So where are AXE 1 and AXE 2 made in?

I've been hearing that Axe FX is different than other modelling units among other things by being made in USA instead of somewhere in Asia.

I know that most electronics nowdays are made in Asia.

So , I'd like to ask, what parts of the unit besides the software are made in USA? Isn't this called assembled in the USA when the individual parts are not made in the USA? Or are the boards and components of the Axe indeed made in USA?

Any differences between Axe 1 and Axe 2 in that regard?

Both Axes have most parts (if not all) made in the USA... The MFC is made overseas if I'm not mistaken.

They are both made in a very remote part of China with slave labor and very cheap parts. A worker is killed every week to keep everyone honest & obedient!!

Cliff has it sounding so good though, so we just focus on that and leave it up to God to sort out the inhumanity of it all.

I believe they made be assembled in Wilmington, MA. (Which is where I live....that's why it stuck in my head when I saw it mentioned in the past)
I'm guessing parts come from all over.

I would also guess the software is all loaded at Cliffs shop in New Hampshire.

If anyone knows different, please chime in.

It's made in the USA as much as anything can be in a global economy. They are designed and built by Fractal, the CPU is Analog Devices (USA), but the bottom line IMHO is that they use the best quality parts they can get within their desired price point regardless of origin.

And we reap the benefits.

TT

It's made in the USA as much as anything can be in a global economy. They are designed and built by Fractal, the CPU is Analog Devices (USA), but the bottom line IMHO is that they use the best quality parts they can get within their desired price point regardless of origin.

And we reap the benefits.

TT

I am not arguing that it doesn't have the best components, but my question is only about the origin of the parts that the AXE consists of. As far as I know to say that something is made in the USA, it has to have most of its parts made in the USA, otherwise it should just bear 'assembled in the USA'. So besides the CPU what else is made in the USA? This is an honest question I am curious about. I always thought that most electronics are built in Asia.

I did a little research and came up with this quote by Cliff that implies that Chassis is coming from overseas for the Axe 2:

Originally Posted by cliffc8488
The company is shut down next week for vacations. The store will reopen on Aug. 8th.

An entire container of Axe-Fx II chassis are due to arrive in port in the next few days. The list should start moving fast after that.

So will anyone that has a bit more information chime in.

Does the Axe 2 actually have 'made in USA' on it?

Last edited:
does it really matter where it's made???

good kit is good kit no matter what...

no it doesnt matter. but i care to know. thats why i made this thread. i have bought the axe because it is good. but this is not the topic of the thread. so i just want to know is it bad to ask because i feel like some people feel offended by this thread.

no it doesnt matter. but i care to know. thats why i made this thread. i have bought the axe because it is good. but this is not the topic of the thread. so i just want to know is it bad to ask because i feel like some people feel offended by this thread.

No one's offended. There's no way to judge intent through reading words on a screen... you are reading too much into it. I am reading some good humored responses, no outrage.

The question has been answered above AFAIK. Answers are not offensive and some fun isn't somehow disrespectful.

Reactions: mwd
at the risk of upsetting folk [but not intentionally]..
I've seen some serious junk with made in USA stamped on it..
and.. I've seen made in USA stamped on some stuff that is absolutely world class..

I can say the same for made in Anywhere too..

so with extremes like that, made in USA.. made in Anywhere..
it's all pretty meaningless..

however...
when you see brands like Fractal Audio, Diezel, Ibanez, Frender Squire, PRS, Laney, Gibson etc etc
for better or for worse, you have a pretty reasonable idea of what to expect

Reactions: jon
at the risk of upsetting folk [but not intentionally]..
I've seen some serious junk with made in USA stamped on it..
and.. I've seen made in USA stamped on some stuff that is absolutely world class..

I can say the same for made in Anywhere too..

so with extremes like that, made in USA.. made in Anywhere..
it's all pretty meaningless..

however...
when you see brands like Fractal Audio, Diezel, Ibanez, Frender Squire, PRS, Laney, Gibson etc etc
for better or for worse, you have a pretty reasonable idea of what to expect

There is a difference say in a Fender made in Mexico/Korea/... than one made in the USA.

No one's offended. There's no way to judge intent through reading words on a screen... you are reading too much into it. I am reading some good humored responses, no outrage.

The question has been answered above AFAIK. Answers are not offensive and some fun isn't somehow disrespectful.

I didn't get any solid answer to be honest, other than Cliff's statements that it is made in USA. I just asked how much of it and what parts of it are actually made in USA. I didn't really get any replies to that. Instead I got lots of 'humorous' replies.

I didn't get any solid answer to be honest, other than Cliff's statements that it is made in USA. I just asked how much of it and what parts of it are actually made in USA. I didn't really get any replies to that. Instead I got lots of 'humorous' replies.

I think then that if you were not satisfied with Cliff's response, nothing will satisfy you.

There were pictures posted when the II was coming out from the factory in the USA that was making them. At least the manufacture of the PCB as there were racks of populated boards in the pictures.
That means made in the USA to me.

There is a difference say in a Fender made in Mexico/Korea/... than one made in the USA.

and likewise.. in the 90's especially there was a difference between Japanese, Korean and Indonesian Ibanez..
Japan being the 'home nation' was [as you'd expect I guess] where the better intruments were perceived to have been made...

I have played many Strats [I own a USA model myself]...
thing is... I played a Mex one once which seemed to me to be everything you'd expect from a Strat..
build quality was ok.. tone was.. well.. Straty.. lol..
before I bought my Strat I must have tried out more than 10.. maybe even 15..
this was before the Mex ones...
most were ok.. a few of them were real dogs.. and two really stood out.. one of which I fell absolutely head over heels for..

I've got a Korean made early 90's RG470 in my lil' harem..
and it punches way above it's weight.. it's just stunning.. one of the best guitars I've ever played..

and in contrast.. a few years back I got a 7-string made for me by a custom shop in the USA..
it was an absolute pig.. I seriously got my fingers burned on that one..
I had to have a new neck made for it by another custom builder..
EDIT: so there you go.. even within my own collection have two US made guitars at opposite ends of the spectrum..
the one that's supposed to be "pretty good" is utterly jaw dropping,
and the one that is supposed to be jaw dropping and cost 3 times as much was [until the new neck] a total crock..

all I'm trying to say is [maybe quite poorly] that "made in <country>" does not have to mean good / bad / anything else..
and to use my Strat finding experiences.. even same make / same model is not a dead cert either..

you just try stuff out, irrespective of nationality, make model..
it either works great or it don't..
so it's seriously worth being very open minded about all this..

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom