OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Oh my....I just downloaded a couple of these. What a difference. Thank you for these. They totally rock!

Any news on the release of V2 packs?

I'm working on the first one now, it will take a little longer than the others because of all the unknowns, trial and error, script building, Nebula program xml creation, getting in a groove of step sequences, yada yada yada. I've also needed to revamp the original concept for the difference between the voicings. In Nebula where harmonic distortion and other non-linearities are translated you can easily tell a difference between outboard hardware changes. With Convolution Reverb and derivatives those kind of changes are almost negligible in audio comparison at moderate listening levels, so I've had to find ways to exaggerate the differences by throwing in about a half dozen variable changes between them just to make them different enough to be worthwhile and fit the original vision of the sounds. All this stuff takes time, it's never just a snap of the fingers, so my previous projection for the release date for the first library was a little ambitious. It is going well though, just really, really laborious...

Once I get to a point that I have time to do so, maybe I'll do a couple quick audio demos of a couple of things.

Also, cat out of the bag time, the first library will be the 412-GTR Bogner 12M (4x12 Bogner cabinet with Celestion G12M-20 speaker option). Unless I change my mind, which is always a possibility and happens more often than it doesn't, this will be the order of the first batch of libraries:

412-GTR Bogner 12M
412-GTR Mesa V32
212-GTR Shiva JBB
112-GTR Thiele 12L
412-GTR Bogner V31
212-GTR Shiva G65
412-GTR Bogner 12H

This covers as many bases as possible while also suiting what I feel has the largest market demand. The first year of these is always going to be the battle of trying to get everybody their 1 favorite configuration as of yesterday, which is an impossible task and can be frustrating on both sides. However once that's over tensions will resolve a little and I can hopefully start throwing in more obscure niche options once in a while as the big ones will already be available.

If it says anything for the size of the task at hand, prior to now the WAV libraries had a little over 100 captures per library. I'm still making decisions but the V2 libraries are going to be somewhere around the 2000 to 2500 mark. No shortcuts are being taken, I'm going with an all analog signal path throughout, and I have 4/3 that many captures to make for the PRO libraries, which is a completely different approach and completely different set of files, so it's quite the nightmare I've carved out for myself here. :lol

The V2 libraries are going to be somewhere around the 2000 to 2500 mark.
That's inhuman! :razz It would degrade a true quality grade OH IR to a few cents a piece!? :eek:
I would drop the Nebula or do another kickstarter to employ a 2nd perfectionist ;)
A simple copy and renumber utility might work too :mrgreen

Last edited:

I would like to ask if you might give some hints at the preset you used. I tried the Atomica with the new Beta Ownhammers but my sound is nothing like yours at all.

I tried the Atomica high and low with default values and with MV at about 7-9 and Drive at 3-5.
Cab was OH beta SM57 position 5 with or without W, F, or WF (which makes it more or less bassy of course). Nothing else in the signal chain and no other values differ from default. I am still on 8.01a FW.

The sound I achieve is somehow fizzy and very very hifi.

Is there anything you could hint at what to change?

I would like to ask if you might give some hints at the preset you used. I tried the Atomica with the new Beta Ownhammers but my sound is nothing like yours at all.

I tried the Atomica high and low with default values and with MV at about 7-9 and Drive at 3-5.
Cab was OH beta SM57 position 5 with or without W, F, or WF (which makes it more or less bassy of course). Nothing else in the signal chain and no other values differ from default. I am still on 8.01a FW.

same thing i get... it always sounds horrible even after resetting the amp, starting from scratch etc.

Can you hold out a day or so; I'll try your settings out and report back. From the description, it sounds (perhaps?) as if you either had another mic selected in the cab block (set the mic to 'none') or perhaps had the cab block inadvertently bypassed??? (Don't be mad at me, I had to ask based on the description).

Whoa. Atomica master at 7-9? Is that where people are setting the master for high gain tone in v9?

I am using Atomica High. My settings in that amp block differ from the one above in that I have MV lower.

Drive: 3.50
B/M/T: 5.00/6.00/6.00
Presence: 6.00
Master: 6.00

Cab block:

Lo-Cut/High-Cut/Motor Drive/Air/Room: all zero or null settings
Mic: None
Proximity: 5.00

Using the OH Beta V30 Position 5 (that's what I have in my Axe-FX right now) it sounds like this:

Last edited:
Ahhh! Presence at 6 and the lower gain and MV make a huuuge difference! Now it comes much closer to what it should sound like...

Back
Top Bottom