Ground Control Pro to change Scenes?

bstoner

Inspired
Has anyone been able to figure out how to change Scenes with a ground control pro? possible?

I have not been able to figure this out. Thanks for your help

IIRC you can not select specific values for CC messages on the GCP. It will only send on or off values. I could be wrong (its been a while sense I used my GCP) but I am pretty sure I went down that road once before.

You have to use turn on program mapping mode to "custom" and "Ignore Redundant PC" to "on" in the Axe first. Then you map the scenes to a program number. Example, you can map program numbers 37, 38, 39, and 40 to access preset 37 scene 1 to scene 4. So when I hit the GCP for program 37, it'll access preset 37 scene 1, when I hit program 38 on the GCP, it'll access preset 37 scene 2 in the Axe, and so on. This the way I use the feature with my GCP.

Why the "Ignore Redundant PC" must be on ?
So It doesn't make a dropout of your signal while switching between scenes of the same preset. If you have it "off" it will reload the whole preset every time you recall a program change (same preset) from your midi controller (scenes are switching bypass and X/Y states within a single preset).

You have to use turn on program mapping mode to "custom" and "Ignore Redundant PC" to "on" in the Axe first. Then you map the scenes to a program number. Example, you can map program numbers 37, 38, 39, and 40 to access preset 37 scene 1 to scene 4. So when I hit the GCP for program 37, it'll access preset 37 scene 1, when I hit program 38 on the GCP, it'll access preset 37 scene 2 in the Axe, and so on. This the way I use the feature with my GCP.

Hi moab,

Can you explain this to a midiot? When you say map the scenes to a program number, do you mean IA switches? I have my GCP setup with the 8 IA and 4 presets. I was hoping I could use the 4 presets to access 4 different scenes.

Thanks.

I've not yet updated to v9 yet but I assumed I'd easily be able to use the scenes feature with my GCP in the same way as I use it at moment. I.e using the top eight buttons to send CC messages to switch effects on and. Damn.....sounds like I am about to be disappointed?????

Anyone?

I've set the mapping mode to custom, but it appears it only works for 1 preset/scene at a time.

You then need to map program changes to scene changes.. I've just read through the notes and had a play my my peak and worked it out. This is how I mapped PC1 - 4 to scene 1 - 4 on preset 1

Step 1 - set mapping mode to Custom
Step 2 - map from preset 0
Step 3 - map to preset 0
Step 4 - map to scene 1
Then
Step 5 - map from preset 1
Step 6 - map to preset 0
Step 7 - map to scene 2

Can you see how it's working? I've mapped program change 0 whic would normally be preset 0 (bass man) to be scene 1 of preset 0 ( bass man). Then I proceeded to map preset 1 ( normally preset 2) to now stay on preset 0 but switch to scene 2! Cool huh.

I think GCP are similar to peak so I guess you can have either 4 PC and 8 IA or 12 PC, I guess to access 8 scenes you would sacrifice 4 IAs

Hope this helps, holler if you're still having troubles :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm personally going to stick with 4PR and 8IAs and either change presets with the panel or set up my presets to be on the first preset of every bank.

You then need to map program changes to scene changes.. I've just read through the notes and had a play my my peak and worked it out. This is how I mapped PC1 - 4 to scene 1 - 4 on preset 1

Step 1 - set mapping mode to Custom
Step 2 - map from preset 0
Step 3 - map to preset 0
Step 4 - map to scene 1
Then
Step 6 - map to preset 0
Step 7 - map to scene 2

Can you see how it's working? I've mapped program change 0 whic would normally be preset 0 (bass man) to be scene 1 of preset 0 ( bass man). Then I proceeded to map preset 1 ( normally preset 2) to now stay on preset 0 but switch to scene 2! Cool huh.

I think GCP are similar to peak so I guess you can have either 4 PC and 8 IA or 12 PC, I guess to access 8 scenes you would sacrifice 4 IAs

Hope this helps, holler if you're still having troubles :)

Thanks Muzza!

I am trying to ma p the 4 PC buttons as you have in your example, BUT how do you do the 2nd part of your mapping?:
"Then
Step 6 - map to preset 0
Step 7 - map to scene 2"

There is only one entry allowed in the "map from", "map to" fields in the midi I/o screen on the Axe; I must be missing something obvious.

Vince

Sorry to not shut up but I've been thinking and programming the peak.. I've switched it to 12PR mode hence 12PC and programmed it so the first row is preset 0 scene 1-4. Second row is preset 1 scene 1-4. Third row preset 2 scene 1-4.. Awesome... Actually thinking some more you could have it set up as four columns of three scenes per preset/amp! Or even 6 pairs of 2 scenes.. Ha!
Bloody awesome feature indeed!

Shining out
Muzz

Vince,

So you have got the first switch to go to scene 1 of preset 0 yeah?

Yes. I actually have it going to preset 25, scene 1, I believe. I understand the concept, just not how to set the rest of the scenes as in the axe it appears to be only 1 at a time programming.

If you think of the it like the following it may help click for you.
See "map from preset" is the preset that would come up if you were to push that switch ie in my case switch 1 goes to preset 0

So I want to map from what is normally preset 0 to in this case preset 0 and scene 1

Jot down on a piece of paper 4 circles representing your switches, under them write in a column
F
T
S

This represents the settings in your marvelous black box of wonder! From, To and Scene yeah!

I will attempt to draw but keep the columns together OK O - will represent buttons

--OOOO -bottom row
F-0123 - preset numbers
T-0000 - the preset you wish to call scenes from
S-1234 - the scenes you wish to call

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom