Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice if you could limit the number of scenes you use per preset. That way if you use only 2 scenes you could toggle between them with one footswitch, maybe even use your preset fooswitch to access the next scene. You would save buttons this way. It would be also more easy to get to the next scene from the front panel- just turn the A encoder without looking at it and youre in another scene.

You can toggle between 2. Described in the thread mentioned above.

I tried to update my AxeFx just now using Axe-Edit ->USB->AxeFx. Got though the process on the PC and then my AxeFX started making weird noises and the screen went blank. Tried to reboot the unit and all I get is this:View attachment 13670
Any ideas on how I can get the unit working again?

Unplug from the computer then reboot the axe. I had a similar thing happen after updating with axe edit. I think it is trying to resync with axe edit on reboot and locks up.

I guess we can also use scenes as a Boost now without having any filter/volume blocks if we can save different output volume per scene

Problem with using scenes: If in Scene A I have an AC30 amp and then I go to Scene B and edit the amp to a Brit JM45, when I go back to Scene A the AC30 is gone and the Brit JM45 has replaced it.

Can you have different amps in different scenes? If so, what am I doing wrong?

I might be wrong minuteman but I think if you want two amps in one preset you must use X/Y states which can be attributed to scenes.

Further clarification:

What happens in Firmware 9 if I assign CC1 to "scenes" and then use CC1 at value 127 to turn on blocks for a solo and then I send CC1 at value 0 to turn off blocks for a solo?

The reason I ask this is I have dozens of songs, each with a midi track to control the axe-fx. Each midi track has the above programmed into it, and all my solo blocks come on/off automatically (global bypass).

Am I going to have to edit every CC in every midi track in every song? If so, what exactly is the edit? I'd kinda like to know this since I'm gigging tonight, tomorrow, saturday.

If this is indeed true, it means an Ultra or Standard might not work as a backup unit because CC's for "global bypass" work differently.

Here is a pic of the Type screen.
View attachment 13667

Thanks for the pic scott... so there is a separate tab for amp selection now? Can you organize them now? I would love to to have all the low gain amps grouped, then same with mid and high gain amps... or maybe it would be great to be able to have a list of 'favorite' amps, not Global amps because that would edit the settings for all amps but maybe a list of 10 favorite amps that would be independent per preset.

Also, now that we have scenes I'm thinking of just setting up one preset and editing for scenes... one thing that would be very useful would be the ability to copy from different presets 'X to X', 'X to Y', 'Y to X', 'Y to Y' or copy both X and Y. That way I can have my X amp exactly how I want it, then I can copy the X amp from preset 150 over to the Y amp and keep my existing X amp.

Further clarification:

What happens in Firmware 9 if I assign CC1 to "scenes" and then use CC1 at value 127 to turn on blocks for a solo and then I send CC1 at value 0 to turn off blocks for a solo?

The reason I ask this is I have dozens of songs, each with a midi track to control the axe-fx. Each midi track has the above programmed into it, and all my solo blocks come on/off automatically (global bypass).

Am I going to have to edit every CC in every midi track in every song? If so, what exactly is the edit? I'd kinda like to know this since I'm gigging tonight, tomorrow, saturday.

If this is indeed true, it means an Ultra or Standard might not work as a backup unit because CC's for "global bypass" work differently.

A CC value of 7 or greater will select scene 8. Therefore a CC value of 127 will select scene 8. A CC value of 0 will select scene 1. So you will want to set scene 8 to have all effects engaged. This will replicate the behavior of Global Bypass. BTW, scene 8 should already default to all effects engaged so you shouldn't need to ANY programming.

I guess we can also use scenes as a Boost now without having any filter/volume blocks if we can save different output volume per scene

Clever. Limiting factor is that other IAs you've engaged on the fly won't carry over to the Boost scene.

Further clarification:

Value 0 selects the first scene (Scene 1), values 7 and higher select the last scene (Scene 8 ). So you'll toggle between Scene 1 and Scene 8. A new scene, one you haven't saved any states for, should have all the blocks engaged in it.

Yes, you'll have to edit every patch so that Scene 1 has your solo blocks bypassed and Scene 8 has your solo blocks engaged, whatever those blocks happen to be. Setup Scene 1 and Scene 8, set the patch on Scene 1 and then save it.

Mortega76, not sure about the organize part, I assume it wouldn't be at this time, I really haven't played with it enough yet except to take a snapshot for you.

Now for whomever had the first original thought to create a mechanism like Scenes has got to be most thinking out of the box person I know. What an incredible ability, that I can't think of any other tool having(there probably are but I have no clue).

So by using the quick control knob A you can just make your necessary changes per scene and save and away you go. I have four Momentary switches that I use for boost on , delay 2 on, rot on and finally miscellaneous effect on. But now I can use those switches to change scenes and have multiple effect x/y changes at once instead of just one. This is huge because before if you wanted more then one effect on you would have to have the CC set the same for both effects(Simeon Corrected my statement, this is not true, because you could use ext controllers, thank you Sir.)

Wow, wow, wow, Just brilliant.

Fan boi......Yeah

I mean really, this is getting kind of ridiculous, Buy a tool, have it do stuff better then anybody else. wait a month or so and be blown away, again and again and again.

side note: who am I kidding there is no side note, this is freaking Awesome beyond words.

That is all

Peace

I might have had a little bit more coffee then usual this morning, sorry, not!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm trying to get my head around this. The way I'd like to use it is to have two scenes: one (1) for Rhythm and another (2) for lead. Scene 2 would have a bunch of effects turned on (lead delay, comp, drive, added volume). Most patches would default to scene 1. I'd like to have one switch on my MFC to toggle between scene 1/2 (green light on for scene 2). Any thoughts on how to set this up. I've got a switch working to toggle from scene 1 to 8 but it gets stuck on 8 and can't go back to 1.

This feature is going to be awesome by the way - just what I was going to attempt with detailed midi commands.

fyi - I did the backup / upgrade with no issues using AE.

Got it now with additioal info fro Cliff /Yek. This is an awesome feature. To think I almost went Liquid Foot to get more advanced midi programming - not needed with this - works great with MFC - ffffewwww!

This is huge because before if you wanted more then one effect on you would have to have the CC set the same for both effects.

not quite true...i've been turning multiple fx on and off and adjusting delay feedback levels and reverb levels all at the same time using the external modifiers. the only advantage this scenes thing gives me (and it's a biggie) is that i can now use the X/Y stuff as well. i'll have to reprogram my pedalboard, but it's not a major problem.

Does anyone know if it is possible to select scenes with a Ground Control Pro? I do not think they can do a CC # with a value. Anyone get it to work?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom