Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got shows in Iowa the next 3 days...have to wait 'till Sunday to try this...bummer! LOL

The real bummer is that you'll be in Iowa for the next three days. I spent a month there one weekend...LOL No offense to any...Iowans?...Iowaites?...Iowanians? Whatever. I used to wonder why Slipknot sounds so angry. Then I found out they were from Iowa. Nuff Ced!

very very good indeed. some simple yet powerful and useful user interface improvements

Well just upgraded from 7.0 to 9 beta using Midi OX.

WOW, this is like a great meal that has had added the extra sprinkling of spices to taste. Just played through some of my pre sets and the standard ones. There is just that something extra there, awesome job.

Even some of the pre sets that I was not so keen on before sound good now. The notes seem to have an extra dynamism and clarity. As I didn't try 8 I don't know which change came from 8 or 9, but overall this is superb.

Now to try some new amp models.. Thanks FAS :razz 8)

i've got a gig tonight, so i'm holding off for the moment (reluctantly!). i'll wait till the official version is out when i've got a couple of days to do any necessary tweaking

i'm guessing there's no need to reset the amp blocks if we're on 8.01a?

I'm not an efficient tweaker . I get distracted playing and usually take a loooong time to do something.
I finally spent some decent time preparing the axe,mfc and expressions for upcoming gigs.

Guys upgrading from 8.1a to 9. Did you find eq adjustments needed or everything was pretty much good to go?
What about volumes? Cliff stated that this fw version was somewhat quieter.

Tks all.

Update is awesome and the best part is that I didn't have to adjust anything on my presets!! I didn't even have to turn off the cab sims as they were already off! This update kept everything where it was at and just enhanced the tone. Love the list of amps on one screen and the Splawns sound killer!!

I'm not an efficient tweaker . I get distracted playing and usually take a loooong time to do something.
I finally spent some decent time preparing the axe,mfc and expressions for upcoming gigs.

Guys upgrading from 8.1a to 9. Did you find eq adjustments needed or everything was pretty much good to go?
What about volumes? Cliff stated that this fw version was somewhat quieter.

Tks all.

Like I mentioned in my post, I literally did not touch a single parameter. This is the first update where I haven't had to do a thing.

Cliff,

I haven't had the chance to install FW9 yet, but know this... due to the addition of the Jubilee model, I owe you a couple drinks and a steak dinner. Thanks so much for making this model!

I don't get it how to set the scenes for the CC!
I do have 5 CC switches where i had "External Control 1-5" configured. Now i want to have Scene 1-5 on these buttons but in the CTRL Menu is just a single "Scene Select" Parameter.

I can really feel and hear the difference between 8 and 9... 9 sounds, as Scott P put it, rounder and more 'musical' to my ears, this holds true especially for the low to mid gain tones ... and I love the Marshall 2550/Brit Silver and the Spawn Nitrous amp models... thank you so much Cliff & FAS!

I don't get it how to set the scenes for the CC!
I do have 5 CC switches where i had "External Control 1-5" configured. Now i want to have Scene 1-5 on these buttons but in the CTRL Menu is just a single "Scene Select" Parameter.
As I understand it now CC34 is the "Scene Select" parameter. The actual selection of the scene is done by the CC value (1 to 8 ).
Programming your 5 switches to CC34 with different values should do the trick.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW Congrats on this update FAS. Love the extra hair and body on the tones.

For some reason some of the cabs do not show up or are replaced by letters or other things in the cab selection window of Axe Edit. Does anyone else have this problem? However, they're still there on the Axe itself.

I really would not use axe-edit for editing right now.
You could reimport them from the axe-fx but axe-edit is not fully compatible with 9 at this time.

I tried to update my AxeFx just now using Axe-Edit ->USB->AxeFx. Got though the process on the PC and then my AxeFX started making weird noises and the screen went blank. Tried to reboot the unit and all I get is this:IMG_3363.jpg
Any ideas on how I can get the unit working again?

As I understand it now CC34 is the "Scene Select" parameter. The actual selection of the scene is done by the CC value (1 to 8 ).

thanks winger,
I'll try that but this is far away from a fast workflow :-(
A possibility to use the Sceneselection like the EXT CTRL would be perfect for me but anyway, I'll try it the other way round. Just hate the programming of my Softstep, de Gordius is a so easy compared to this thing -.-

Tried to update for the last 3 hours to no avail. I always get a "file transfer error" at the end of the transfer, no matter if I use AE or Midi-Ox. I re-downloaded the file to no avail, too. Never had problems with updating before, only thing I noticed this time was, that updating took more than 20 minutes, while before it was just about 5.
Any ideas?

- Hans

The only thing not correct here is that CC values 0-7 select scenes 1-8 because there's an offset by 1 with MIDI values starting at 0.

Would be nice if you could limit the number of scenes you use per preset. That way if you use only 2 scenes you could toggle between them with one footswitch, maybe even use your preset fooswitch to access the next scene. You would save buttons this way. It would be also more easy to get to the next scene from the front panel- just turn the A encoder without looking at it and youre in another scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom