out, but really glad you got a chance to check out the V2 labels and really pleased you liked them.

Your rig sounded killer man! Looking forward to the report and the pictures. Safe journey home matey :)

So are there any photos besides the ones on Facebook?

I took a camera....
then got chatting / playing / presentation / more chatting and playing...

driving home I realised I took exactly no pics...
this is because I am a complete div..

there was however a fella wandering around with a camera taking pics...
well I think it was a camera.... although I'm not sure if the lens on it was a 16 foot reflector or a radio telescope...
so there may not be many pics of the fest, but we may have some rather nice shots of the Orion Nebula and a few Quasars

Back
Top Bottom