If you want to learn the Axe IIs capabilities

Late to the party but just watched that video, great work man! You wrench some serious emotion and vibe out of the AxeF II. Very vocal tones and phrasing.

Spot on,
Richard

I have been in tone heaven with fremen's presets. His friedman BE heavy rhythm, the Timmons lead patch, and the boulevard of broken dreams chorus patch are about as close to perfect as I've heard. And my kids got a kick out of the bagpipes :) Well done and thank you.

Perhaps AxeChange tests the syx files as they are uploaded and denies access upon finding that the files you are uploading are bank files instead of individual presets. Perhaps someone from Fractal can confirm...
No I exported individual presets for that, I wouldn't make that mistake ;)

I have been in tone heaven with fremen's presets. His friedman BE heavy rhythm, the Timmons lead patch, and the boulevard of broken dreams chorus patch are about as close to perfect as I've heard. And my kids got a kick out of the bagpipes :) Well done and thank you.
Thanks :) But the bagpipes is one of those which isn't from me, I just tweaked the note of the drone that's all. Did you test the "Friedman BE Lead Test" preset (O82 bank A) ? It's my new favorite lead patch and it isn't even on the video, I forgot it when I recorded, like many others

Got a chance to watch the vid last night as Me and the ipad fell asleep. With earphones it was a neat experience. My patches never get that intricate.
Opened my eyes to a new kind of way....
I'll be emailing for the patches link soon!

Wild stuff here guys. It's epiphany time. Try not to pine for Axe Edit in the meanwhile. hahaha =)

First - thank you Freman for sharing the results of your efforts! You have some fantastic sounds packed in these banks. :)

I sat down this morning to begin to have a listen to the first bank and ended up spending 5 hours playing through all three banks. I saved close to 100 of the presets to my AxeII, some for a more in-depth look when time allows and some because they sound so damn great! I can see from my time with them today that there's a great many things happening here that are currently beyond my working knowledge of the AxeII. It's going to be a fun learning experience!

Thanks again Freman! :)

Yes, I tried and it didn't work, each time I selected a preset, the upload window kept asking me "please select a valid file". And I know I was selecting valid files, I even tried to upload presets from other users just as a test... I didn't tried again since, but when I'll had all my presets updated to V8, I'll try again, for some special presets
Matt offered to upload them for you onto a private area of AxeChange though, didn't he ? that way you could share them way more conveniently.

On my first pass through I used added about 30 of these presets to my Axe, overwriting a bunch of OEM presets I never used. I've since began to go through them again and in Bank A alone I found four more.

Cliff should consider adding Fremen to his team IMO.

Just listened to the tube vid', outstanding sounds Mr. fremen ! you really do squeeze the juice of the II.
I tried e-mailing you but got an error on your Yahoo address so tried the Gmail, hopefully it will work.

I'm still on FW7, hopefully the presets are as well.

I can suggest an idea, maybe it's simple to upload the banks to a host site and publish a download line here maybe it's easier ?
Thanks.

Fremen, thank you for showing us the full capabilities of the Axe ii. I was wondering how do you do that clean to dirt transition in the ac30 cln to dirt patch? Is it with expresion pedal?
Thanks a lot for your huge contribution.

Matt offered to upload them for you onto a private area of AxeChange though, didn't he ? that way you could share them way more conveniently.
Yes I send him the files and suggested 4-5 presets to upload. I must try to use Axe Change again anyway, maybe with IE and not Firefox

I tried e-mailing you but got an error on your Yahoo address so tried the Gmail, hopefully it will work.
I can suggest an idea, maybe it's simple to upload the banks to a host site and publish a download line here maybe it's easier ?
Thanks.
it's thibderob @ yahoo.fr, some people copied/pasted that wrong ;) As for the host site, I'm working on it as I want my own guitar blog. In less than a week I hope

I was wondering how do you do that clean to dirt transition in the ac30 cln to dirt patch? Is it with expresion pedal?
Yes, I'm controlling the MIX parameter of a drive pedal. I do the same on preset 19. Been doing that for years, when you use a Boss GTx pedalboard, you can't expect the hi gain presets to clean with the volume pot of your guitar so you need to find another way of doing it. Thanks to my COSM years, controlling parameters via MIDI is not new for me, but with Axe, it's a whole new level and it's fun to try new ideas. Some weeks ago, I was in bed at night and thought about that youtube sketch where someone says how it suxx to be the cello player in Pachelbel's Canon ( Pachelbel Rant - YouTube ), having to play the same 8 notes for like 56 times in a row. And then I remembered, hey the axe has a sequencer, it can do that and that would sounds cool with my Pachelbel's canon preset (098 in bank A, video here : Pachelbel's Canon - quick test - YouTube ; older version with axe standard : Pachelbel's Canon with the Axe-Fx delays, V 2.0 - YouTube ). So guess what, it was 3 AM and I left my bed to try that, hehe. A few hours ago I was in a car and asked myself, "how about a whammy with a +12 shift controlled by enveloppe ; the whammy being after a delay in a parallel line... Whammy shifting echoes, that should be fun". So I'll try that asap :p

Thanks a lot for your huge contribution.
You know, really, I'm quite embarassed... Yes I have my own ideas but mostly I'm a sponge, since I use an Axe I absorb ideas from everyone, Cliff himself, Matt, Scott, Javajunkie, Guitardojo, Yek, RACA, Simeon, Groovenut and too many others... Every morning at the office, when the workload is still light, I browse the guitar forums and copy all the useful information in a .doc file etc. Some of the presets like the atmosynth one get a lot of attention but they're not mine, it's from Simeon, I just tweaked the chords as I tune in Eb and changed the lead sound to use my own, so he deserve the credits here. Preset programming for the Axe Fx is really a collective work and this is what is awesome, we all benefit, and it's for that reason that I'm willing to share my full banks

Last edited:
Well, I can download from the sharing site and put it on my AxeFx with no issues but when I attempt to bring these into Axe Edit, it says empty. Could there be something wrong with the file?

Thanks to Freman for these files. I have them and have explored a few of them with great success using my 800FX and CFR12.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but maybe someone else may benefit from the answer to this quesiton.

I know how to save a bank file in Axe-edit so I can swap banks in and out - for instance, my live patches and my development patches. What I don't know is how to do this with the user cabs in the Axe. I have user cabs I use in my patches but would like to overwrite them with Freman's to get the full sound of his patches but would want to add mine back after. I can likely do this the manual way, one at a time, but would prefer using saved archives if possible..

Can this be done? Is there a way to save and restore all user cabs at once?

Thanks,
Paul

yes, System backup... But when you'll restore it, you'll lose my user IRs again...

This is what I was looking for and I just lost 2-3 hours going through your entire bank. There are some there I will likely try to use this weekend. Thanks again for sharing.

Well, I can download from the sharing site and put it on my AxeFx with no issues but when I attempt to bring these into Axe Edit, it says empty. Could there be something wrong with the file?

Same thing is happening to me. I'm on a mac, any ideas why this would happen?

Back
Top Bottom